Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. nejizofa

nejizofa Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Love the art work of this game. Big fan!

Will have to download it once I get some more space!

2. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    #102 doublezz, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Gameloft definitely cheated on the prize draw. You may see constantly some great stuff in the list while the rolling start, but when you pull the trigger either you find the tap doesn't work at that point or you receive some garbage.

I have received 15 prize of PVP where I want to get a single fighter, but they all ended up with coins. That means the chance is even less that 7% (I tried tap at different time), but if you check the wheel you may see the chance to get a fighter is at least 50%.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I've held off commenting on this, but yeah, the spinning prize wheel is basically smoke and mirrors. I've had it where the wheel should have stopped on a character but kept going until it stopped on Ichor 1 or coins. I can tell because right after the good item it was supposed to stop on moves to the right, everything else (the last one it passes, where it stops, and the one to the left that you can faintly make out) all become the same item (as if the game is trying to ensure it doesn't slip up and accidentally give out a good prize). This has happened on all wheels, so not just limited to the PvP wheel. Strangely, just tapping the open cyrstal seems to guarantee the crappiest rewards (coins or ichor 1) as opposed to at least getting slightly better items from actually "spinning the wheel." To be fair, this is no different than most other games.

4. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Then you'll be extemely pleased at their new $20 start-up IAP....for a very limited time only, so be sure to spend that money! ;)

5. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    The game is rigged as ####.

Some pvp battles are imposiblle if the game decides that you should lose.

6. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Once you reach a 4 to 5 win streak, you will lose. 4x u can sometimes pull out but at 5x streak, just put ur lowest, crappiest fighter in and kiss that one goodbye. Not only do u get a better fighter (higher rank# and usually a star better than yours), the AI does impossible things, like attacking even if you're dash attacking and about to connect or in the middle of a combo. The best is when the enemy has 2-3 special bars filled and it somehow is able to spam the 1st special until all bars are depleted. I thought at first maybe a human player could do this, but nope, not a possibility. Just as much, if you're frantically tapping your special and the AI is also about to pull a special, you will lose 100% of the time.

7. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    So far, I've not been able to get Minetaur, Medusa, Darius, Vulcan, nor Hades (but is exclusive to IAP right now). Minetaur, at least in quest mode, is one OP character. All his specials are brutal and he is a tank. I always have troible with him. I've seen others with Medusa, Hades, and Vulcan, but not Darius either. I haven't seen Darius in the character temple spins either, so I'm wondering if he'll be the next exclusive. I really want Minetaur and Vulcan though....Medusa, not so much, and Darius is a maybe.

8. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    guess im pretty luicky i got 4 star spartacus after opening the cyclop pack.whats nectar for ? just playing this game for a couple hours

9. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    #109 doublezz, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    This game is a joke

ok I have completed ACT 1 with 100% finish, and I have four 3 star fighters after spending roughly 200 dollars buying gems and go gambling for "increased chance sphere".

I say this game is a joke. Why? It is because even if you spent $200 you still won't progress much. I was thinking about stick with 2 star fighters to complete ACT 1 with 100% to get a 3 star fighter, but that is a failure. It is almost impossible to complete that without 3 star fighter's help.

Now after spending $200 I have four 3 star fighters, that sounds incredible, right? But no. I still have difficult in progressing ACT2 as all the enemies are upgraded to 3 or 4 stars already. Once a fearless 3 star fighter now becomes nothing more than a minion among the enemies.

Yes you do have option to upgrade your fighter and my 3 star fighters are currently ranked as 2. I wanna keep ranking them up but the reality of rank up is way too difficult: you need hero material to rank up 3 star fighters which is available in special event, and for medium (tier 2) hero nectar you have to fight enemy with power level over 1200, for obtaining tier 3 nectar the enemy is around freaky 2000 power. Remember even at rank 2, a 3 star fighter is only powered around 700, it start becoming a suicide mission. And Gameloft asks you to complete the event with 100% in a limited time to get nectar at the most time. Not to mention the hero nectar has its own type, you have to attend the right event to obtain the right nectar to upgrade your right fighter. The waiting period for a new special event is usually 24 hours so if you don't have that type of hero, you have to wait for at least a day.

As you see, this game really asks more than reasonable to progress further. My 3 star fighter team is stuck at ACT2 due to lack of power, and the only way out is to rank up but I hit the wall of hero nectar, and the path to obtain hero nectar is blocked by unreasonable time limit, requirement of luck and over powered enemies.

