iPad Gomi is out!! ($0.99 Sale)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arono, Aug 6, 2009.

1. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Ok, did it.
    Sorry, I just copied the ID from the first video that I found when I looked for "Gomi iphone"

2. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
  3. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Please let it stay at $1.99 when the 2.xx updates comes out!

4. Rozzie

Rozzie Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    First post here. Long time lurker. I LOVE this game. Its very Locorocoesque. Sure, the pacing is a little slow, but it fits perfectly and lets your eyes absorb the very busy amount of art being thrown at you. Very highly recommended.

Rozzie

5. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Thanks for the new video !

Looks worth the money to me will give it a try and leave a review on I-tunes.

Rad

6. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I cannot believe how highly I think of this game!!!!

7. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I really like the game but I've given up trying to get all the goals for each level because it's just too difficult and frustrating. It doesn't save each goal. For example, if I play the level to get the time goal and the next time I play I try for the combo goal, if I reach the combo goal and also achieved a new high score, it will wipe out the time goal I already achieved if I didn't get it with this new high score. Bottom line is you need to achieve all 3 goals with one play which is impossible. Bad design IMO.

8. spacecowgoesmoo

Sep 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks for the bug report, I've just tested this and found that something's probably up with the achievements saving. In my case, I got a chain achievement, and then when I got a time achievement it didn't overwrite the bad time score from the last run. I'll pass it on to bovinedragon today and he should be able to take care of it.

If anyone else finds a bug, please don't hesitate let us know :)

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm finding the achievements too hard... I'm usually pretty good at games (been playing pretty much non-stop for around 20 years now) but for some reason they're really tough for me.

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Man, I need to get started on this game

11. bovinedragon

bovinedragon Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    #71 bovinedragon, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    The update to make Gomi OS 2.2.1 compatible has been submitted, along with an update to Trace to make it 2.2.1 compatible again as well!

Thank you for posting about this bug, it's a pretty nasty one. We did not mean for you to have to get all the achievements in one go. This has been fixed in the update.

I agree MidianGTX, we did not mean them to be that hard. The update should bring the difficulty of the achievements down to what they were supposed to be.

Thank you for all the feedback guys. We take all your suggestions into consideration.

12. Rozzie

Rozzie Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, I'm at the first world boss and am having trouble getting past. Is there a certain method, or do I just need to persevere? There's usually about 8 objects left before more trash has been dumped.

Rozzie

13. bovinedragon

Sep 20, 2008
    Sorry if you are having trouble with the first boss, perhaps we did not explain this well enough.

The boss levels are more a puzzle than the rest of the game is, meant to give the game some variety. There are some extra game mechanics that you must use to complete them, they are not played exactly like the rest of the game is. We tried to make the first boss fairly easy by showing you what you have to do in the opening cutscene.

Here are some hints:
    - The gate was initially closed during the cutscene
    - Notice how the Gomi can land on top of the Garbage trucks
    - Notice the things that are hanging off the gates

14. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Sweet thanks. I'm loving the game so this is great news. Thanks for the quick fix!

15. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Does the approval of an update take as long as the game's approval?

In other words, should we expect the update in a few days of a couple of weeks (like Gomi itself took)?

16. bovinedragon

Sep 20, 2008
    I really have no idea, you can't really tell with apple. The last update for Trace took 2 weeks, the same it took to approve Gomi in the first place.

However, I asked for a prioritized update after reading how fast it was for this guy, http://bit.ly/fJgfk . So, maybe soon? maybe in two weeks? Apple really needs to be more open about the whole approval process...

17. Rozzie

Rozzie Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Thanks so much! I have a 5 month old bub, so i don't really get the chance to concentrate on games the way i'd like to. Loving world 2.

Rozzie

18. Medic8er

Medic8er Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Paramedic
    Midwest
    I would recommend a Lite version as soon as possible. I was really on the fence with this one, but I kept reading rave reviews from other TA members and I bought it last night.

Very fun game and very original. It reminds me very much of the original Katamari which IMO is a great thing.

Only complaint is that someone today at work asked me if I was playing an Elmo game, could you make the people explode into a fountain of blood when I run them over and maybe a little scream too?? Just kidding.....

19. spacecowgoesmoo

Sep 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, USA
    The thought had crossed my mind :p Gomi could eat the individual pixels of objects instead of the whole sprite at once, which would let you eat people's heads, arms, etc :D

20. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Stuck on the boss at the end of World 7 (Factory). No idea what to do at all :p