Good Upper Body Work Out Routine for 15 Yr. Old?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Aussie, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    So, I need a upper body work out routine to get fit. I wanna be ripped in the following areas: Triceps, biceps, basically all the arm muscles, all the back muscles, and the stomach and abs. What's a good routine for a 15 Yr. old that can work out up to 5 times a week? I really need help, I wanna be super strong for cross country and basketball especially since I am a short person. I also wanna look a little bit better and more buff for homecoming which is in exactly 30 days. Any schedules or routine ideas that you do or have in mind?

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Lol, ripped 15 year old? Relax mate, no need to rush

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Crosscountry is the one sport where you'll never find a buff runner that's actually fast, if you can find a buff runner to begin with. Talk with a trainer, since you have a lot you need to learn.

4. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Waterpolo, swim. Your school might have them.

5. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Being "really buff" doesn't equal to being a good runner or basketball player. For running I recommend running lol and resistance training. For basketball since your short, you'll need to have quickness and work on your shots. Here this is what I use
    http://www.trainforstrength.com/

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    This fella's got a good upper(and lower) body work out for a 15 yr. old.

[​IMG]

7. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    IF you want to get ripped..you have to work all the muscle groups. Chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, quadriceps, hamstrings, abs...the whole works. Plus..if you want to look ripped and toned...you have to lose some fat. So you have to have good nutrition as well as do some cardio(running,biking.etc)
    Its not going to be easy..you have to work hard and dedicate yourself if you want results.

Furthermore...this is igaming forum. Probably not the best place to be asking how to get ripped....Here is a great resource on all the things you want to know.here

good luck..live long and prosper

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

if you are really serious about it, I can help out. you aren't going to be able to put on too much mass at your age but you can get yourself and your body ready to get in shape in another 3 or 4 years.

you'll need to tell me a little more about you though, what body type are ya, height, weight, etc. need to see where your diet and crap needs to be. if you really want to put the time and work in, I'll help ya, but I'm not going to type out crap just for you to want to take short cuts and use supplements.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    If you want to be good at cross county running and basketball, then you should really focus on the cardiovascular training such as running, cycling. You should start off by doing some long distance running and fartlek training (google it). If you want to build up or tone all body muscles then I recommend circuit training. Although at your age you shouldn't be doing too much weightlifting as your body is still growing.

10. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    No weights as LBG said, do push ups, pull ups/chin ups.

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i have to agree push ups and pull ups.. you will be surprised.
    you could do dips too..
    chris.

12. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Good way to gain muscles for a 15 year old? Simple, Steroids.

13. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Incredible advice. :(

14. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dead serious.

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I totally agree. He will then have a totally sporting body like this.....

Attached Files:

16. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Yeah, because every 15-year-old kid likes to have random bouts of rage, liver damage, development of breast tissue, decreased natural hormones, huge acne breakouts, baldness, stunted growth, cardiovascular issues, prostate enlargement, high blood pressure, immune system issues, and to be sterile.

The side effects are totally worth a tiny bit of unnatural muscle. :rolleyes:

17. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Google Richard Sandrak.

18. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Not to mention the shrinking of the penis. The worst side effect IMO ;)

19. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    Body weight only, loads of press ups, sit ups and pull ups.

If you cant do many do ten, rest (or do another excersise) and then do another ten, rest, another ten, thats how you build up.

We used to do a test in my old career called a BPFA or PFT , where you had to run 2.4KM (or 1.5 miles) in under 10 minutes 30 seconds, and you had 4 minutes to do over 50ish press-ups and sit-ups each.

I would get 8.20 on the run do over 90 press-ups and 100 sit-ups , I was a good ten years older than most and a 20 a day smoker, but I would go for a four mile run everyday (apart from sunday) and do 100 press-ups and sit-ups each after, no secret fad diets no hours in the gym, and I was ripped too.

20. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    How much do I have to pay to get you as a personal trainer?