Universal Grand Mountain Adventure (by Toppluva AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Indeed we know...;)

Attached Files:

Rangerlump likes this.
  2. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    #42 HEiRAVON, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Post#2... Game is so good I have to post again!

This game is magical. So magical it begs for a Photo Mode!
    Hope the devs can add a freecam option while in Telescope Mode so we can grab some nice up close shots!

Some new details I noticed...I love the persistent snow tracks and how snow sprays and cascades off of cliffs as you ride by. So many nice touches. Also...I saw a wolf chasing a deer on one of my runs! So cool!

[​IMG]

This game is a total gem!

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just missing iCloud...

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    What are you talking about? I just checked and it’s correctly connected to iCloud. It’s already backed up and everything.

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Ok guys, I finally did it so I can move on. I hate this about myself. Unless I 3star a level, I’m not moving forward. When there’s a lot of other stuff (like in this case), it most certainly complicates things for me, but I’m persistent. Especially when I really like the game! Those double diamond times are tough! But it just feels so good afterwards.;)

That being said - onto the 3rd one...:cool:

Attached Files:

7. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    #47 islesfan, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    I’ve about given up on ever finding the snowboard. I’ve skied all over the first mountain and no sign of that balloon. Oh well, at least the skiing is pretty fun.

8. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Not for me. I downloaded on my iPad and had to start all over.

9. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Thank you! I was wasting my time looking all over the first mountain for the snowboard. I didn’t know it was on the second mountain!

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    BRILLIANT BRILLIANT STUFF we got here!
    Already a GOTY candidat, right? DAMN RIGHT:D

Makes me almost wanting to buy an ipad to enjoy the fun even more.
    One surprise comes after another by exploring the mountains paired with top-notch controls and an incredible realistic atmosphere.

I hardly ever invested any 5 bucks better than in this pearl.

Best of luck, Devs!

macplash likes this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    <brag>
    Yesterday I had difficulties to do a simple backflip.. Today I’m grinding rails, combining and doubling flips and spins, riding backwards, jumping from rooftops and whatnot.. I’m curious what kind of tricks will I be able to pull tomorrow.
    </brag>

I just love this game!

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I decided to buy the full game and it’s amazing! After getting the carving board in the first mountain I had to buy the game! I found the telescope but still haven’t found the replay. I saw someone post where but I wonder if the game can have items in different paces. I found the carving board where the person said it was replay.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @imdakine1 as far as I know the boxes are always at the same locations but their content is predetermined so you get every item in correct order. You should get the backpack first, carving board next and after that there’s that trio containing telescope, replay camera and flow meter. Premium items twin-tip board and twin-tip skis should be found on second map after that.

imdakine1 likes this.
  14. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome! That is the order I got the items in... just got replay... I ended up buying the game after getting the carving board and have been loving every minute. I’ve always loved open world games and often times I like to do nothing but explore. This fits the bill perfectly and I can’t wait to see the next mountains which seem different and maybe bigger?

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #55 macplash, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    I have to 100% complete the mountain before I move to another, so I didn’t see all of them yet. I’m finishing my 4th ATM, just a few more double diamond times to reach. But you’re right. Mountains get different. One has more ramps in it than others, another is full of icy areas, the next one has more slides etc. The variety is obvious. The amount of challenges is crazy. And even if you’re able to finish everything (which I guess will take you like a month) and chasing high scores isn’t your thing, you can still just relax and enjoy free riding or having fun doing tricks whenever and wherever you want. For $5 it’s a no-brainer. Crazy production value.

——————————-
    EDIT: 4th mountain 100% completed.:)

Attached Files:

imdakine1 likes this.
  16. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome!! I don’t know how far I’m at but I really love exploring and also figured out that the map reveals itself more when you visit areas even those around the “out of hound sections... so cool!!! This is likely one of my top 10 favorite games ever and that’s saying a lot from a game from the days of Pong.

Although I admit my console gaming ended with the PS3 and Nintendo Switch and am now almost an exclusive mobile gamer. To be honest premium mobile gaming is a steal for the right games. I don’t feel guilty spending up to $50 - $60 on mobile gaming in a year as it’s what a console game costs! Although I do feel bad as I have waaaaaay to many games in backlog!

17. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    This game is so, so good. Feels so great, love the music. Just carving in flow is slick. But so are the tight races and running from avalanches.

18. GordLacey

GordLacey Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I tried the first mountain for free and part-way through my first run I knew I’d buy the full game. Really, really polished, slick game.

They did a bug release today, and I noticed a whole bunch of balloons waiting for me at the bottom of the hill on the first mountain. Anyone else experience that? I think I unlocked the telescope, replay, and one other thing.

imdakine1 likes this.
  19. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    So funny. Ran into the snow plow and survived... haha! The snow plow looks to be in bad shape...

Attached Files:

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @imdakine1 lol, I’ve seen this on Reddit today and didn’t realize it was you (didn’t check the username), but I gave you an upvote nevertheless.:)

There’s some occasional funny stuff happening every now and then in the game. I just posted THIS VIDEO the other day.;)

imdakine1 likes this.