Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. pals94

pals94 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    There isn't even a new event starting today after the old one. Without events this game is not exciting at all.

2. Alejandro_Gameloft

Alejandro_Gameloft Active Member

Sep 8, 2014
    #162 Alejandro_Gameloft, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    The next one is starting tomorrow!

Also, I just wanted to mention I've been reading the comments you've made over the last two weeks (as I've been on holidays, so I didn't really follow much of what you guys were discussing) and I'll make sure to pass the relevant feedback to the developers, in case there's something they may find interesting/helpful to make sure the experience you have with Gods of Rome is in line with their expectation :)

3. pals94

pals94 Member

Jul 13, 2012

That's awesome news. It's refreshing to see Gameloft getting involved with the community of its games. GoR is certainly one of the better titles, and competes with Asphalt8 on the time I spend on it.

Just hope that you fix the controls/lag issue that some people seem to have while executing moves.

4. Special Nectar

Jan 7, 2016
    Please, put the special nectar in the next event.
    Or at least explian how other player rank the heroes without this nectar

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Been a while since I've seen a GL rep pop into a thread, thank you for doing so. All I can say is, the game needs some major rebalancing in the campaign. And the drop rates for 3 and 4 star characters needs to be better than they are. It's discouraging to pull a 1 star character EVERY login, or save up (or for some, spend for) a lot of gems to get 1 to 2 star duplicate characters over and over again. Lag issues and how the AI can do whatever it wants in more difficult fights are the icing on the proverbial cake. Address all of this and I would consider future support of this game.

Sorry if my tone is negative, but I've not played a game that frustrated me this much in a good long while. I really was looking forward to enjoying and progressing in this game, but it's a major grind with little reward in it's current state, which is made worse for those of us who have spent money in support of the game.

- CHIEF

6. pals94

pals94 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    The game's been out less than a month, and these sorta games are usually made for long-term playing. You shouldn't be expecting to build a roster full of 4* and 3* so soon. You can play events and gather these over time. Plus completing the acts gives you guaranteed 3*.

I'm okay with drop rates. No point in saturating the game with 3* and 4* because then there would be nothing left to play for.

7. sinagurio

sinagurio New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    i just play this game yesterday. i didn't know and already sold hippolyta. now i can't complete 100% act1 chap2.
    anyone help me how to summon back or other way to complete that chap?

8. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I was supporting this game I really enjoyed and could NOT put it down for a week. Earned 3*s for constantly checking in, and pvping. Got lucky and earned a 4* through a money pull. Every single other pull has been 2* duplicates.

Needless to say, deleted. I would have gladly continued support if the game didn't tell me to go F myself everytime a paywall popped.

My lovely hero's that I want to rank and level. No happening without money and insane amounts of energy which GAMELOFT caps you from PLAYING.

I just don't get it.

If some one is PAYING more than a CONSOLE game shouldn't they be able to play without being limited to energy, large events / AI power gaps, insane nectar rng, and constant duplicates?

Meh. Mobile gaming at it's finest.

9. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    #169 doublezz, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    I also agree that the energy system in the game is unreasonable. It costs 8-9 bars to just make a single movement in ACT 3, I have over 60 energies while its full but I can't even complete a quest in one run. Gameloft needs to either reduce the requirement for energies or increase the recovery speed. 6 minutes for recovering just 1 energy is too hard. That means you have to wait 50 minutes in order to make a tiny movement. Is it insane?

I start wondering who designed this paywall in the game must be VERY greedy and enjoy people suffering.

10. Alejandro_Gameloft

Alejandro_Gameloft Active Member

Sep 8, 2014
    #170 Alejandro_Gameloft, Jan 8, 2016
    I'm afraid at this point I don't have much information to share about lag issues other than making sure people are playing on a stable connection. I've never experienced it myself through wifi, and barring server issues (which we don't have at the moment, fingers crossed) it shouldn't be happening.

Which one? :) There are several special class-only nectars

I'm afraid this is something where we'll probably have to agree to disagree. The campaign will reward you 3-star heroes at some points to make sure you can continue to advance through the story (provided you train and rank-up your heroes, of course). Lag issues are something that, no matter what we do, will never be completely gone. Sure, the developers will do as much as they can to make sure there's nothing from our end getting in the way, but, at the end of the day, as in any online game, hiccups in your connection or even in the communication with the servers, will happen.

Also, I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by AI "doing whatever it wants". Do you have any specific examples? :)

Yeah, this is really the most important thing to keep in mind. Building a strong roster takes time and the game is definitely meant to be played for a longer time than a couple weeks and to improve your team slowly on the way.

