Universal Goo Saga (By by Pinnatta Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 25, 2016.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #41 metalcasket, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Bought it myself the second it was released and I'm immensely enjoying it. Watching videos of the Android version, I kinda got the impression it was...well, just another platformer...but NOPE! Videos don't do it justice. It's lovely.

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    This game is unbelievable good, I hope this gets featured on AppStore and loads more people play it

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #43 dukat111, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Very nice game, great graphics, animation, sound and the upgrades are a unique touch adding some rpg elements.

I have some difficulty with the controls on an ipad mini. They're a bit too large and far away from the edges for me. Having them smaller and closer to the left and right edge would help. An option to toggle between 2 or 3 placements would be great. No issues on an iphone size screen.

Cloud Sync between devices would be great too, am I asking for too many things?

Thanks for listening, nice job!

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Looks like an interesting game although while I'm an old school gamer who grew up with pong and Atari I've never been a fan of platform era and arcade style games on the iPhone. Something about touch controls. I hear you will add controller support but now that I'm a bit older I don't game enough to justify buying a controller.

I'll decide after my backlog of games decreases if I'll try your platformer out.

Good luck and it does look tempting!

5. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Great game!
    Graphics and controls are perfect, and even if the time trial mode is insane I have a lot of fun replaying levels! Finally a game that doesn't frustrate me to the point of wishing to broke my iPad into pieces
    5/5 and game of the week for me

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    This is my only issue with the game too. On the iPad Pro the buttons are way too big and chunky and very hard to reach with your thumbs. I feel there should be an option to make the buttons smaller and closer to the edges of the screen.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Of all the criminally overlooked games I've seen slip under the radar in the iOS gaming community over the past 7 years, Goo Saga is one of the BEST platformers currently available that no one seems to be playing. I feel terrible for TokaLoka as this true premium gem is not on everyone's device.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Couldn't agree more. The problem is I seriously can't figure out what the hell is going on in this thread and in the front-page article comment section. All these compliments are solely to try and get a free copy of the game or is anyone ****ing playing it?

9. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ha, yeah good point. I'm gonna hit up a couple TA/Twitter buddies and offer to gift it to them in order to get this some exposure.

10. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I don't like it because it doesn't have controller support ;) Otherwise I'd be all over it!

11. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I agree.
    I'm not into platformers and think this game is great.
    This reminds me of Badlands, only without the stress of loosing constantly.

Has everyone reviewed it in the app store? My review hasn't appeared yet, perhaps app store lag.

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Woohoo, fully reloaded account, fired a missile at the buy button, and now i'm enjoying this gorgeous Goo.

Yep, takes a bit to get used to the movements (inertia of each state), and in most other platformer i would moan, no doubt, but it's a Goo i'm controlling, so it fits perfectly. Brilliant stuff, Devs!

*cough cough*
    Unfortunately another Dev that doesn't know how to provide the customers with all the different devices the best.
    No buttons customization option. Pity.

13. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I return home in a few days & can't wait to buy this game & play it. I don't want a code. I'm happy to pay & help the dev's so we can get more games of this quality.

14. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Enjoying the game very much! Polished for certain.

Question, how to I get more jewels to upgrade? I ran through first 3 levels thinking I would have a few when I went to upgrades to use them but only had one.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You need to complete the three modes on a level.

16. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
  17. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Yeah, this is a bit hard to get three "stars" and get a jewel, especially because of the time trial mode. It would be easier if we could earn a jewel with three stars of any level, not only one particular. I don't know if i'm clear (english is not my first langage), but it's really hard to do a level again and again without any reward, just to win the time trial mode.
    Except this, i really like this game, it's a pleasure to play more and more.

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #58 Qwertz555, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    I'm in the third pipe/world now.
    Without fully completing all levels before, to get all (or most) of the 13 diamonds for the upgrades, the game would be insanly difficult...even frustrating* for me. But, to be able to change those upgrades anytime before a level to have the best chance, is a real cool and very helpful feature. E.g. if i only can beat the time mode with a higher jump off of an enemy to make the shortcut, i simply upgrade Bounce. Afterwards i switch back to whatever the next new level is requiring the most.

I see the relatively easy (this far) survival mode as a preparation for the timed mode, because the exploration in normal mode, to collect enough blobs, lets me forget the straight and fastest way pretty quickly.

*Above i said...even frustrating.
    The left-right buttons are to cornered for me (yep, on my 5s) plus the hit-box of the right button is too small. My left thumb regularly drifts towards the middle, enough to miss an important input here and there.
    Joda would say: Use the force.
    I say: Use the screen.
    Oh, and i definitely would want to customize the state-switcher to another place.

Just to be clear - i love this game.

Edit: no problems with the update

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I'm still stunned by the lack of responses in this thread. This will be on my GoTY list.

20. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    I log on to site about once a month to tout a game... and I play MANY games. This is worth logging on for.

Amazing game. As mentioned, much in the vein of Leo's Fortune, another favorite of mine.

Just finished. Got all jewels. Really, really well done game. Love it. This should be a top 10 game of year.