Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The lie detector results are in: you are a liar!

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #122 chief78, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    I placed 20th in the last 2 tournaments. The last one I had 55,000 points. I'm betting that won't cut top 20 this time though, more people playing and all.

EDIT: Sorry, 65,000 points. I had passed the 3rd reward tier that gave an epic sphere. Sadly, I had 3 epic spheres after the end of the tourney, and pulled a 2* Cyclops (3rd damn time I pulled him) and two 2* Athenas (making that the FOURTH time I had pulled a 2* of her).

3. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    #123 Winzzz, Dec 26, 2015
    wow how are you able to that ? what points are you now ? im at 20k do you think 30k enough to win the 3star cyclop ? i really need the guy since im stuck with one 4* and the rest is 2* and cant upgrade the 4* since the requirement is too hard

4. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #124 chief78, Dec 26, 2015
    Hard to say. There's no leaderboard so I'm just going for as many points as I possibly can. I would think cracking top 100 would take at least 50,000 points though....maybe slightly less. I'd say go for the 53,000 (or so) needed to break into that reward tier, since u get gems and an epic sphere. I'm hoarding gems ATM until some balancing is done via an update. Soooo tired of pulling 2* duplicates. I will say, 3* Cyclops has been less than stellar. It seems the only matches he pulls a stun are on ones that don't mean anything. Of course the AI has some stupid high % that it pulls a stun from him when I'm up against him (which is worthless, becuz it's not like we acrue points from the AI playing 3 v 3 for us). Good to have if u need a monster class or just another 3* to work on, but I don't even use him in rotation for missions unless the requirement is to pass thru a checkpoint with a monster class character.

EDIT: To answer ur other Q, I'm at 67k with 1 day 12 hrs left to go.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #125 Montanx, Dec 26, 2015
    Because the same people who spend 200 or 1k :)O) on a mobile game are also closely related to people who scoff at a game being 5 bucks and say it's too expensive.

I weep because games have transcended p2w into "pay hundreds and hundreds but still maybe not win.". I can always get a sense of how much a game is trying to get me to pay. When a game Danes carrots in front of me that pressure me into spending 5-10 bucks, ok I can respect that. But then there's this wave of games where the carrot is hundreds upon thousands of dollars. That's just not realistic and turns me off.

Let me make it clear that this is a rant more aimed at certain companies and games in general. I haven't even downloaded this game.

6. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Don't bother. They make the first few chapters so easy that they set you up for failure. I know that's what happened to a lot of people. They played the first few chapters, rated it well on the app store, spent a few bucks (or hundreds, thousands....whatever it was), and then got kicked in the nuts repeatedly when the AI started cheating and progression became this stressful and unsatisfying experience. But once committed, the rule stands that most people are going to try to get their money's worth. I only spent $3 for the monthly gem deal, and I still feel ripped off and that the game owes me.

The 2nd half of Act 1 becomes frustrating. I'm on Act 2 chapter 2 (keep in mind, 6 missions for each chapter and 4 chapters per act), and I'm facing a minimum of 3* characters around level 500, but up to level 700.......thus far, playing religiously, I've accumulated only four 3* characters, all the rest of the heroes sans 2, are 2* and including several duplicates, and I am BARELY getting by. I have two 3* characters stuck at their level because the resource used to rank them up (and thus allowing you to keep leveling them up) come around ONCE a week. 2 other days in the week it's a random event at a chance, really low chance, to get the "nectar" you need. Even more sad, the tier 2 version of nectar has a 2ndary path with characters in the 1200s....to put that into perspective, you'd have to obtain and rank up a 3* to max rank 2, or into rank 3, or have a ranked up 4* character (which is just a f'ing fabled myth at this point.....the Dallas Cowboys have a better chance to win the superbowl this year than u getting a 4* character), to even be able to play that path. So, instead, you get one play through on the easier path that has guys at or slightly below ur level, making it still difficult. And then there's no guarantee you get the nectar anyway. And on subsequent playthroughs of the same event period, there's almost ZERO chance to get the nectar again. So we're talking, realistically for most folks,, four damn weeks of grinding to get ONE 3* hero to where you can get to possibly chapter 3, more likely end of chapter 2, on the 2nd act.

With the pathetic drop rates, no one gets anything worthwhile or they get a 3* character that they could care less about (I have 3 of those), and then all that effort becomes a moment where you'll write Gameloft off, or write them really pissed off about how much you hate their game (I was constructive in my e-mail to them, but also let them know I wasn't a happy paying customer either....doesn't matter how much or little I paid, it's the principal). So yeah, if you still have an inkling to try this game, put an insurance plan on your phone and up your renters or house insurance for that wall that's gonna take a heavy blow from ur ninja-chucked phone that will inevitably hit it. Over and out ;)

7. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Is it only me or is it normal to lose control of characters in PVP fights on a winning streak? It's only in PVP and seems like the game doesn't want to let me win the fight...

8. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Gotta say: thanks for the rant ;)

I was not really playing it, it planed to get into it at some point. Well not anymore. Even though it think it still is a quality total, the f2p ruins it once more. :(

9. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Same here. I find myself couples of times the fighter keep defending and refuse to attack. It is quite annoying.

10. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    I wish they would fix this, it's so annoying! Sometimes my character keeps trying to do the charge attack and gets bashed even though the fight could have been easily won...

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    It's server lag. I experience it every now and then as well. If u can play on wifi, definitely do so.

12. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    I'm always on wifi. I thought I am fighting the AI as well in PVP, would server lag affect it?
    Also, it only starts after winning 3 fights in a row or so...

13. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    why they repeat the same prize again ? its another cyclops event.

14. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    How can I find out my ranking in the last event?

15. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    #135 Winzzz, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    i got my prize from mail and they mention my rank in there.they notify you when the event ends.

@chief78 i quite like this cyclop and he has synergy with my 4* spartacus.now i just need to rank him up maybe i could take the tier 3 nectar when hes maxed out

16. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    What's your score? I got over 80000 points last time but I haven't received any prize in the mail...

17. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    about 60k if im not wrong.rank 150ish

18. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Yep, it's AI we fight in any PvP match. Every time the multiplier increases, the difficulty, or more accurately, the AI cheating factor, increases. By x4 you're outranked by your opponent and the AI starts doing some cheap stuff. By x5, I back off and use my crap players and force a loss to start the multiplier over again.

19. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I forgot his synergy with Spartacus. Spartacus is my main 3* that I use (although been stuck for 5 days at max rank 1 waiting for the stupid event so I can get the tier 2 nectar). I guess I found that Cyclops was always a pain to fight against because the AI can magically pull stuns at higher rates, but I maybe see one stun a match, and that's pulling the level 1 special several times. Glad to hear he's working for u though!

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I saved up 750 gems to do a 5-pull on the Talos sphere pool......FIVE F'ING 2* DUPLICATES!!!!! I'm writing this game. DONE