Universal Golden House (retro platformer by Enano Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 8bitmfker, Dec 18, 2014.

1. 8bitmfker

8bitmfker Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    No problem, there you go (only the beginning). Let me know if you want anything else.

2. bilu88

bilu88 Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Thanks for your fast response! Now it supposed to be a little bit easier. But even thought I think that this game is much harder than "League of evil" or even "Super meat boy" I guess. Has anyone reached already the end of this game ?

Ah, I think that you should add to GameCentre statistic how many level we passed through ok? is it possible in a next update? I just want to compare my results not only with my friends.

3. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    Great idea with the leaderboards! Adding it to my TODO list for the next update (after christmas), thanks!

4. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    My friends keep telling me how they are furious about the ending in level 42 where they passed through whole level and keep getting killed by the last obstacle. I consider it super simple but I'm posting it anyway.

5. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Please add auto retry upon failure

6. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Played some more and certainly gets tough. Not a bad thing but perhaps an update with 10-20 new levels of which 10 or so would be a start and give a sense of gradual ramping up.

Other than that perhaps a way to kill enemies. Bullets are an obvious choice but it's obviously been done before. How about ability to shoot fire and ice (Mario style bouncing would be a nice touch)

And as previously stated, auto retry start upon death. Since it is tough and death is going to happen many times having to move thumbs up to press replay is not a hard thing to do but does give a sense of a break in gameplay which I don't think you want because death is such a part of actual gameplay

7. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    #27 8bitmfker, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    onyx77: Thank you for the comprehensive feedback. I actually tested both: bullets and mario style bouncing. I prefer bullets but it is really hard to fit all the buttons on the iphone screen and still be responsive. Mario style bouncing doesn't need another button. But I will think about it more.

Auto-retry and new chapters (at the beginning and at the end) have been already on my list :)

8. bilu88

bilu88 Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Hahah I spent my christmas break to finish this game. I can admit that it was hard, now I am waiting for update with new levels and some Leaderboards.

9. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I got three stars on all the levels. Looking forward to more in the future. I think the enemies are fine now without a way to kill them. The only improvement I can think of besides auto-retry would be the collision detection with the spikes, especially the ones that spin and are attached to a block. It kills you on top of the block when no part of the blade is touching you. That was a lot of fun. I left a review in the app store. More people need to try this.

10. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    I'm happy to hear that you finished all levels. I'm working on new levels right now and I'm glad that I ain't doing it for myself :) Thanks for the review. One more thing, don't you consider this game a little bit too hard? I know you finished all levels with 3 stars and you might not be the right person to ask but a lot of players reported me that they passed through about 20 levels only. On the other hand you've seen the whole game. Please, let me know what you think.

11. Master Shake

Dec 24, 2008
    I thought the difficultly was just right overall. If anything I think the last 8 levels for instance were easier than a lot of the ones in the middle of the game. If you add a leaderboard you should have the overall fastest times as a category.

12. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    Thanks again for the feedback. I will let you know when the update will go live.

13. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    Hi guys, I know I told you that I'm working on an update, but I had some personal issues that caused the delay. I'm back at work again and I think I need 3-4 more days to finish small update with minor bug fixes, additional features and new levels of course.

14. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    Small update went live.
    Leaderboards, auto-retry, bug fixes and new levels of course.
    I will keep updating this game slowly because I'm working on a new stuff also and it's really hard to find time. However, I want to reach 200+ levels :]
    Is there anything you would like this game to have (except new levels) in the next update?
    Mac AppStore version? Controllers support?

15. Master Shake

Dec 24, 2008
    Thanks for the update.

16. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #36 AL3X83, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    I am really liking this but the full-page ad that popped up in the middle of while I was playing and while I was in mid air at the end of a level forced me to get killed because I couldn't see what I was doing, this made me really discouraged from continuing. #

17. Prompto

Prompto New Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Pixel art done right :) gratz!!

18. 8bitmfker

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    Golden House is now free without any ads.