Universal Good Knight Story (by Turbo Chilli Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    If you're in the mood, do it. Though...
    I think once all the blabla and battle is done, there's no more rewards. I know for sure that i earned the (useless, right Devs?) King's Goblet in level/tavern 27.
    I'm not selling it, yet. Maybe i'll need it later. Reminds me a bit of that cloning perk (something like that) in Hero Emblems.

2. Yeah, I got that, too, and am assuming it'll be needed to fight a certain enemy, now that we know bosses have weaknesses to certain weapons.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    So...I shouldn't have sold the club, then...

Haven't bought any weapons yet, since they keep giving us new ones.

4. Charliepinkytoe

Jan 8, 2015
    Chibi Knight Story!?

out of curiosity, does this game have anything to do with Chibi Knight or Pesto Force? They look very similar

5. TurboChilli

TurboChilli Active Member

Dec 4, 2012
    hey Charliepinkytoe,
    you have a great eye for style indeed! Take a peek in the credits and you will indeed see that Pesto Force did all the character art.

6. TurboChilli

Dec 4, 2012
    3 Starring a level:
    I've seen a few comments on how to 3 star a level,
    basically you need to utterly destroy an enemy :D

This game has a concept of overkill, so you are rewarded with extra Score points for pulling off dramatic finishing moves on the enemies.
    As such the overkill bonus plays heavily into the star model.

So just limping through and killing enemies by a whisker won't get you a three star, but finishing them with a long chain overkill spectacular, will. As a general rule the 3 star overkill requirement is 10-20% of just killing enemies normally.

7. TurboChilli

Dec 4, 2012
    You can sell the goblet. We wanted a fun way to introduce the player to selling items to make more coin, so it is useless as a battle item, but quite valuable as a trinket to sell!

8. Ok, 34 is stupid hard. Introduces frozen tiles, two 1HKO enemies and only 1-2 turns before they each attack. After 30 or so tries, I think I'm done with the game.

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Huh, I didn't have that much trouble with that one. I did have to redo a couple of times, but at lest once was my own fault. The board seemed to start with a bunch of purple every time.

10. Even when it starts with enough purple, I end up on the second enemy without enough shields. So he always knocks me out in one hit.

What weapon are you using? I know there's already one I didn't get for some reason, that someone else did.

11. TurboChilli

Dec 4, 2012
    Make sure you upgrade your health when you level up, if he is knocking you out in one hit, I;d say you went with a strong attack only upgrade path :D

12. I have invested some points into health and shield, but of course I focused more on attack. I 3-starred the first 20+ levels without much effort, so why would I think I'd need a ton of health?

13. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I'm doing ok, but a few points..
    - I sold a weapon, but later found out it could be useful, there doesn't seem to be a way to buy it again?
    - when upgrading, the amount of points that gets added to an attribute fluctuates.. Not sure why?

Other than that, definitely still enjoying this game! If you like Match 3 games, recommended!

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm enjoying it so far - level 20 odd - It's a fairly generic match 3 puzzler, I don't think it introduces anything remotely new but it's well done and it's got charm and certainly from my POV I've not felt any need to buy iap yet.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    With the Onyx Mace which you can purchase - I was able to beat level 34 on my first attempt.

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm currently on level 49 and I've 3 starred over 90% of the levels without spending any coins on spells or anything.

I started off up till probably about level 20 or so putting most of my points into attack and then I realised when I started to get hit more often I was losing a shed load of health per hit so from then on I just built up health and defence and I think from then on I've only had to restart a level 2 or 3 times.

I'm by no means an expert in March 3 games but if anything I'm finding this a bit too easy. Still having a lot of fun with it though but it's not really offering me anything new at the moment but I'll forgive it that for its general good nature.

17. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Reached level 39 with Onyx Mace, but haven't played it yet.
    I decided to 3-star all levels (30-38) first. Though i'm still missing one at 35, i was rewarded (well, it costs 40k) with an incredible strong Fire Blade. Almost doubles the Onyx.
    Hmm, was this a result of 3-starring levels, or rather of my xp-win/rank?

Pity, the story telling is hold on a very short leash. Nothing new since the last tavern.

For the fun i had (and still) in this average challenging matcher, i dropped a couple real coins for support.
    "Feel honored" that i'm buying consumable iap's, lol.

19. TurboChilli

Dec 4, 2012
    Thanks for the praise.
    We are looking closely at the stats of people playing, and I think we may have made the game a bit too easy, so we will make the next update reflect this to be better balanced. We are really proud of the humour and charm in the game, and we want it to also feel challenging and fun, but also very importantly to us so the player feels challenged with attainable and satisfying levels.

We are a bit new to the puzzle genre, so the balancing we are still working on :D

20. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You know, most of the time when people say the dialog is humorous or the story line interesting, I disagree. But I've laughed out loud, literally, more than once with this one. Well done.