Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Try 54 youngsters!

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    The funny part is that this game was already out for 2 months and they never fixed those bloody problems (battery hitting, battery drained in less than 2 hours, connection problems and so on) they are a bunch of greedy amateurs! PM can stick his game up his @rse

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Oh my ancestor! ^^

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Don't be obtuse.

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    PC gamers are pointing at us and laughing right now, and are probably feeling pretty vindicated about the "high" price of PC games vs mobile.

6. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Ledge lol! What's your opinion on all of this dude? You must have seen the most dramatic change in gamer sphere of all of us?!

What do you think of 'games' like this lol!?

7. Can we please back on the main subject of this thread. Yeah, about the game...Thx.

Again, since yesterday, i can't play the game anymore.

8. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I've become more tolerant of these type of games. But only up to a point. I still love racers and shooters like MC5. This would have been a good game if it was done properly. It has neat little touches like the lightning setting fire to trees, the people making little campfires and I saw one climbing a palm tree to cut down a coconut and consume it. But then they go and spoil it! If you want to see more check back a few pages and you'll see I've been quite vociferous about this game!

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I haven't made the farm settlements yet. I'm avoiding creating one because apparently after you make a farm you have to use wheat to build adobes. Should I avoid farms? They aren't affecting gameplay not having them. If it's just another iap trap should I continue to avoid creating one?

10. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    #290 Zeillusion, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Ever since this new event thing, I've has horrible lag / connection issues on my 5s. No excuses for this haha, all I wanted was to play this mobile. Blah

Just started it up on the PC, so much better. Maybe mobile can't handle this game quite yet? I have tons of adobes and discovered 5 or so campfires on the mobile device. Each campfire is a new area, maybe it's to much for the phone to handle considering it feels as if the iPhones going to melt lol.

What they've done with this PC game is awesome, especially the dev commentary when you start.

The game was built for PC, it's visually stunning. No iap's, much easier to operate as well. (Control wise).

All those dissing the game, definitely check it out on the PC, it's beautiful.

11. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    There's nothing wrong with the game as such! It's the freemium aspect that's killing it which is missing from the PC game. If this was a proper paid game it would be just as good!

12. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    #292 mutts, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Sadly it needs mobage or Facebook to save your game.
    FB i don't mind but mobage nfw. And offcourse the bug that was in the softlaunch version is still there.
    Faillure to log in, and then not able to startup the game.
    So good to see they put the softlaunch feedback to good use.
    Then again the tutorialfase is quit good.

13. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Well it is no softlaunch anymore but a global release.
    So technically they released a work in progress game hence beta.
    And it not so awesome as you have us believe. It is basicly a dumbed down version of the pc, flatten land, do a journey, claim land rince and repeat, wait until abodes are finished. Wait for karma to generate. It is not a bad game but f2p and timers make it bad

14. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    The PC is a waiting game as well. It's an awesome game, but unfortunately without timers it wouldn't be a game. Including on the PC. You'd finish everything in a second without timers.

15. spencerw45

spencerw45 New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Anyone else lose a good chunk of progress?

16. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    How to farm: place your settlement in the most densely populated part of the map. Try to get the circle to absorb as many abodes as you can, as this will give your farm a higher capacity. 5 farmers is the highest for a settlement, you can get a 6th if you put the capacity shrine nearby. The really important thing though is to make sure every field is on a large plot. One farmer will produce twice as much wheat on a large plot as he will on a small. So if you have small plots close by the farm building, leash the new farmers to a large plot to ensure they build there. Each settlement will get you 12 wheats per cycle. Eventually you can incorporate settlements into even bigger villages. The biggest capacity I've seen so far is 16 farmers, but I think it's possible to go higher. Wheat fuels expansion in the middle phase of the game. I have 30 fields at the moment. I pick up the game 2 or 3 times a day and have 60 wheat, 12k belief good to go, lets me play for an hour, then just wait for the next cycle. The only thing I think you need iaps for are stickers, which are in short supply on the map. I've not signed in to mobage, no issues with logging in or losing progress.

17. Erik Veland

Erik Veland Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Why did I build that second farm? WHY‽

More importantly: WHY IS A BASIC GAME MECHANIC JUST CHANGED AND BROKEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME FOR THE SAKE OF GRINDING THE GAME TO A HALT. WHAT MADNESS IS THIS‽

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I can't pass this voyage. Can you help me?

[​IMG]

19. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Otherwise you'd exponentially expand and cover the entire map in no time at all. Farming is the point at which you switch from an extensive to an intensive mode of expansion. You colonise your interior and eventually build up much more dense villages. For now, build a bunch of fields (making sure they're on large plots), then go to bed, or to work. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Tap the card then tap the two pieces of land in the middle to place the speed statue