Universal Godville

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

08:45: Suddenly felt a strong desire to examine the box with a question mark. My senses didn't let me down — found 4809 gold coins inside!

Ownage

2. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    My hero just couldn't sit still. 3rd attempt to change his guild, and foiled by his god :D

When will he learn that this is not working for him?

3. Mine has only tried to weasel out of his guild duties ones -- oddly to find the guildmaster to the first guild he joined (which is way down on the list). A few well-placed verbal bitch slaps put a stop to those shenanigans.

He did make it to 11 deaths now though, and I've noticed he is rarely able to buy equipment these days, even when he's loaded with cash. He's more likely to upgrade one of his skills if he has the money. (It took him a few attempts before he understood that Marcel Wallace does not look like a bitch.)

I've noticed he doesn't upgrade his gear much these days though, even when he's loaded with cash. He's more likely to upgrade a skill or buy a brick. I've still got a +22 Pipboy 3000 on my arms for at least a week and a half now. I do have a nice +33 automatic badaboom for a weapon though, whatever the hell that is. (Probably a pop culture reference I'm not catching.)

4. I believe you get access to the idea box at level 10, and you can submit and vote on stuff at that point. Generally speaking you need more positive than negative votes to get stuff accepted, but even if you get that it's not a guarantee as the devs have final say. I've submitted a ton of stuff but so far only had 3 things accepted and added to the game. (2 diary phrases and one artifact.)

5. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Yes, I notice the same with mine. I'm lucky with bricks. Still waiting for some sort of pet to happen though.

Btw, you've soared in your creation ranking, must've encouraged your hero like there's no tomorrow eh ;)

6. Apparently that's on the way, as I understand it, though I've no idea when we might see it.

It's been up and down, but yeah, lately I've been mashing the encourage button just to try and speed things along a bit. :)

7. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Okay, I'm now 2/7 in arena fights. Anybody worse than me? :)

Also: anyone have any idea if equipment actually affects anything? I assume not, but I haven't seen any evidence one way or another.

8. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Cool. 3rd skill is Mass Effect :D

9. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    im up to 32/9 in arena, pretty much all i do with this game :) also 31 in construction

10. I was going to post my glorious 0/4, but apparently I won one last night when I wasn't looking. :) But 1/4 is still not good.

No idea if equipment does have any effect or if it just doesn't seem like it does because you meet stronger monsters that do more damage the more you level up.

11. bdegrande

bdegrande Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Version 2.0 with native iPad support is out.

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

This game is clearly mistaken, there is no way my hero is faster than the fastest starship in the galaxy.

"10/09 10:26 PM: Luckily, that Millennium Falcon can't move as fast as I can run..."

13. Perhaps your hero is equipped with an Infinite Improbability Drive.

14. pdc1

pdc1 Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Fun game, and I just hit level 20 (hero Krash, I'm Paltry Denarius).

Any word on pets? The game said my hero might get one, but nothing has happened despite repeated nagging on my part :)

15. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm now up to 2/11...You had better fight a lot worse if you're going to catch up, Mindfield! :)

16. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    14 deaths, my hero just loves dying doesn't he? On a side note he still has a freaking +18 peice of equipment. He really needs to upgrade... though I doubt it would do much anyways. And almost 10% on my golden bricks!!

17. Dimarchi

Dimarchi Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Haven't seen anything on the pet/companion/etc. front, other than the mention of it in the In-game Hints, and occasional "You know, my Lord..." comment. The closest equivalent I have seen is the hero hiring a dragon to guard the temple. o_O

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #678 ArtNJ, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    My guess is that equipment does literally nothing. Easier to code no effect than almost no effect, and who would know the difference? Of course, that would make the company technically liars, but how is that any different from schilling, which we see companies do all the time? No way to know for sure of course.

Its like the thermostats in individual worker's offices that were never intended to work. They give people some illusion of control.

I dont see any evidence that "levels" of your combat skills make any difference either. Indeed, the only clear benefit of skills that I can see is in duels where the "rip off a piece of the enemy health bar" effect seems to be better than an average attack.

Note that I havent checked the wiki, and perhaps there is some explanation there.

19. bdegrande

bdegrande Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    My gear is deteriorating, and I can't figure out why. My hero hasn't died, and my talisman (same item all along) has gone from +29 to +28 to +27. WTF?

20. Are you sure he hasn't died? He can die and, without your intervention, resurrect himself if he gets fed up waiting for you. In the mean time his gear can deteriorate. Has your death count gone up?