Universal Goo Saga (By by Pinnatta Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 25, 2016.

1. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Bought it. Love it. Such a great game. Very well done.

2. TokaLoka

TokaLoka New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Reading all your warm and nice comments makes us feel great! Thank you guys, you're awesome!

I'm delighted to announce that we're currently working on these 4 amazing things:

• Controller support
    • iCloud synch
    • Achievements
    • Localization

Expect these soon, although I cannot provide an ETA for all of these. Localization is probably the task that will take longer, as we're only a small group of people that doesn't speak many languages. But we will make it :)

Thank you for your valuable feedback and warm comments. We really love engaging with our players, and see what they have in mind for our game.

As a thank you, I'm going to give up 3 redeem codes, to give to your friends.

Just message me and 3 random people will get them :)

Have a great evening!

Aris Miras
    Community Manager of TokaLoka Games

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    How will the achievements be handled? In game or GameCenter? Controller support and iCloud will make this fantastic game infallible! :D

4. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    #64 onyx77, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Any way to play levels created by other players?

Edit. Not sure why I didn't check before asking but of course you can! Needed a break from regular gameplay. Going check a few levels out now.

5. TokaLoka

TokaLoka New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Hello guys! It's me again!

As you might have noticed we launched a campaign with Touch Arcade.

Please disable your ad-block so you can help these awesome guys keep running the website.

As TokaLoka we decided to directly advertise with TA so we can say "Thank you" to them.

Their article brought a lot of traffic and awareness of our game, and we always aim to show our gratitude to media outlets that directly support our game.

Since their article is pretty much a huge factor on so many positive reviews and downloads, we decided to thank them back :)

Also, we're planning to run a contest soon. I will give you the details on Monday.

Psshhhh secret. It will be a level editor contest =]

Stay tuned!

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    That's awesome, but really wish TA would review this game already! 5/5 from me!

7. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Has anyone posted any gameplay videos of this game yet? I didn't see one in this thread.

8. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Is a Game Center update still planned? This game looks like a lot of fun!

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Sale! Down to a buck. Thanks, guys.

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Yes thank you. I was on the fence but took the plunge and love this. I do have a question. The community levels only display one page. How do you look for more?

11. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Maybe there aren't any other levels. Nice game by the way. :)

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Great news, the promised update is live!

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Awesome game! Thanks for the sale & new update!:)

This is one of the best platformers (2016) on iOS!
    Having a lot of fun with it! Get it guys!!!:D

P.S. A shame that I missed Wimp: Who Stole my Pants?, would like to play it!!

14. TokaLoka

TokaLoka New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Thank you all for your kind words.

Goo Saga is 80% off for a limited time, make sure to grab it up!

15. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    This totally slipped by my radar, thought it was a different kind of game. Thank you for the discount. Easily worth the full price. Great job devs!

Bump for the deal of the weekend!

16. Argh!

Argh! Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Can't play, Just crashes

I just bought it, but can't play at all. It always crashes after the intro (whether I watch or skip) at the first loading bar screen (the progress bar doesn't even start to fill before it bombs). :( I'm running on an iPad Mini, 1st gen, 32 GB, iOS 8.4.1.

17. JELLY NECROMANCY ACTIVATED!

Hi all, Toka Loka here, came back to raise this thread from the dead, as there are some news that we thought we should share.

Apart from the fact that Goo Saga was ported marvelously to the PC through Steam the other day (http://store.steampowered.com/app/506830) we have to inform the toucharcade community (that honestly gave Goo so much love, thanks for that), that there's a free version of Goo Saga. We have prepared a press release, it's not out yet, but we love you guys so much, we thought we'd show it here first, here it goes!

Sorry for the wall-of-text but we feel it's important. We have localised in MANY languages as you can see, the free version is doing awesome and we have updated the game with tutorials and changed Goo's movement that annoyed some of you. It's a game that launched in May, yes, but we feel it's important to support your games for a while.

That being said, we are of course working on two more games, completely different from Goo, but equally awesome (we think). Stay tuned and join us on Facebook for more (/tokaloka.games/) or feel free to email: contact/at/tokaloka.com

Again, sorry for the necro, sorry for the W.O.T! God bless and have a good one :)

Chris Kouvopoulos for Toka Loka

18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Congratulations on the PC release and I hope the new iOS version does well for your team. The way you've designed the 'free to play' part is very generous and deserves to be applauded.

But I mainly wanted to give you guys high praise for releasing a second version and not turning the original f2p. I can't stress just how impressed I am that you did that. Much respect.

Looking forward to, and keeping my eye out for, whatever you release next.

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Seconded - releasing a second version rather than pulling the rug from under the first was a very classy move. I hope all your versions bring you piles of cash!

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Chris what about those that bought it like me? Any advantage over the free 2 play version? I assume that we will not see any ad at all, am I right? Is it a trend nowadays and every title transform from premium to f2p ???
    As OrangutanKungfu said, you could release a second version which is only free 2 play.
    Thanks.