Good change

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Alexis Wrightman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Alexis Wrightman

Nov 10, 2014
    Our company finally decided to upgrade our communications system with a software that can manage calls, emails, faxes, etc. Does your company use one too? They're still in the process of having it installed but I think that it's a good change.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Alexcis: "Finally" hits the spot. The last time I worked in a company without one was over 10 years ago ;)
    Once you have that, you don't want to go without. Call queues, softphones that also work when you are at home without a physical phone, automated fax/email processing, the whole nine yards.

If you can share that, which company did you pick? Inin, Cisco, Avaya, something else?

@disguised: What do you mean by "how can it answer calls"? That's a really broad subject ranging from "how does VoIP work?" to "how do I setup an automated system that gives a caller pre-recorded advise (e.g. for standard problems)?"

3. Alexis Wrightman

Nov 10, 2014
    #3 Alexis Wrightman, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    Thank you for replying. We've gone ahead and contacted spam URL removed and asked for a quote. It seems like their well-known? Do you have any experience using their services?

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

My spam detector is going off...

5. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
  6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #6 Nullzone, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    The 3 I named are the big 3 I know of. So yes, I'd say they Interactive Intelligence (Inin) is well known.
    At my last company, we had both Inin and Cisco systems. And in terms of functionality, ease of administration, etc. Inin beats Cisco hands-down.
    I don't know about the pricetags, though. Both aren't cheap. And I remember that we needed a lot more servers for Cisco than for Inin, increasing their pricetag.

In my current company, Cisco barely won the race against Inin. But I don't know the reasons, only a rumour that their pricetag was lower for the 1000+ users we have.

How many people do you have in your company? Inin's main target and strength is in supporting large call-centers / large numbers of users in general. You have all kinds of nifty features directly built in there. If you only have, say, 20 people, I dare say Inin is overkill.
    Cisco is catching up, but still has a long way to go to be on the same level.

And compared to Inin's phoneclient - which has some really nice usability stuff, like starting a conference call by drag&drop - Cisco's is a child's toy (it simulates their desk phones, with no added features, hmph. Very primitive).

My experience with Avaya is outdated, that was almost 10 years ago. I'd think they made progress since (found it horrible back then).

Anyways, you should definitely get a quote from Avaya and Cisco as well, to compare.
    And see if you can find at least another supplier, to get a better picture. TA isn't the best place to ask for more details. I recommend Stackexchange, they have a corner for questions like this.

If you need more info, e.g. if you are looking for a phone conference solution as well, I can give you a few hints, too. Just ask away.

@Eli, laxking, psj: What the heck? Spam? Welcome poor Alexis to the 21st century instead ;)
    It's a legitimate question, even when I'm surprised that they were still using old-style telephones or whatever in this day and age.
    Also, personally, I don't think Inin has to resort to spamming gaming forums for "advertisement". That stuff is in a slightly different price range than laxking's waterfilters, after all. You're going a bit overboard here.

UPDATE: Scratch the last part about going overboard. Strange as it seems, looks like it's spam after all.

7. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ayy lmao, why I didn't entered TA earlier?

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    YUS! Water Filtering thread was one of the best threads ever!

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Aww, this makes me miss yourofl10. That kid was such an idiot it was incredible.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Ahah damn, I though C******** was bad