Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    You guys realize what we must do, right? What was the point of Curiosity? It gave us a god. So that is who we must convince to change the game from freemium to premium. We must go to the guy who finished curiosity, and get him to rebalance the game.

2. Durango13

Durango13 Member

Feb 13, 2014
    When is the server maintenance supposed to be over?

3. Tuxedosteve

Tuxedosteve Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It's not maintenance. It's broken

4. Durango13

Durango13 Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Then when's it gonna like stop being broken

5. Yeah. I mean no, Peter Molyneux don't make games anymore.

6. Tuxedosteve

Tuxedosteve Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I asked on twitter and got ignored :(

7. Durango13

Durango13 Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Wow that's annoying that u got ignored

8. gonzoblair

gonzoblair Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Spent $25 in the game last night. Burned through the resources and powers that gave me in about 90 minutes. It did little to push my progress forward. And the cost rate for the terrain sculpting is just horrifying. It's like several dollars to remove a single mountain.

And that's the fatal problem here. You have this beautiful amazing game absolutely wrecked with timers and an incredibly greedy IAP system. I don't even mind freemium IF YOU GIVE ME MY MONEY'S WORTH. $25 should get me at least a few hours of entertainment.

This is a great game experience that has been absolutely crippled by the economic model they've strapped onto it. I want to keep playing, but I hate how greedy the game is.

Should I just bite the bullet and spend another $20 to get the Steam version and forget this nightmare?

9. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    They may be busy fixing the game. I hope so anyway! It may take a few hours or maybe even days to update it. It depends wether or not they can update it through the servers. You're right PM stopped making games lom ago. He probably sits in a conference room telling people what needs done. Then they go and do something else!

10. Durango13

Durango13 Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah get the steam version for sure

11. Durango13

Durango13 Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I hope so too and usually (in my experience) the server maintenance breaks last about a day to 2 days.

12. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Game isn't as bad as freemium goes Or at least from my experience so far. I have around 140 villagers so far and haven't had much issue with currency to terraform. I also haven't been going crazy and have mostly been working with the land than make drastic changes.

However, I haven't played the PC version and feel a bit lost. So far I'm just building endless and endless amounts of houses (adobe, huts, cabins). Am I missing something here? Was there an unlock I should have made to make something other than houses?

13. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I imagine it went something like this this morning:

- Good morning guys, what’s with the long faces? Are the reviews for Godus in yet?
    - Yes the reviews are in and well… they’re not.. They’re not good Peter.
    - How can that be? I gave them the god game to end all god games.
    - Well, people don’t really like all the timers and stickers…
    - I don’t get it. Don’t people like clicking on things these days?
    - People call Godus a moneygrab and they call you a liar and a scumbag Peter.
    - I don’t understand, That doesn’t sound very positive at all.
    - There are even people who say they feel “Molyneuxed”.
    - Ah, all is well then. I’ll be in my office, swimming in money and broken promises.

14. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    It's back! Let's see if they changed anything. For those who aren't British, the tune when picking up belief is"oh I do like to be beside the seaside."

15. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Seven 5* reviews (the only reviews) suddenly appeared on the UK app store for this. Looking at each reviewer's review history ... yes, this is the only game they have ever reviewed. And, unsurprisingly, all those reviews are written in a similar style.

As for the 1000+ 5* ratings, that must be because the game prompts for a rating about 5 minutes into the tutorial, before any sign of IAP appears, just when you're thinking that flattening land is the best thing ever...

As for me - played it, thought it looked pretty, hit a Belief pay-wall after accidentally dragging a whole load of land when I meant to just scroll the view window. Probably won't bother with it again.

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    +like

17. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I don't think app store updates work quite like that.

The server was probably groaning under the pressure of all the 5* ratings being given during the tutorial.

18. t0panka

t0panka Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    Looks like they fixed server issues (from what i read) BUT my game is now crashing at "authentication"

Is this happening to someone else?

19. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    To play thos game on iPad you pay with your cash. To play on PC you pay the doctor to cure the carpal tunnel syndrome you'll get from it.

20. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    **EDIT: the game now connected for me** Well short of the game not starting anymore because of the Authorizing issue (which I have a feeling is related to demand far out pacing their server infrastructure... they didn't expect as many clients connecting compared to PC), I am happy about the changes from the soft launch version.

The soft launch version had wheat resources tied to how many farms you had and it never grew. Now wheat has a count for total farms but each farm now generates wheat every interval so that the wheat resource is constantly being generated just like belief. That change alone has made a big improvement over how the game plays and feels.

The soft launch version also had settlements where when you create them it just assigned existing adobes and their people to the settlement for assignment to belief, buffers, and workers for regular settlements and belief, buffers, and farmers for farm settlements, and belief, buffers, and miners for miner settlements. I am very happy that they got rid of that entirely! Managing that was a chore unto itself. Now when you create a settlement it takes all the adobes in the are of influence and piles/combines them all into a big tall settlement in the middle of the settlement area (you can do this multiple times to make your settlement bigger too). You don't have to deal with what kind of people are generated by the settlements. For farming settlements they just generate farmers. Nice and easy.

There is now enemy (maybe enemy?) settlements now too which I don't yet know how they play a role in the game but looking forward to figuring that out.

This has changed my opinion about the game. I am happy about the changes.

With that said though I will just play it for free and wait for things. I will never buy IAP for the prices they are wanting. $1 for 12 wheat is just insane. $10 to destroy 1 mountain or just wait a day to generate it is also insane. They have really gone overboard with pricing on gems. If they reduced the IAP to about 1/10th to 1/20th of what is it now I would consider buying them every once in awhile. They would make a lot more money that way as they would get more people buying it. The prices now are way out of line. I feel sorry for those that get suckered into buying them right now thinking that $10 or even $25 wil get them far in the game... it will not.