At the end, progress the game itself requires energy bar, that is another ridiculous rule: for obtaining a single energy bar you have to wait 6 minutes, each step in the fight requires multiple energy bars, sometimes even asks 9 bars. Think about progress the special event you may fight 6 enemies (one way), and in average each step costs 5 bars, that means you need 30 bars, that is 180 minutes, literally 3 hours. And if you need to complete the event as 100% to win the hero nectar, you may need to fight the other 6 fighters in the other way that comes up as another 3 hours. As a result you spent 6 hours a day without progressing story line even a single step in order to obtain just 1 nectar to rank up your ONE fighter, and each rank up for a 3 star fighter requires 3 nectar to move to rank 2, 6 nectar to rank to 3. That's not finish yet! The nectar drop is NOT guaranteed except the first time you complete the event! So that's why I am saying the game is a joke.

What? You wanna complain how Gameloft cheats in the Sphere draw? That will open another 2000 words report and I have no time for that.

Here is my states for reference: I can't call myself as a top player but my maximum PVP victory streak is 7 and winning rate is 80%. Currently at level 21.

Thanks all.

10. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I agree, game is shit. Changed my rating to 1 star.

This is the last game i downloaded from gameloft.

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I as well got a few 3-star characters, all the rest being 2 star except for three 1 stars. I only did the monthly gem pack but 20 a day is total $#!+ This game has a HUGE grind factor. Sorry to hear spending the money did absolutely nothing. Those 4 and 5 star characters are super-elusive. There's so much about this game that needs to be tweaked it's ridiculous. I also cannot progress too far into chapter 2. I'm having to do nectar runs just to scrape ichor that'll barely level up any of my characters. Rank 3 characters take stupid amounts. Three star characters quickly become a grind too. I have two of them ready to rank up, but I'll have to wait until the nectar event comes back around for those classes. Oh, and tier 2 nectar runs have enemies up to 1200 rating!!!!.....?!?!? This game is basically Gameloft giving it's players the middle finger. I'm gonna keep grinding as the game hasn't worn on me too bad yet, but that day is fast approaching. And they're customer support pissed me off last night with a canned response 2 days after I e-mailed them, so I layed into them a bit about taking their issues more seriously than just spewing canned answers back at their customers.

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    $200??? This game just came out, lol. I'm sorry you wasted your money, but this game is going the exact same path as contest of champions. If you look at the forum thread, it's filled with the same complaints.

13. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    theres 5 star char ? i thought 4 star is max.

14. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    There are 5-star. I can't remember which prize wheel it is (maybe the PvP sphere) but there is a 5-star Gelan (if I'm remembering him correctly.....the son of Poseidon) that cycles by. What's interesting is that the epic, daily, and the 2 limited time spheres only contain up to 4-star.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Seeing a post that says "I dont like this game...I spent $200 on it." Makes me weep for the sad state and potential future of mobile gaming. It really just makes me weep in general.

16. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    hm i spent $1k on this game.

bored.

move on. this game nothing to do la..

17. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    #117 doublezz, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    You miss the point that the game is almost impossible to progress after act 1. $200 is just one of the source of support for my statement. I have numbers of source such as rank up requirement, energy bar, prize draw, fighting skills, etc. don't just look at money and ignore the rest.

18. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I change my mind. The game gets extremely expensive after act 1. Insane difficulty spikes requires hundreds of dollars to maintain maxed three stars or 4* characters.

Level 20. I see the whales coming in hard. Pvp teams filled with insane gods. I had high hopes for this game but it appears the devs really want people to pay massive amounts of money.

Darnit gameloft.

Can't you just make an incredibly fun game first and than put your price mechanic in afterwords? Instead of building the game around the entire concept of " how to bleed people dry "

I'm sick of it. I'm in love with the game combat and art wise. The gods really get me.

But this entire thing is messed up. Difficulty spikes, cool I get it. You need money to support the development and updates for the game. But even if we WANT to throw down money. 5 bucks a pull for 95% of the time 2* hereos is redic.

These games cannot be played normally. They want their games to be played casually? 3-5 min a day. I assume.

Because playing the game solely can't be done. Want to compete in events? To bad. Want to progress past act 1? To bad.

And hey it's not like we can throw down a normal amount of money for a premo experience. Because 100$ might get us 2*s and a bunch of duplicates.

I'm done.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Why? It makes me think this game is crap, but it certainly does not affect my opinion on the dozen or so great games I've picked up in the last two weeks.

Gameloft is not and has never been "mobile gaming."

20. Winzzz

Winzzz Member

Jul 8, 2014
    how many points do you need to win the 3star cyclops from pvp you guys think ? has anyone won the prize before ?