Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. Prail

Prail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Yeah it's in the same spot. Mine wasn't under water though.

Maybe check the iOS godus forum, I bet you aren't the only one.

2. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Thanks. Dammit, it means I can't expand.

I don't want to spoil things for anyone, but there is something pretty cool you can do which nets you a load of gems and stickers

3. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #383 bigjack66, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Yeh mines is in the water too and I can't get enough stickers to do anything about it as it takes way too many! It's really stupid. I'm almost at the deletion point! It's a good idea very badly implemented!
    How do you get past "swamped"? The whole island is covered! I've looked everywhere for a way through and I just don't see it!

4. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I haven't played this I a week or so. I guess I should just go ahead and delete it.

I was really hoping for a game a that was modern iteration of the PM classic Populous. A few years ago I played a cool Populous-like called Reprisal. It's a browser based game on the Kongregate web site. It 'reprises' the populous experience very nicely.

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I feel so badly for the poor Astari. At first they were annoying and all I wanted was a way to squish them, but now that I have sent several fireballs at them, I just feel sorry. I think they're misunderstood really. Just fun loving people who enjoy the occasional festival. They didn't even put up a fight!

6. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    For those who haven't red it yet, here is PM's interview about Godus, I really dislike him even more after reading it, full of lies

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Godus/feature.asp?c=61069

7. Idasofiema

Idasofiema New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Farmers

Hello!

I've got two questions to the game on IOS!!

Why do I have to wait 5H to get some weath? I cant build anything without it, and it will take me years to continue the game? Is there any other way to do it?

And how do I get farmers to those empty fields?

Thanks for help

8. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    5 hour wait for belief or wheat? Growing wheat is slow for the first day, but once you get going you can't spend it fast enough. I have about 500 saved now and am just accruing it with no end in sight. Once you have a few farm settlements going, you'll be fine. Don't forget to build a capacity shrine nearby to increase the number of farm plots by 1
    You can try to sculpt the land near it and then build a farming settlement, but it will be very expensive. That's what I did but in retrospect I would have focused elsewhere as I quickly ran out of belief.

9. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Still no update to fix the log in issue? I've tried the work -arounds mentioned by forum readers but I can't get them to work :(

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    If your referring to the crash at login issue I posted a fix afew pages back. Log out of gamecenter and then try entering the game. If you get in fine, it means you have more friends on your gamecenter list than this game can handle. This is the third game I've seen this year with this issue.

This morning I went through my list removing old inactive friends and whatnot. Got below 100 and can now play the game fine with gamecenter enabled.

11. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Cool, that worked. I had 170 gamecenter friends. Got it down to 80 or so and was able to log in without crashing.

Before this I was turning on airplane mode, booting up the game, and turning wifi back on to get it to work. Wasn't too bad but still kind of a hassle.

12. Idasofiema

Idasofiema New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Okey thank you so much! Gonna wait until tomorrow and see how much weath i'll get. I hope i can start building again then. I guess i dont have to restart the game.

13. witedahlia

Jul 28, 2012
    Oh, thank you. I had not tried the Game Center fix. Yes, I have all 500 friends I am allowed to have lol. I guess I should try to weed out a bunch. Thanks again !

14. witedahlia

Jul 28, 2012
    Thank you for replying. I had tried the airplane mode fix but I couldn't get it to work. It's probably something I was doing incorrectly though.

15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Am I right in thinking that there's no way to rotate the world?

The engine can obviously handle it as there's a bit of rotation when you load your world (and I believe the PC version has this facility).

Seems like an odd (and very annoying) design decision if that's the case.

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    PC can rotate 360degree, iOS has no rotation what so ever :/

17. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    #397 yojimbo, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    That's interesting. Your world looks totally different to mine. I went on the Godus ios forum, and I saw lots of screenshots of people with the exact same problem as me, with the beacon next to the Astari village being underwater, and who also with a world that is the same as mine. So perhaps there are a few stock worlds, and you're assigned one when you start playing.

There were also people who had almost the same problem, but their beacon was only one layer beneath the sand. Builders were able to construct it from the edge of the sand. But there are a bunch of people on the forum, including me, whose beacon is two layers underwater, and the builders can't construct it from 2 layers up, so we're stuck for now. Hopefully a fix will come.

In the meantime I'll continue my project of sculpting all the oceans into a single uniform landmass, just because I've got to use my belief for something....

18. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    PM didn't himself any favors with that interview; he sounded like a hedge fund manager defending his actions. He actually claims that he didn't choose a free-to-play format, it was the device's fault. Since, according to PM, the App Store is basically the same thing as YouTube, and making a premium game would be like charging someone to watch a YouTube video.

Besides those, and many other, half-truths and half-hearted rationalizations, he still maintains the notion that Godus for IOS is a great game, and that the free-to-play format actually enhances the experience. He claims he's just being "bullied". Wow, this guy just does not get why the public (and especially investors) are so mad with him. He defends freemium with lines straight out of the Analytics for Corporate Gamers handbook.

19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    The worse of all was he quote about himself being bullied at school when he was young, poor little thing, didn't we all get bullied in a way at school? I got bullied too (not too badly) but I never used it to pity myself and make people's heart melt, such a cry baby!

20. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #400 Jake7905, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Yeah, that was a pretty lame attempt at playing the victim in a mess he created. I'm not sure what getting bullied in school decades ago has to do with poor critical response to a lame freemium game he created this year.

And my favorite (worse) part was when he pointed to all the 5 star ratings on App Store as proof of his genius. Of course, we all know that the game bribes and pushes players for those 5 star lies.