Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #61 Menel, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    $4.99, $19.99, etc the typical crazy expensive for 'virtual currency.

Resource packs are 'stickers'. Stickers unlock cards which give you game upgrades. Typically you farm stockers from chests and Voyages.
    Thus, all you can buy are effectively random sticker packs to reduce your farming *if your lucky and the sticker pack gives you stickers you need.

Ive got a half dozen hours or so in. I bought a few sticker packs with the starter gems you get. But once you unlock Voyages. Totally unnecessary.

2. Godballs

Godballs New Member

May 18, 2014
    Can you give specifics?

Like the price for 100 gems, 1000 gems, 20 stickers, 50, stickers etc? What is on the store exactly? A screenshot maybe?
    Thanks for the reply by the way, sorry to be a pain about this.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#63 Sanuku, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You aren`t really a pain since many others have asked the same Question on other Forums and on my YouTube Channel too since most are curious about how a $20 PC/Console Game can suddently become a Freemium Game on Mobile without loosing it`s Core Gameplay Mechanics and turn into something barley playable.

As far as I have played the Game I like how the team at 22 cans have changed the Game to make it work on Mobile but as some had already mentioned it earlier in this thread the Game is still a couple of months away from being finished or polished enough to be called final which also does pretty much might be the reason why the Game has currently soft launched in New Zealand.

Overall I am enjoying playing it so far also I have bought the PC Version too on Steam when it was on Sale with a 50% discount.

4. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Hit the pay wall.

Want any more farm settlements? Buy gems. They are extremely rare in the game. Small chance to get 1 out of chests. Not farmable.

So additional farms start at $4 in gems. And. Ive not even expanded off my starting island or built stone abodes yet.

[​IMG]

5. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Is there any way to skip the Mobage account login?
    Every time I try to log in with my account or fb it crashes :/ Playing on iPad, newest update.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Are you inferring that you can't play the game because it won't let you log in? It hasn't even asked me for any type of login, except auto GameCenter login.

7. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    They asked me to log in the Mobage account when I had to collect the card from the temple I've repaired.

8. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I manage to get a hold of this game and didn't like at all I thought eh it's free for one and may e it can't hurt to try but.. Since my wifi is unstable here I soon figured out I won't be playing this game anymore ... I heard godus can be played offline on PC why does this game need constant wifi .. It's sims free play all over again these games make no sense to need wifi 24/7 if your not multiplaying ....

9. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm not far into the game, but technically I like having small worlds in my device. that said, so far I left off with 2 houses that required 15min to be built, and I haven't continued since then. sooo, any chance that one day we'll see a glorious port of black & white 2 ? nah I don't think so; even if it's a possibility I'm sure there will be microtransaction in it.

10. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    games that need to be always connected even for a solo game is just a way to prevent smart people to use hacks and break free from this IAP madness.

11. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I wish they would soft launch decent games like this in countries other than Canada and NZ.

I'm in the UK, how long before I can play this ?

Hopefully soon....... :)

12. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I don´t hack a game. I have an ipod.

No offline mode - no love. - That´s my way.

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#73 Sanuku, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Let me quote here Black & White:
    In a Perfect World, Developer wouldn`t need iAP*

Since the world isn`t perfect at all we will see games with iAP even where those aren`t needed at all. Besides that I am pretty sure that we will see a Black & White Mobile (Freemium) Game from Electronic Arts in the next upcoming Months/Years similar to Dungeon Keeper.

*= I know that the Original quote is In a perfect World, People wouldn`t need Gods but I couldn`t hold me back from just translating it into the current century :D

14. whitehexagon

whitehexagon Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Game Impressions

The terraforming mechanic is quite nice, which is just as well since that's all you do, flatten land and then click houses again and again. Oh and plenty of timers :( Overall another disappointment. Shame because the graphics look quite nice.

15. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Whatever this sparkly stuff is??? My miners seem to go out of their way to gather it.

Attached Files:

16. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    I unlocked Stone Lodges.

They don't build. Broken.

So the paywall is the real ending. Basics halts there. Cards after that point arent coded in yet.

17. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Also little glowing golden orbs pop out of it for me to manually collect. No sign what resource this is,

18. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    All the app does is crash. Probably shouldn't have expected any more from these a-holes.

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I havent had a single crash. Why don't you not be such an "a-hole" and post your specs so the problem could be looked at? It's a soft launch precisely to find these things.... No need to be a douche

20. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Mine has crashed several times, but not been enough to be majorly detrimental. Used to it now with iOS7.