Good movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by falloutmike, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I enjoyed The Machinist with Christian Bale. A real brain twist with hints of Hitchcock.

2. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Bestmovie of all time. Idk if its on itunes though

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    lol do it =P

4. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Ive seen it 12 times =D 2 times in theaters ;)

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    District 9 is out August 14th

http://www.district9movie.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9 Is a science fiction film produced by Peter Jackson and directed by Neill Blomkamp.

Plot
    District 9 is based on Alive in Joburg, a short film directed by Neill Blomkamp, Sharlto Copley, Simon Hansen and Shanon Worley. Copley also portrayed one of the interviewed policemen. The short film is about aliens landing in South Africa and becoming confined to a specific area and forced to work. In the movie these aliens are called "Non-Humans" and are overseen by Multi-National United (MNU), a company which is utilizing alien technology. Dirk Michaels(William Allen Young) is a soldier working for the MNU when he goes into District 9 and finds a tube. He activates the tube and is sprayed by a toxic chemical that makes him become half human and half "Non-Human", which makes him a wanted man on both sides.

New Full Trailer

WOW anyone else want to see this movie?

6. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    anything with bruce lee or clint eastwood :)

all Sergio Leone movies, but i don't think his are on itunes :/ idk maybe the ones with eastwood in them are though

that movie looks good, i saw the trailer a while ago and it looks really cool.so in other words, i want to see it :)

7. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    this this this this THIS

Gattaca is also amazing.

8. Stairs

Stairs Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Asheville
    Movies I feel are fun to watch on iPod:

Role Models: if you are in a comedy mood
    Serenity: for those who liked the show Firefly, or like science fiction movies
    The Dark Knight: simply for the visual appeal, or if you like Batman

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Catch Me if You Can is awesome. If you haven't seen it, you gotta.

10 Things I Hate About You... It is a teen comedy, but it's one of the better ones before the crappy, glittery, cute actors took over. I mean come on, this has Heath Ledger.

JEFF DUNHAM. His acts are awesome. He's one of the top comedians of the 21st century. And the fact that he can alternate personalities and styles do to his ventriloquism puppet... freakin' amazing.

Constantine, starring Keanu Reeves, IMO, is better than the first Matrix (let's face it, the other two blew chunks). One of his best movies, I watched it twice, probably'll watch it again in a few months. "Rat in a dress." "No." *punch* :D

The Mask. Need I say more?

10. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Those movies are worth rentals, but not really purchases. If you haven't seen them, buy the first two Terminator movies and both seasons of the television show. The third movie is terrible, and the fourth movie is fairly good, but not on DVD or iTunes yet.

The TV show replaces Terminator 3 as the third installment.

11. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    +2 been my top movie since I first glimpsed it. I saw it the first time on a friends garage door using a projector.....changed my life.