Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Why Mobage? Why? Why freemium? Why?

2. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    why Mobage? because it's a publisher and why freemium? well freemium is a freemium. all I can say is just get over it :p if you no like freemiums then freemiums no likes you

3. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    All I can say after playing an hour of it is this;

Peter Molyneux, I have lost 'faith' I thought for a second that the glory of the bullfrog days were upon us..how wrong I was.. Don't give the lame excuse of 'invest to play' say it how it is..you want to sponge money out of the people who kickstarted you're creation, just give us what we want. No in app purchases a fully fledged game, where it's not bloody pay to win!! *pay to buy gems/belief to build faster unlock things quicker..and for god sake lower the friggin timers...why can't you make it more like the PC one..it's not rocket science..oh wait it is!

4. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Does anybody know, what these glowy, flaky things are?
    Found them after digging way down, can't be tapped or anything?

Attached Files:

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I think there The tears from every gamer that Peter Molyneux has promised things to and then never delivered on :p over the years he has managed to hype up his games more than anyone else, but that's why I love him as he clearly has a passion for what he does.

6. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I agree with this person ^

This game needs to never come to U.S it's a IAP timer based freemium mixed in with over protective, stalking wifi always need SINGLE PLAYER game ! With optional multiplayer ... Go away don't need this crap you want this, go get SimsFreeplay... All the IAP, wifi needed mainly singleplayer and plus it's got timers and you control mindless people too ... -_-
    This company should stick to PC ONLY!
    I hope when this does come, it doesn't fake it's reviews....
    SimsFreeplay lots of bad reviews but covered up by odd 5 star ones yeaaa ..
    I can see this coming ...

7. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Point blank don't get it not worth your time nor trouble ...
    I regret my friend giving me a copy I think this game is bad ....she says it's fun oh yea if you want to spend time waiting on stuff then making sure you have stable wifi .. ITS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME O.O

8. stooney

I think you are wrong!
    Look how little of them there are!

If your theory was true, it would be more like the sea surrounding the land ;-)

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    People raging about lack of features in a beta is just hilarious....
    The same people pull the cake out of the oven before it's done and complain it doesn't taste done...

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice comparison :D I'm having fun just checking in on my little town once a day, from what I've played so far it's a decent free2play game.

11. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Send miners, they have a small chance to pop gems.

12. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    e.g. Attached

Attached Files:

13. stooney

Thanks!
    I don't have Miners yet, on the card it says "found in shrine" but I didn't so far ..

14. stooney

So what do you think of the latest update?

I was quite enjoying the game so far, despite the kinda flawed "flatten all" approach and the gazillion stickers needed for every card.

Needing wheat to build huts is a dick move in my book. Especially since the farms seem to stop production when you close the game.
    Also taking away all the wheat I had produced so far did not exactly help.

I think, with a little work this game could be awesome ... IF it were a premium game. Looks like it starts leaning even more towards IAP after the update.
    Not that anybody would be surprised by that ...

The additional crates after storms are a nice touch though.

15. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN

Wiping out resources was major dick move.

Checked this morning, mysteriously didn't earn any wheat through night.

I deleted.

16. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #96 xStatiCa, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
    I got a NZ account just to try this and while at first was thrilled about it, I am now pretty disappointed by the whole sticker thing and how the whole wheat generation thing works. I was having fun for about an hour but now I have been at a standstill for a few days hardly making any progress because I don't have enough wheat. Dwelling cost wheat which really seems counterproductive how it works. Wheat doesn't grow when the game is closed is a pretty big deal too. Digging costs way too much when you want to take down a small hill and the mana or whatever they call it in the game takes way too much of it to buy some of the things.

I played populous 1 on the Amiga back when it was released many many years ago and fell in love with populous 2. I am a fan of populous games but the current sticker, and wheat implementation really makes the whole game grind to a halt after an hour or two. Stickers are hard to come by.

I do like the travel thing with the boat where there are side adventures. I like that part of the game but that has only happened once in about 8 hours of playing.

I really hope this is alpha quality and subject to change instead of a beta.

Edit: I just want to add that the game is slick looking. The detail of everything and the art style is top notch. The gameplay really needs to be updated to match that high level of achievement.

Edit2: I only have about 200 people and 15 wheat in all this time and maybe 50 to 4000 mana.

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Same here, I am getting so bored now, at first I really love the game, but progresses are too slow if we don't spend on IAPs and I am so fed up of having to collect all the followers belief, it's such a bloody waste of time. I was also a huge populous lover, spent countless hours on it, but this one isn't as fun and I hate the F2P genre, if it was a premium, I would enjoy it much more for sure. I am about to delete it, that f2p is killing it

18. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Godus is out in Denmark. Probably rest of the world too.

19. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #99 xStatiCa, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    I stopped playing it. I hit the playwall and god bored. I actually played the game below which is simpler game than even populous 1 but still fun to clear the land and watch the little guys drown :). I played it longer than godus.

http://appshopper.com/games/tribes

Godus us awesome to look at and the graphical detail is great. When it comes to having fun though I really like shaping the world. In Godus it just takes too much time to wait for resources to that and other things. I really liked populous 2 so I tried to play Godus for as long as I could so I played it for about 8 hours and couldn't even get enough resources to reshape one of the bigger mountains.

If Godus came out with a non free version for $10 that didn't have the restrictions on wheat and the hard to get cards I would buy it in a heartbeat. It is just painful to play to me as it is now.

20. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    #100 ramon31, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    The game crashes upon login into Facebook or Mobage account. This is required early in the game to get the card off the top of the temple.
    Is there any way getting around this?
    I am running the latest software on iPhone 5s.
    Cheers.