Universal Godville

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Psh. Have your hero die more, then maybe Shiz and I will let you into the Dead Hero's Club.

2. Nijo

Nijo Well-Known Member

I'm on 6 deaths - and just gained Street Magic as a skill.

I noticed the feature change last night: one of my bold items had a > next to it, which said something along the lines of "random effect, costs 50 god power to activate". Unfortunately my hero sold it before I could react. Since then none of my bold items have had the same arrow. :(

3. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I end in abandon the hero and removed the game, because the game was going to pollute my life quite similarly to standard MMO:
    • Forced to log on sometimes to check hero death or not, events don't work and anyway they had been harassment if they was working.
    • Noticed a significant efficiency drop down when I stop check sometimes and support the hero.
    • Good events had become routine ie level up or better items or more bricks was only pointless stuff not fun anymore.
    • This let only the negative aspects/events, the death.

Funny how this game ended to be the same than the games it pretended caricatured.

4. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Found a useable item! Well two of the same thing, a "gift of fate".

07:27: Diligently rubbed myself against gift of fate until it completely disappeared, making me perfectly healthy. Neat.

07:30: Studied gift of fate, pulled the imperceptible ring... and it disappeared with a clap. Hey, where is my gift?

5. Well that stinks. 50 God points for a healing that could have costed only 25 (presuming the encouragement worked the first time), and another 50 for nothing. Well, I guess it truly is a gamble. I never had a chance to use either of the two functional artifacts I found due to lack of God power. I charged my accumulator this morning though so I'm going to let it build up again in case I find another one to activate, see what it does.

6. Nijo

Nijo Well-Known Member

I agree, the healing artifacts are a bit expensive to use. It's going to take a few tries to figure out what's worthwhile: I activated a random one and got 2000 coins, which were promptly spent down the pub.

I think there should be a pantheon for number of pints of beer drunk. :)

7. #627 Mindfield, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    Huh, cool. Learned two interesting things.

1) PvPs don't always end in death. My hero ran away from his. (Happened again while I was asleep so I never got a chance to influence the outcome.) Lost all his gold but kept his loot.

2) If your character is running back to a town to heal because he's too badly damaged, he'll abandon his return trip and continue on the quest if you heal him en route. I don't know if you have to catch him in time or if there's a point at which healing won't get him to turn back to the quest, but I've never seen that behaviour before.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently it doesn't always happen, so perhaps it's random like everything else.

8. Nijo

Nijo Well-Known Member

After a tense 10 minutes trying to build up the needed 50% god power:

I like these new special powers. :D

9. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    12:00
    Had some fun at 'The Mended Drum' - spent 1011 gold coins.

=.=;

10. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    It was actually free :D

11. Hey, cool! They made my portable tunnel into a functional artifact. It teleports the hero to the capital. :) (And, I presume, foils Wile E's attempts to follow.)

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Grats Mindfield! :)

13. bdegrande

bdegrande Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Found one of those artifacts that did something random to your hero. It increased his death count by one. Worst way to spend 50 God power ever.

14. abeta

abeta Member

Aug 6, 2010
    In my case, it TOOK a brick away. I'm not sure if that's worse than increasing the death count but I'd prefer that over to losing a brick as my hero isn't much on buying bricks to start with, one more death doesn't really bother me :).

15. Tell me about it. I increased my death count by one just yesterday morning, and I didn't need a stupid artifact to do it. :D

(Note to Shiz: 9, 9 deaths! Ah ah ah ah!)

Also, my current weapon is a +29 naked gun. I can smell their fear.

16. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    The Arena is open!! you need 75% godpower to send your hero there though. Having my first battle, wish me luck >.<

17. Wait, you said whatnow? I'm not seeing it here, where would one find it?

ONe thing I did notice is that (at least on the web version) you can pay to charge your accumulator. I mean pay actual money, not gold.

Not sure how I feel about that.

18. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    i see the button o.o

19. #639 Mindfield, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    ಠ_ಠ

I must be blind. Can't find it on the web version. Can't find it in the app.

EDIT: Never mind. There's an app update I didn't notice...

20. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    5th death. (one step closer to getting accepted into the 'club')

Acquired street magic as 2nd skill.