Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I would love to play this a a pick up and play clash of clans style game, but it really loves battery lol

2. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Nope, still crashes even when selecting a guest account.

Maybe it's a blessing; based on the feedback of some of the people on this thread that are actually able to play it

3. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    If you accept that it's a mobile game meant to be played in short bursts, then you'll enjoy it. I think it is beautiful and intriguing, and has complex mechanics that lift it above a mere farming game. I'd be pissed off if I'd put money into the kickstarter, but I didn't, and I suspect most of the people shouting at the sky on this thread didn't either, so I don't really have anything to complain about.

I have 650 followers, I've expanded into 3 areas, a couple of farms, haven't spent any real world money, I'm having fun. Other games that are very highly regarded by the TA community are worse than this, in terms of pay walls (I'm looking at you, Asphalt 8).

So if you've all finished throwing your toys out of the pram, may I suggest we collate some strategies? For starters:

Tips:
    1. Grasslands can support more followers (=more belief) than the beach. So sculpt up to the level of grass, not down to the beach. Use the finger of god power to clear old beach huts and then sculpt upwards quickly, so that when they rebuild it'll be a higher capacity building. Your happiness will take a hit when you zap the old building though.
    2. When you make a farm settlement, remember to leave space for 5 fields so that it can expand to capacity. You'll have to resist the urge to click on the builder icons, as this will make the empty plots be filled with buildings.
    3. The rain of purity god power is very useful. Don't drag it around, concentrate a shower on one wheat field to give yourself a wheat crop. It also increases happiness. Spend a few turns using all your belief on the rain of purity to build up wheat and happiness

4. yojimbo

Jan 23, 2013
    4. The wheat mechanic does slow down your expansion dramatically. It isn't introduced until you plant your second field, so try to avoid planting the second field for as long as you can, perhaps until you've expanded into the third area and your belief yield at full capacity is around 6 to 7 thousand, and you have 4 unemployed farmers in the settlement who are good to go. You'll have to get that second field eventually in order to continue getting cards and progress through the game

5. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    But the way people are it's like it's broken , I mean you can play it right?

6. diaskeaus

diaskeaus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Betrayed

Really not happy with this game. I was expecting a response to Dungeon Keeper, not a clone. For those who enjoy it, I don't want to disparage you from your enjoyment. But timers, expensive currency ($100 dollar packages), forced SNS socialization, and tippy tappy games drive me bonkers.

7. yojimbo

Jan 23, 2013
    5. Most repetitive tasks can be accomplished with press and hold, no need for lots of taps. Press and hold on a rock, then drag your finger round all the rocks in an area. Same for trees. Clear each area as you enter it, including the mini-game voyages
    6. Don't be too hasty in clearing away natural steps (steppes?) to higher ground. You'll need them to reach the expansion beacons, and constructing a staircase in a confined space (especially once you have the three-layer sculpting ability) is tricky. On this note, it'd be handy if we could rotate the map, or at least get a reverse view. Trying to build steps up the north face of a mountain is impossible.
    7. Save your gems for gifts from the gods like fountains, or for emergencies like re-enforcements when on voyages. DONT SPEND GEMS on belief, as belief is the most readily available resource in the game.
    8. Some cards are way more useful than others. Do you really need deep ocean sculpting? Save your stickers for larger adobes, sticker upgrades etc
    9. There doesn't seem to be any need to log in to mobage. I wouldn't bother.

8. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    No texts in my game!
    Bugged!

9. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    #269 TokyoDan, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Actually, we backers didn't really get ripped off (but we do probably feel tricked). We got what we thought we were going to get with the PC version. In The Kickstarter not much was mentioned about what the mobile version would or wouldn't be. No promises were made there. As for myself and probably many other backers, I am just upset that i ended up supporting a project that made a mobile version that uses every explotive method in the free-to-play book to make its creator rich.

it is great if you get rich making a game. Just don't do it in a way that uses those well-known and effective tricks that take advantage of game-playing whales ( stupid weak-willed idiot losers) and end up cheapening a game that had so much potential and was over-promised to be the second coming of God(us).

10. yojimbo

Jan 23, 2013
    #270 yojimbo, Aug 10, 2014
    10. Wheat can travel pretty far, but there is a limit. Build farms near the frontiers where you expect to expand (not in the "interior"), so that it can fuel expansion into the new area. (Might have to revise this tip if a transportation mechanism, road building or whatever, is introduced) EDIT: scratch this, I think wheat can be used anywhere across your empire. I just hadn't realised that certain size plots require 2 bits of wheat before building can start.

I think number 4, above, is actually really key. Delay building that second wheat field for as long as you can, as the wheat mechanic really slows population growth down. Completely fill 3 expansion zones, if you can.

11. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    This game is a joke. Btw I use the term game loosely#.

I tried it with pretty good expectations and it is probably the worst f2p money grabber I have ever played.

Instantly deleted and am back to trying to get my rathian s armour and levelling up to hr6 in a real game - monster hunter freedom unite.

I hate the excuse, hey man, it's a free game, you don't wanna play, don't download it. The reason gamers like me get mad is, the more drivel like this that gets addicted whales throwing down money on a non existant game, just means that less and less devs can create a sustainable and profitable premium game, that is actually good to play.

12. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Those of us not able to log into game from what parts of world Are you? Support are now thinking due to crashes it could be in relation to where me is. Give them credit they are trying to fix my issue

13. Thanks for the info.

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I have been playing just fine with ZERO money spent.
    Hey man, it's a free game, you don't wanna play don't download it.

15. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #275 bigjack66, Aug 10, 2014
    Can you get more farmers without building extra farms? If so, I can't figure it out! How do you clear away older buildings, other than turning them into farms, so you can build better ones? There's a whole bunch of empty fields to the west which need farmers. Can you do that without constantly building more farms?

16. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Haha, yeah, there's not much of a game there, really. It's pretty much just "zen-like" tapping around. No gameplay (i.e. challenge) whatsoever.

17. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Amen man! I cannot comprehend why people play these games. I may be getting old (28) and may just be getting left behind with the changing climate of gaming.

But I cannot comprehend who enjoys this type of game? It's not a game, there is no challenge 'beating' a game like this without paying a cent. That is not gaming, that is just wasted patience! Go become a rare bird spotter or something and make some money off your saint like patience.

But for me, gaming constitutes mechanics that need mastering, learning curves that educate you through endurance and actual satisfaction and resolution on completion!

18. IceMan7

IceMan7 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Harrisburg,PA
    That's a deep thinking 28 year old ;) lol agree with everything ^ It's a time management system is all this stuff is (clash)

19. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    It really is like it's broken; it doesn't work all the time. That's the thing about timers, they make a game stop working. It's ridiculous that it literally stops being playable. Games are meant to be played, not waited on like this. So people will continue to complain about this craziness.

20. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Man if you're 28 and think you're old, I am about to die then ^^ (34)