iPad GraalOnline Classic (Free Retro-MMO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bomber, Dec 14, 2009.

1. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I'v been running around the world for a while and it is pretty massive. There are tons of secret paths, such as caverns and the such. However, I feel that there is no real reason to go there. If this could be scaled to a full MMO and there were reasons to explore places where you will likely find nobody, that would be great.

Also, is everything on one server? I find it a bit hard to believe I can't find many people.

2. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    can't wait for the quests to go live. there's so much potential here

3. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    When you guys add quests and/or monsters, you also should make a "no PvP" option. Also, I hate loosing all my money every time I die...

4. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    It's quite chaotic now with more players online :) Tomorrow we will try to improve things a little bit, may be limit bombs and arrows and also add a few baddies (monsters) to give players more to do.

5. Darkjuarez

Darkjuarez Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Under your Bed.....
    im getting this one.. looks cool.....its a bird!!!no...its a plane!!!!... no, its...... DARKJUAREZ's AWSOME MIGHT!!!!!

6. Darkjuarez

Darkjuarez Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Under your Bed.....
    :0 stalker!... i challenge u to a ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddduel! applesauce man!!!

7. Skillcape

Skillcape Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Person? Student somewhere
    You tell me
    K I haz an idea. Someimes it's fun to chat an exlore or kill with frends. Pleeease don't limit bombs but make more of a death penalty on an actualy roleplaying server where money is useful. Maybe add shops, inventory, clothes, armor, weapons, quests, and more interactions. That would have to be the vest game. Also please level edit yes and... Well more server for. Stff. A really cool thing would be like 3 types. No 5. 1.hangout-basically what we have now. No real purpose or penatlies.
    2. Pvp/duels/fight-- monsters and areas to kill players with real purpose and like more life so it's not 6 hits dead. Maybe mire interactive battles? Not just free for all hit and run. But i love the plants and hiding.
    3. Quests/activites- something to make it where u aren't bored and u can big stuff. infact if u took what we have now and added some of thisbit would be fine. But u know.
    4possibly a special server just for building houses etc. I hav question tho if people can visit it at ease instead of leaving entire game and going.
    5. Of at all mayb a games type server? like a server meant only for fun? Possbly some type of minigames? Just imagine a capture the flag? Or seige game. There could be a server wth castles to capture and defenband monsters to beat.
    Anyways those are all my ideas abd I know it alot but it's stuff from all my fave RPGs lol. Anyways even tho some quest aren't set for iPhone i would gladly pay instantly for any type ofbextra content. Thanks again for ur great muiplayer games. I can't wait to see this one evolve.

8. Mooshywooshy

Mooshywooshy New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Good game

I'm having issues buying the character customization. It tells me to create an new character on the sandbox enviorment and that I don't have a test user account :'(

9. aurorasi

aurorasi Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    #49 aurorasi, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Brilliant so far, here's a few ideas:

1) Make a "no PvP" option, so you can set yourself to be PvP or not. Sometimes you don't want to be killed 300 times over when you're trying to talk to someone in the middle of nowhere.

2) Enemies. Make NPC enemies, and maybe also huge enemies with high HP that require a few people to party/group to kill it.

3) Group/Party system. This will allow you to see where members of your group/party are, along with their health.

4) Quests with rewards.

5) Mini games. As suggested above, make a 10 vs 10 war or something in a special arena for CTF or something.

6) XP/Level based system. You gain XP by killing NPC enemies/bosses.

7) Collectable and useable items.

8) Limit bombs to dropping 3 at a time. Arrows possibly are limited and you have to buy more from the shop or collect them.

9) Shop to buy basic ammo and items, the best are obtained from killing enemies.

10) Different classes, each with different abilities.

The base is built and the potential is huge. If you implement the ideas above, you'll have a very large user base I'm sure. I'd happily pay for a game that includes the above. It can crash quite frequent if you keep running in and out of a building too by the way, but other than that, no real problems.

Keep up the good work! :cool:

10. Skillcape

Oct 4, 2009
    You tell me
    *AHEM*cough* 2posts above*cough
    well whatever the more people supporting the same ideas the better. Yeah but also they were gonna add extra servers I believe so u could have a place that doesn't limit bombs cuz it's just fun cmon admit throwing out 100 bombs to cause mayhem is fun.
    But some people on appstre getting a little waiting. Err If that made sence. Lol I'f only people actually read developers blogs/posts. But they have already updated few things here and there as well as the help section. So hopefully in a few days we see some monsters and map builders. Btw don't take this as an attack

But I like your above idea and it was something I didn't think of was teams and groups. Me and some friends have made a group an secret base area. But lol we always get lost when traveling. It woul be nice to be group and see them anywhere. But tge editor could let us make a real base. Also could there be put some things to pull in the main game?

And possibly some new health function? It's just 6 hits dead. Also when u get killed by an explosion it never goes away so web u span u lose 1hp. Infact one thing that cab be god or bad, is whenever you die, any objects made or thrown by you, stay. So if there's bombs around me but I die befre they go off, I get a lil surprise.

11. Skillcape

Oct 4, 2009
    You tell me
    Cool enemies!! Hope for shops soon and map Editor!
    Too bad no weapons in town. Now the pvp areas are crowded. Also people trow plants in town.

12. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Great enemies bomber! I've noticed that the game has really been laggy and buggy. Not only that, but the weapon icons disappear and randomly come back in different areas. Only the grab icon works. Please fix this, I am enjoying this game, but at this point, the fun is just draining away... :(

13. Skillcape

Oct 4, 2009
    You tell me
    That's cuz the town is now non pvp. So now people arnt just killing in the main area but outside instead.

14. Bronson15

Bronson15 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I am surprised at how many hackers there are! I thought the Enemies were hackers at 1st lol!

15. Skillcape

Oct 4, 2009
    You tell me
    sUp
    Bronson it's me from the game

16. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    What do you mean hackers? I haven't seen any.

17. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    The baddies arrived, they are some kind of monster :)
    We have also added the map, so the navigation should be a little bit easier. You can see the position of other people on the map.

For the lag/game speed when there are many people in the same area and the problem of sometimes crashing when you enter a house we are preparing an update which will be submitted to the App Store later today.

18. Bronson15

Bronson15 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Hey SkillCape!!!

19. Skillcape

Oct 4, 2009
    You tell me
    U also hoping to release level edit or new server type thingies soon?

20. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    The player houses / map editor will come in January. We are working on several things right now. The map has already been added, next thing will be new shields in the menu.

We have also submitted a binary update which is speeding up the game a lot and also fixes the crashes when entering a house. If Apple is approving as fast as our Bomber Online update then it should go live very soon :D