You can get hyppolyta back through the orbs (and Julius as well)!

If you had a 4* hero + several 3*s you already had an above-average team, easpecially for the early stages of the campaign, and you would probably have made your way, easily, to act 2. It would maybe require some grinding, but certainly not that much. Also, remember that duplicates do unlock secret skills, so it's actually not completely bad news if you get a duplicate. You can rank and level your heroes without spending anything, and energy restores itself over time, so, I'd hardly call it a paywall.

I do understand that it may be frustrating if you just want to continue playing at that particular point in time rather than waiting for the energy to come back, but you can also get Thunder in-game that will allow you to restore some energy.

Actually we don't enjoy people suffering, nor we enjoy people not having a good time with the game. And true, you probably can't complete the quest in one run, but as you've probably noticed, later quests aren't exactly short either, the amount of battles is higher, and therefore it shouldn't be too surprising that it'll take longer to complete (and require more energy).

11. Special Nectar

Jan 7, 2016
    Good morning Alejandro.
    I already explain about special nectar, that nectar is needed to rank up 4 stars character, as you can see bellow.
    This blue nectar, in his description, won in 3 vs 3 event, but that event never appear ( i play the game since 18th december).
    I play the mobile version, maybe the problem is only on mobile, because i fight other player with tank above (3200 points), and other with NERO character, and never see this character to won in orbs, only in history event, boss in chapter 2.

Attached Files:

12. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    #172 doublezz, Jan 8, 2016
    I figured that PVP doesn't give you real other players profile. No matter how good you are and how strong you fighters are, they always generate a stronger fighter in the flight then put some dude's name on top of that to crush you. They enemies are fake.

And same goes for the "lucky wheel". It is not a "wheel", It actuallly works same as open the chest and show what you got. The marquee is just an animation to fool you.

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Oh come on, I have to wait hours upon hours before being able to continue. The energy I have right now literally lasts 5 minutes worth of play. Why can't you guys rid the energy system? If I'm going to be paying id like to be able to play without having a false stop-or pay net that prevents me from playing.

I really have no idea why energy was introduced into the mobile market.

Honestly, I know people by iaps but does anyone ever honestly purchase "time" to play a game? I mean we are playing the game and supporting it hero wise and so forth. Does anyone ever give in and buy energy? I can't see it.

Would love for it to be gone.

14. RSA586

RSA586 Active Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Alejandro, it's nice to see GL representation in the community, it may seem small but it's reassuring that there is someone listening to the community.

I agree with many others that the energy system is a bit too restrictive at the moment. I understand why the devs wouldn't want to do away with it entirely, but a simple change like reducing the recharge time would go a very long way at appeasing some of the complaints here.

Additionally, I understand the concerns regarding over saturation of 3 and 4 star heroes, however the current drop rates in the RNG are extremely discouraging and will turn off many players like myself. I know that you can obtain some orbs with 100% drop rates for 3 star heroes from act completion, but by act 2, even with a team of 3 3-star heroes and multiple max level 2 star heroes, my team is extremely out-classed in the regular story missions. The level/difficulty curve jump from Act 1 to Act 2 is WAY too large in my opinion, if the fights progressed at a slower rate, I agree that the guaranteed orbs rewarded for completion would be sufficient but in its current state it feels discouraging.

15. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    Gameloft, if you don't want people finish the game and leave too soon, you should let people do something other than have nothing to do but wait.

The current energy system, increase of difficulty and chance of winning prize is discourage from playing and telling people "go away".

I have paid over $200 for the game and I am fine with that. But the thing is why the game still stop me from playing after paying over $200?

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I just got a 3 star off a 150 gem pull. Thats pretty sweet as I wasnt expecting that.

17. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    There is just one more evidence that this game cheats with fake rivals: I was playing PVP against this dude named [_T4N_], the name looks nothing out of ordinary. Alright, just look at the profile then:

What? He only finished ONE quest and has 3 fighters, all 4 stars! And has already leveled to rank 3! Is that fake or not now just tell me.

Attached Files:

18. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    this is gameloft.

all there games use fake opponents la..

19. RSA586

RSA586 Active Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Anyone else dealing with game breaking server/connection errors right now? Game is literally unplayable and the Medusa PvP challenges that were supposed to have at least 2 days left randomly disappeared and I got in game messages saying they've concluded. Wtf?

20. Ngo

Ngo New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Yep. The countdown resets by itself. It sucks when you are near the objective

The PVP lags like hell due to their servers or problem with their code