Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. gonzoblair

gonzoblair Member

Aug 9, 2012
    #201 gonzoblair, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    I find wheat to be the massive game breaking paywall I can't get past. I was developing, now I spend most of the game waiting the 5 hours for a few measly wheat resources so I can keep playing. And charging the equivalent of $2.50 for enough to build a few buildings is insanity in a game like this. What were they thinking? Who would keep playing with these prices?

Oops, accidentally moved some rock terrain. There goes 1,500 belief points down the drain.

2. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    When do my little guys and girls generate belief after that 1st little that the game gave you I haven't gotten any belief off my guys. Apart from been offered 1000 belief for 5 gems.

3. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Tap your buildings they should tell you how long till they generate more belief.

4. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Playing this game does not make me feel like a god with how they decided to use Iap. I have played plenty of games that use Iap and this game feels like Dungeon Keeper in how it charges you for doing simple things you can do by accident like moving land. How does that make you feel like you are playing a god??

Maybe the one who feels like a god is Peter and Mobage....

This could have been great.

5. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    I played it once after "full release", lost my old save which i understand everyone did. I was fine with that, i played awhile, exited the game. Came back in later, right back to the start, no tutorial, so my two population once i get them out of the water do nothing.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It does have a lot of high rating reviews on the UK store and showing here. Can't belive that many people would like. I didn't follow the game so had no hopes ect for it but can understand those that do because of what it could have been.

I just found it boring really and didn't really feel like it was my world or building towards anything.

Can't be just get a populous port? Surely that would run on iOS. I still have the pc game but sadly it doesn't run on new computers.

7. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    The steam version hasn't received stellar reviews exactly...

8. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #208 bigjack66, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    PM should look up hypocrite in the dictionary cause he seems to have forgotten its meaning!
    The game is annoying and 5hrs for wheat is just stupid. I don't understand why people spend money on these freemium games! Have you learned nothing. Having said that I'm still playing it, although no way am I spending money on it unless it's for a proper premium game. I'll stop once I can go no further! Also these voyages as the only way to get stickers is annoying!
    Edit: it's down again! If you don't have enough servers take it offline! At least that would remove one annoying aspect of the game!

9. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer

Yep me too,on both my iPhone 5s and iPad 2

10. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    How does this game have 10,000+ ratings in the App Store with an average of 4.5 stars and NO reviews? Something is not right there

11. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    #211 pauldavidmerritt, Aug 9, 2014
    I have no words for this. I am so tired of waiting patiently with pure excitement for a game that truly fails to deliver what players were expecting, as well as the gameplay type the dev's were promoting.

*MISLEADING*

12. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #212 bigjack66, Aug 9, 2014
    Here's a new irritation! Now that I have farms the builders won't build now without wheat, whereas before they built without any. Yet another nuisance to slow the game down and piss everybody off! I mean PM went on about
    Dungeon Keeper and this is almost as bad! Talk about pot and kettle!
    Unfortunately there's not much choice of god sims. The only other one I can think of on iOS is the Settlers which is better than this in every way, although it had some flaws, it kicks the crap out of this dross!

13. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    #213 TheRybka, Aug 9, 2014
    The opening was terrible. I didn't even get to the main part of the game and I was bored. Molyneux's air of "I'm an intellectual, and I'm doing important things" bleeds through from the intro movie. Then I get to scrub specific circles of earth, even though I'm a god. Can't I pick the people up? Make a wave carry them to shore?

God = all powerful. The player is a deity. Sorry, Molyneux...

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why is this game getting so low review from arcade... It's high rating all over the appstore

15. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #215 Ubisububi, Aug 9, 2014
    A previous post described how the game rewards you with in-game currency if you rate it five stars. Can't verify that, though, and I have no idea how they would implement something like that. More than likely it's the usual F2P crowd that's gobbling it up. I do most of my mobile gaming on a Surface Pro these days to escape "the future of iOS gaming." Really enjoy playing the original Rollercoaster Tycoon when games like this get krapped out.

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Woah, wheat wasn't in the PC version. You serious? You need wheat to build eventually in the mobile version? Wow, now I understand why everyones flippin.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    To remove a mountain usually took me a ton of belief on the PC. Which was easy to get because you could have a hundred + adobes in no time to gather 20k belief + over the course of the day. On the mobile version it's all scaled down. I can see how terraforming is going to be a HUGE pain as well as wheat / belief issues later on in this mobile version.

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Because we are all true gamers on TA, the App Store is full of kids and brainless people spending money on games like Candy Crush

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Never played one of these god type games. This is my first and I'm enjoying it. Its really beautiful

It seems like the devs didn't deliver what they promised though (assuming from what people are saying), thats a shame. Its still a good F2P builder IMO though.

I do wish the iPhone support was a bit better though.

20. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Easy. It's called put an in-game currency incentive to leave a favourable review, before you actually experience the paywalls and other offensive F2P mechanisms. It's only been out 1 day but a lot of downloads it seems.