Universal Gone Home (by The Fulbright Company/Annapurna Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 10, 2018.

1. dillof

dillof New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    What are the control options?

2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Virtual joysticks to move and look around. Tap to interact with objects along with few on-screen buttons for inventory and magnify. Controls are robust and work really well.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It is absolutely brilliant but Everyones Gone to the Rapture still holds the top place for me, in fact that’s still one of my favourite video game experiences ever.

4. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Are there any puzzles in this game? Or do you just walk around a house trying to piece together a story?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No puzzles, per se. But there are locked doors that require keys, filing cabinets that need a combination, etc.

To be clear, piecing together the story is not just about “walking around”: you have to actively explore the house, opening all kinds of doors, drawers, closets, as well as crouch down to look under things, etc. The whole thing feels like intruding into somebody else’s life, which is both exciting and more than a little disturbing.

6. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Started heating up and chugging on my XS Max. Seemed like it ate a bunch of battery. Looks like the new models aren’t silver bullets either.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Happened to me once. Shut the game and restarted and didn’t have any other problems.

Just beat the game. It took me about two hours, maybe a bit more, but I really took my time with the exploration. Overall, it was a fantastic experience, and, in my view, very much a “game.”

Highly recommended if your device can handle it.

8. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    I’ve played it and finished it yesterday. I really don’t have much to say about it. There is nothing negative to say, but there is also nothing positive to say. I explored the house, found some keys and codes and secret panels and finished the game in about 2 hours or probably less. That’s it. One of the most solid but forgettable games I’ve played.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Solid — absolutely. But forgettable? I had the exact opposite experience. After playing, I felt like I really got to know the family, and Sam’s voice and story has stayed with me, which is much more than I can say about 99% of games.

To each his own, I guess.

10. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    Well...the story is heartwarming, and the ending was sweet, but I just felt it ended too fast...the storyline is also something that I’ve heard like a hundred times before so it wasn’t really anything special to me. I don’t think the game is so bad as a lot of people say it is, but I also don’t think it’s that amazing either. And the music at certain parts (especially the one in the AppStore trailer) is the kind of music that someone would play in a funeral in my opinion, it’s like someone died. (To put it in short, the music is too sad for my taste) Just my personal opinion, but I can see why many adore the game.

On the bright side though, I did enjoy exploring the house and the little details scattered around. The artwork and moody atmosphere are also nice and while I’m neutral about the game, it’s much better than most of the F2P junk out there.

11. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Hey did anyone still have overheating problems with the latest update?

12. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I haven’t tried the latest update yet from December 22