Golf Vision - Submitted to Apple

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by GolfVision, Sep 2, 2010.

1. GolfVision

GolfVision Member

Sep 2, 2010
    #1 GolfVision, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

We're extremely excited to announce that Golf Vision Green Analyzer is complete and has been submitted to Apple. It was a lot of hard work, but we've created the most accurate putting aid available.

The application provides you with a real time preview of your putt. Similar to what you find in video games. The algorithm takes slope and inclination into account and is accurate to within 1 tenth of a degree.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TascoKid

TascoKid Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    How does it work? Do you lay your phone on the ground behind your ball, pointing at the cup?

3. GolfVision

GolfVision Member

Sep 2, 2010
    You take slope and inclination readings at the ball and at the hole. You put the device on the ground and tap the button to capture the slope. You can also capture slope values at any point in between the ball and the hole. Wherever you deem necessary.

Next, the app goes into picture mode. You take a picture behind your ball looking at the hole. The app then calculates the ball trajectory and the angle of offset to aim.

You'd be amazed at how accurate it is. In most cases it's dead on.

(note: the app also accounts for the speed of the green...the formula has options for 5 different green speeds)

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    That's one creatively practical app! I don't play golf, other than the occasional "putt-putt" with family, but I wish you the very best! This should help golfers everywhere.

5. TascoKid

TascoKid Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure the foursome waiting back on the fairway will appreciate me putzing around the green taking readings, but as long as that's not an issue, awesome. Good work.