iPhone Gomi HD - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bovinedragon, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bovinedragon

bovinedragon Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    #1 bovinedragon, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    Bovinedragon Software is proud to announce Gomi HD!

Now available in the App Store! http://bit.ly/aQneX5

Gomi HD features completely redone graphics, with all the in-game graphics redone at twice the resolution. In addition, the camera has been zoomed out to utilize the larger screen which provides a much better view of the level. It'll be priced at $4.99, and we are going to be giving out 25 free copies to anyone who already owns a copy of the iphone version (more on that later).

Anyway. Check out these screenshots; Before and After! :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

We've also fixed a bunch of bugs since Gomi 1.1, so both Gomi and Gomi Lite will be getting a bugfix update as well. The best feature however is the greatly expanded field of view which lets you plan out level paths and strategies far easier, as well as giving you a better view of all that eye candy. You'll definitely have a hard time going back to the iPhone version!

[​IMG]

In addition, we will be giving out 25 promo codes for Gomi HD to anyone here who has an iPad and the original iPhone version of Gomi. Ideally, it would make more sense to just make a universal app with DLC to unlock HD mode. Apple unfortunately doesn't give us this option, so we will be giving out promo codes to our loyal Gomi players instead! This is not a contest or anything; the first 25 people to qualify will win instantly! Here's how to enter:

- Sync the iphone version of Gomi onto your iPad (You must have an iPad to qualify :p)
    - Take a picture of the iPad screen clearly showing the Gomi icon with a camera (no Home+Lock button screenshots allowed, they could be photoshopped).
    - Email it to [email protected], along with your TA screenname so we can PM you the promo code.
    - The first 25 winners will be listed here and PM'd a promo code ASAP when the game is released!

Our thanks to our existing customers :)

=================================

Awarded Best Adventure Game of 2009
    Best App Ever Awards

"4.5 Stars - Creative Genius."
    148apps.com

"4/4 - Our hats are off to Bovinedragon for combining stellar sound, gameplay and graphics into an engaging and entertaining adventure."
    slidetoplay.com

"The dedication put in by the developers can be seen pouring out of every little detail within this game"
    Razorianfly.com

iPhone Trailer:
    [hqyoutube]IaLhglsfJyI[/hqyoutube]

Gomi HD - $4.99 (in review)
    Gomi - $2.99
    Gomi Lite - FREE

2. Enk

Enk Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Emailed :)

3. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I bought it (and love it) but don't quite understand this contest thing. Er...explain better?

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    E-mailed as well. This is exciting! Thanks, and the screen shots look awesome!

5. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    It's not really a contest, just a giveaway to current owners of Gomi. The first 25 entrants who have an iPad and the iPhone version of Gomi get Gomi HD for free :D

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I've emailed too. My twins like the iPhone version so they will love the HD graphics.

I just wish an easier way to start/continue a game. Right now it requires a lot of taps.

7. spacecowgoesmoo

Sep 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, USA
    OK, at the end of day 1 we've got 4 out of the 25 codes claimed! There's plenty more to go around, so be sure to send in an email if you qualify :D

Winners:
    Buzzly
    Carlos-Sz
    Enk
    Pluto6

8. Inked

Inked Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    I am excited for this release. Gomi rocks!:cool:

9. Rheidenreich572

Dec 4, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I emailed the picture for the promo

I emailed the picture for the promo. Can't wait to try this on my iPad.

10. spacecowgoesmoo

Sep 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, USA
    8 promo codes claimed so far!

Winners:
    Buzzly
    Carlos-Sz
    Enk
    Pluto6
    Inked
    Hardbattle
    RHeidenreich572

BTW Gomi HD got through to the App Store today, but was rejected :(. You know how there's a 'Screen Flip' button in the options menu? Turns out that iPad apps have to be able to change screen orientation on the fly..It should be fixed and resubmitted by tonight, and will likely only mean a few more days delay considering how fast iPad apps are being reviewed lately. At least there's now a few extra days for everyone to enter for a promo code :)

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Bummer about the resubmit. I have been looking forward to seeing Gomi on the iPad.

12. spacecowgoesmoo

Sep 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, USA
    10 winners now. The contest closes when the game is released; can't be too long now so hurry up :)

Winners:
    Buzzly
    Carlos-Sz
    Enk
    Pluto6
    Inked
    Hardbattle
    RHeidenreich572
    funambulist
    Seyoon
    Fleabag323

13. bovinedragon

bovinedragon Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Gomi HD is now available in the App Store!

http://bit.ly/aQneX5

Thanks for everyone that emailed in, we will be sending out the promo codes shortly!

14. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Glad it is finally out. I have played the iphone version, what is different in the ipad version?