iPad GraalOnline Classic (Free Retro-MMO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bomber, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is a fun game. The combat and controls are really good, although I did get ripped by someone.

It is a amazing that the controls work so well when there are so many games I have purchased and the controls feel off. I also really like the look of this game.

Is this pretty much just a combat game or is there more to it? I noticed it showed how long I played online but didn't mention my death anywhere.

2. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    I've been playing Graal Online for roughly 9 years now, and Classic has always been considered my "Home" server.
    You have no idea how great it is to have a portable version of this nostalgic epic at all times now.
    This can only get better with time.

It's a fun little Zelda-esque multiplayer game with quests and exploration.
    The PC version has so much more, and we can expect to see some great improvements in the future. ;)

3. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Right now the game is mainly about chat and sparring, we thought it's best to focus on that first instead of making some halfhearted quests or so...

The plan is to add an online map editor so that the players can design their own houses and even quests (imagine building your house and adding some monsters, the door to the next room opens when the monsters are killed). GraalOnline is mainly about player created content, so we want to bring that to the iPhone. We decided to make it free so that a lot of people can enjoy it and we can bring the game to a bigger audience, and then eventually later charge 0.99 for additional servers / worlds.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Awesome job Bomber! I'm looking forward to the upcoming updates to make this game truly amazing.

5. Skillcape

Skillcape Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Person? Student somewhere
    You tell me
    Thanks! if your the company Eurocenter on the appstore right? the games u make are fun especially bomber online and dinosmash. i saw this graal and got it right away like minutes after submission and didnt hesitate for the custom pack. a level editor would make it sweet! soon this could become like the online version? maybe we can have more weapons and equippable items? or something to spend out money on? cuz right now death has no penatly. which is ok, but if it could be a real adventure game u can get friends and explore and use healing items or whatnot. anyways look forward to updates?
    any predictions on when you'll be submitting? i need to get an itunes card lol.

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

whats the dlc?

7. Beezle

Beezle Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Interesting!
    Do you also plan to add Playerworlds (there are already existing ones, see http://www.graalonline.com/) to the iPhone version?

Overall, this reminds me a lot of a MUD but with Zelda like graphics.

8. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

This game is awesome!
    But is there a game similar to this, but without needing to be online?
    I'm amazed how fast this game runs on Wi-Fi compared to other Wi-Fi games!

9. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    GraalOnline is online only.
    For DLC we thought of introducing some other (graalonline-)servers later for $0.99 or so, working together with playerworld staff.

In a few days we plan to enable snow and particles. We are currently trying to find out what players would like most for the next update. An online map editor is already in the works. The PC/desktop version has a lot of additional items (hammer etc.) and quests but they need to be adapted to the iPhone.

10. Skillcape

Skillcape Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Person? Student somewhere
    You tell me
    Oh yeh that sounds real awesome. I'd buy that game on iPhone anyways. Btw u said about the map editor... How would that work and could other players use them inside the main game? Like If I wanted to build a base for some friends? Could we all use it ingame or somehow?

11. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I think about two months ago when I was debating to get Dinosmash or not, I saw this on eurocenter's site. Looks incredible and FREE!

12. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    It's fun but what is the goal?

13. GnarKill

GnarKill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    I just keep getting killed in town. No one so far has tried chatting with me, its just a giant pvp mess. So is it just the town so far? I can't live long enough to even try and make it out.

14. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    You can try to run into a house an pick up a pot to heal yourself :D

15. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    Or have nap time;)

16. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    What is the goal of the game? Just run around having fun?

17. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Yes that's the goal right now. We wanted to focus on the game play first. Additional content can be added based on player feedback. We are currently working on a way to create your own house (with furniture), and plan to add some baddies (monsters).

18. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    Do you have any plans to add quests and stories in the future?

19. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Well, I really like what is already in place. As for feedback (my opinion) I would rather see quests added, maybe these could be handed out at a shop or something. It would be cool to have some mutiplayer quests even if these are just short adventures.

All I would need to be addicted to this would be, quests, items, monsters and maybe a level up system. Of course that is asking for a lot but the game core is already made and it is really good.

Maybe I don't understand the house/furniture idea but I know how quickly I got bored with Animal Crossing. Quests, even if they can be done again would be a better direction IMO.

20. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    We also plan to add more servers to our game client. There are GraalOnline servers with quests but the content is not always fitting or optimized for iPhone yet.