Universal GOLFINITY - An Endless Free Golf Game (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Morolord

Morolord Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I think that it could benefit from a rotate option, as sometimes it's really hard to see where slopes/drops/stairs are.

2. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Well you only see adds if YOU decide, so jarring and repulsive is a bit exaggerative. They're not forced upon you in anyway

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    But I can't compete on the 'score' leaderboards without watching the ads. Wouldn't be a big problem if there was an IAP to remove them.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Not sure how long it will last but the last few holes my restarts have had no ads at all. Hope it is a continued trend!

5. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Yup, we took out the ads, enjoy.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Really? Why? I'd be tempted to add a free first retry and a message so people know that future retrys will cost an ad, to avoid some people throwing their toys out of the pram, but how will you make any money?!

7. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    We'll make money on the next game. Don't worry this won't put us out of business ;)

8. justplainjay

It's a shame all the nagging made you guys change. I didn't mind the minimal adds at all (which you didn't even have to sit all the way through).

If you don't mind me asking; the How will you guys make any revenue on this now?

9. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    We won't. We will still have a little popup to let people know about new games of ours are released in the future though.

10. justplainjay

Extremely sad to hear this. Good luck with all your future releases though, hopefully people find less to nitpick about, and you guys can still make money off of your hard work.

PS thanks for being so active on a message board filled with negativity.lol

11. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

@eeen I just wanted to encourage you and say that this game is great. I get what you were intending and love it. Already planning on sharing it with my friends for some friendly competition.

I feel bad that you have to deal with so many whiners.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Nimblebit, please add some kind of indie supporter IAP. I bet you will make more money than you probably think. The ads never bothered me.

13. Paps Shenanigan

Paps Shenanigan Active Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Thanks, but I would have gladly spent $1 on this game. I know it's a wierd thing to do after its launched, but an IAP to get rid of ads would have sufficed. I compliment you guys in listening and responding to your fan base. But I also believe (as well as most others around here) that you deserve to make money on a product you developed. Advertisements I'm sure are an easy and lucrative way to do that, however it feels like the attention is diverted away from the gaming experience. Cheers again.

14. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    How about adding a donate button?

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Sharing the game with your friends is worth more than enough for us!

16. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    That's very kind of you but i can both donate and share;)

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Just passed hole 280 and it definitely seems to be some sort of milestone. In the next few levels I've encountered three new hazards, including my first moving hazard, and my first par 5 hole.

18. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I would still gladly pay for the game, say anywhere between $1 - $4 for a game that lets you play forever and is from a great team...

19. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    A free game with no IAP or ads? Something here is fishy... #FollowTheMoney #OhWaitThereIsNoMoney #FollowYourNoseIGuess? #AhaIFoundTheFishSmell

20. Megagator

Megagator Member

May 9, 2012
    U.S.
    #80 Megagator, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    This game just became useless after turning the ads off. Every time I restart it crashes, and any progress you get before restarting is lost.

Edit: Resolved in update :)