iPad Godsrule - a true cross-platform MMORTS in development

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jonasantonsson, Jun 26, 2012.

1. jonasantonsson

jonasantonsson Active Member

Feb 18, 2009
    CEO
    Iceland
    Hi all,

I thought you would be interested to know about Godsrule, a true cross-platform MMORTS that will be playable as a native app on the ipad and as a browser based game online. This means that you can log in everywhere and play against everyone. Check out the video:

The setting is high fantasy with references to Nordic myths and sagas. Two factions are fighting over what is left of a broken world, where all the old Gods are dead.

Destructoid just posted a very positive preview that describes the gameplay in depth. Here is a quote from their article:

We are currently looking for players that want to be a part of our Closed Beta this fall (online version only, to begin with). Space is limited and beta players will be rewarded for their contribution (although we haven't decided on how).

You can sign up here: http://www.playgodsrule.com

2. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Not my type of game but best of luck to you. Also this topic would be better suited in the Upcoming Games forum.

3. jonasantonsson

jonasantonsson Active Member

Feb 18, 2009
    CEO
    Iceland
    Ah, thanks for pointing that out! I will repost there.

For core gamers the RTS part should be appealing. 2-4 players in every battle, real-time and fast paced.

4. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Is this coming to iphone also? would love that it would :D

5. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Love the art style. I have no Ipad though. I'll wait for the Browser version i guess.