Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    You can play as a guest that's what I did

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #242 Intendro, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Look past those things and the game is good. But that's the problem, it has these terrible things in it.

The game doesn't want to be played, so I won't.
    Timers are just stupid. I don't need a waiting simulator.
    Games are meant to be played. #

And Internet requirement in a single player game. #

And the Kickstarter kicked everyone's expectations in the face.
    This game is worse than normal bad. :mad:

I've been asked to rate certain games for a reward, and funnily enough, it just goes to the App Store and you don't need to rate it because the game assumes you do...
    Is that the case here? (I was not asked for 5 stars in other games, just a rating.)

And why is this "rate us 5 stars to fake good review scores and get whatever" scam sort of thing allowed?
    Why are people actually giving them the score?
    They'll rate a (turns out to be bad) game 5 stars because it told them to?!

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #243 oscar123967, Aug 9, 2014
    What is the difference from having 1 builder working on something to, lets say, 3 builders? Does it speed up the timer?

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #244 JCho133, Aug 9, 2014
    What the f*ck is up with this? The F2P is ridiculous.

I dunno, should I give it more time? Because right now it feels like FarmVille with a World History skin

5. Lolz, you should play more man. Compare Godus to Farmville *facepalm*

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #246 JCho133, Aug 9, 2014
    That's what it feels like haha, because of the timers

7. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I've erased and re-downloaded this twice. Constant crashing on that stupid log in screen. The real shame here is that this is the type of game I would gladly pay 15 bucks for as a full game in a split second. Now I'm going to go redownload this mess again and play as a guest.
    What a waste of a great idea.

8. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I agree totally.

This game is pretty. That's probably the best thing it's got going for it. But its got all of the things that I hate about free mobile games in there. It's a tapping simulator as well as a waiting simulator. I also agree with the comparison to Farmville. The sad thing is that if you took all of the annoying and insulting things out of this game, it would still be just a mediocre game with a pretty face.

9. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Really having a hard time logging.

I thought loggin was fixed?

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Its actually a pretty advanced game when you get far enough. Its really just the freemium aspect thats holding this game back.

11. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

The bit with the ship, where you sail from one mini-puzzle type island to the next... Package that up as a standalone game without any "Belief" nonsense and it would be a great pick-up-and-play mobile game.

That was the only point where I thought this game had anything to offer, then I ran out of Belief and couldn't play it until [whenever]. I have since given up and uninstalled, but that idea of having small islands where you can manipulate the landscape to guide a bunch of Lemmings style guys to a goal - that's actually a pretty good game concept and is therefore wasted in this tapping pay-to-play travesty.

12. Again this crash loading...

13. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Wahhh I have to wait for a timer... I've played clash of clans and love that. This is intriguing but knowing how the other is $20 on steam, what does that have this don't? Besides a timer

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just got through a powerful wind and thunder storm! It was beautiful. Buildings shook and stretched but nothing disasterous happened.

Love hate relationship with this piece of art.

Take out the iap's!

15. Sythys

Sythys Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game. I've been a huge Populous fan, liked the original Black and White, and have beat all the Fables. So, of course, I was excited about Godus.

The Steam version is 20 dollars more, but is worth so much more than 20000 belief. I've played this, deleted it, and will be getting the actual game instead of this freemium tragedy.

16. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    The real tragedy is that this game makes so much more sense on a tablet. Everyone I know that played it on PC complained of the constant mouse clicks. On a tablet is more natural to keep pinching, tapping, and swiping.

17. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Yeh well! That's corporate thinking for you. Take a good idea then ruin it by monetising it in the worst way possible!

18. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yeah. I payed for it (Kickstartedpr backer) on PC/Mac. And it would kill your mouse-hand/wrist from all the clicking. Probably the most of any game ever made. So when i first tried it on the iPad I thought the touch interface is so much better that i was about to delete it from my Mac. But after all the timers/IAP bullshit i reversed my decision and will delete it from my iPad.

Anyway I haven't played a newer version on my Mac for ages and i think they did a lot to get rid of all the clicking so I'll take another serious look at it.

19. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    No one really told me what the difference in the two are. Is it bigger on PC? What kind of paywall did you hit? I

20. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #260 Intendro, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Liking it doesn't mean there isn't something stupid in it.

What do you do with a game? Play it.

What does a timer do? Stop it from being played.

And you mock people who hate this nonsense?
    Are you serious?

Who came up with these timers?
    What were they thinking?
    The product doesn't work... I'm not buying it! Why would I? #

I'm still here ranting about it because, wow, people got tricked into funding this? Really? They made something completely wrong from what they said it was going to be? That's a new low for freemium. :mad: