GPlayer - We are trying to make the best iPhone/iPad media player.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by GinkgoTech, Jun 15, 2011.

1. GinkgoTech

GinkgoTech Member

Jun 15, 2011
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Better features compare to other player in currently version:

1) Universal app.

2) You can select different audio/subtitle stream while playing the movie.

3) Better performance, it supports up to 720P MKV file while using iPad 2.

4) Movie thumbnail.

We will provide some promotion codes later.

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #2 ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    Does this app stream the videos from my computer (like Air Video) to the iPad too or copying from iTunes is the only option? I have quite a few such apps which can play non-mp4 videos natively but never use them coz its so much easier to simply stream it from my mac. Air video can live convert these videos but that results in a a little bit of time delay and also worse quality video than the original.

3. GinkgoTech

GinkgoTech Member

Jun 15, 2011
    It only supports MMS and RTSP streaming currently, in the future update we will consider to add DLNA/UPnP function, then you can directly streaming from your PC.

4. GinkgoTech

GinkgoTech Member

Jun 15, 2011
  5. Kplay

Kplay Active Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Bought it because there is a promo and the player is at 0.99$
    Awesome player for ipad ( HD ) for this price if you don't like the ads of free version.
    VLC was the best but not avalaible anymore so i think it worth it for this price.
    Divx/Avi have a good framerate.

6. Jane55

Jane55 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Well, for stream videos to iPad, this list must interest you: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-and-Watch-Free-Movies-on-Ipad

7. Melquix

Melquix New Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I got it, it's great, only problem I have is with subtitles and some characters like á é í ó ú they don't display correctly!
    Other than that, it's a great app at a super low price!

8. iPhoGame

iPhoGame Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    You'd have a look at "Air Playit", streaming video music and download across WiFi.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=100816

9. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    chinese videos? i wont buy this app

10. GinkgoTech

GinkgoTech Member

Jun 15, 2011
    What you need to do is select correctly encoding method in the playing window.

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #11 violentv, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
    I want to try this app, I really do. But i have been burned too often after trying so many different video players. I like what I see of this app for now...manual audio/subtitle track switching !!
    ...but its at 2.99 :< and I have already spent so much on video player apps.

Most of these video player apps I have bought are awesome in some aspects but very lacking in others and it seems impossible to open up communication channels with the developers for some of them.. like rushplayer for example, they don't even have a website!

Well I will consider getting this app I guess...for now I will put it on my wishlist

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    So, how do I make subtitles work on Gplayer? I have an Italian film to which I separately downloaded English subtitles in .srt format. On PC they work if the file is in the same folder as the movie file.
    With Gplayer, I can't transfer a whole folder, but have to transfer .avi and .srt separately and subtitles don't work. What am I doing wrong? Or does it only work in the full version of Gplayer (I am still testing Lite)? TIA.

13. GinkgoTech

GinkgoTech Member

Jun 15, 2011
    In the playing window, with information selector, select encoding method according to your srt file.
    Example: abc.srt with abc.avi under the same folder.

14. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Hey, it works quite well. The only thing I don't like is that the video name displayed in the table view is just the file name so it requires a file extension. I renamed a video and it disappeared because I didn't add the .mov

Anyway, nice player otherwise.