Universal Godville

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 19, 2010.

1. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    You really need to be doing the dungeon adventure via the website at this stage so you can see the generated map. An upcoming iOS app update will include a map so you can navigate around better.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've had this on my phone a few times and always stopped checking on, in the end but you've twisted my arm I'll give it another try.

A new version would be cool.

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I've been "playing" for 3 years now. I drift off and veer back but I've never been tempted to delete it. It's so small of a game and, like the front page article points out, there's no real downside to letting it go fallow, that it's just something that's always there.

If you check in a time or few a day you can influence the hero's personality, speed up gold brick collection, aid in big battles, initiate major/mini quests, etc., but when you don't launch it for months, your little hero keeps on doing whatever it is virtual heros on a server do :)

5. BGrifter

BGrifter Member

Jul 20, 2012
    So it's basically ProgressQuest for iOS? Sure, I'll download that.

6. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I started checking this out after the TA article yesterday. Of anyone else plays feel free to add me. God name is Orodruin. Or put your god name on here and I'll try and add you.

7. JTelcontar

JTelcontar Member

Sep 28, 2012
    My hero just finished building my temple the other day. Onto the ark!

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I keep getting angry at mine when he does something stupid with his money, I wish we could take a stick and beat them.

9. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I just started playing! Name is Baldeagle86 so feel free to add me!

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #710 L.Lawliet, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Okay.. this has my interest. Now I'll go download it....

Edit: and WHY does this game require ios7? Seriously. WHY?

The appstore doesn't even offer me the last compatible non-ios7 version. I already dislike this dev.

11. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I can't figure out how to use the "study" command, any tips? Also any other useful voice commands? I've read the wiki but just wanted to know what peoples favorites were

12. Anteros

Anteros Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Add my god Cardeas ;)

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Whoa, necro bump! I guess if anyone else wants another friend add Stan the Man.

14. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #714 FRnchFRy, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    10:32: Sent a homing pigeon with a wind-up sundial attached to it for (name). Just passed by a Master Chef roasting a pigeon...

Lol

Hero name is FRnchFRy by the way if you wanted to add me

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Really bummed this app needs me to be online :\

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I forget my login info for this game :(

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    That's not cool. It looks like this game gets better over time but you can probably enjoy it all over again.

Ahem* if this game was playable offline it wouldn't need to store your data on servers and you could have had it on your device locally..

18. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Just installed again after about 6 months off everything kept on going but I'm very low on health 16/140 how do I heal.
    Gods name Aussie Jnr add if you like I'll be adding ppl off here, what's the benefits of adding other gods.?

19. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    Your character will heal himself/herself when they return to town. Alternatively you can use "good" God power which heals some of the time. After building the temple you also get the miracle command that heals.

The benefits are you are a nice social being ! You will also get amusing entry's in your diary about meeting said friend. It would easier to try to get into dungeons and the like since you can communicate with others as well , although you can still 'pug' it. Guilds do have a benefit , if you join a popular one rather than leaving up to your hapless hero, they can provide extras when visiting towns. The hero will generally try to leave though, so it requires shouting some abuse at him/her to keep them in line. Actually most things are about shouting at the hero to keep them in line, they are, how would I put it , not the sharpest tools in the box.

Whether they will pay a blind bit of attention is another matter...:D

20. Loda74

Loda74 Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Does anyone have any good tips for finding golden bricks? I'm a new player and at 0.7% for the last few days, tbh I don't know how I even got those. :)

God name of Eloader btw, I'm just about to burn through my invites but I'll save one for the God who gets back with some good advice first. :D