Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I can't believe they don't have a continual white nectar battle available. I'm seeing so many players in PvP whose characters have the little green up arrow (indicating their character is ready to be ranked up).....Gameloft is going to probably take some heat for that. It's just strange they would lock that out of any way to get them.....I get trying to make people buy the gem IAPs to get more characters, but this is a bit shiesty.

2. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Agreed, this is seriously dumb. The white nectar is a resource required by all characters, it should somehow be available. I don't know how it works in other games as this is my first card battler, but I hope they'll fix this.

Also, some peeps mentioned bugs in previous posts, such as inputs not registering, getting stuck etc. I'm getting these as well. Seems like there's also some input delay and lag.

3. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Yep. The worst for me though, is I already am dealing with the Gamecenter bug, and I can't link my FB account to get the goodies per registering for their newsletter without it. The 2 characters I could really care less about, but the energy and orbs would be greatly appreciated at the moment. I've tried a soft reboot, a hard reboot, and even logging in to FB and then opening the game and trying to access it to connect the account, but nothing will turn the little red indicator green (I'm assuming it goes green on the Facebook icon to confirm the account is sync'd). I just can't delete and reinstall since I got the monthly gem deal....

4. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    How do you register for the newsletter, my fb and gc are connected but i didnt get anything

5. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I've never had the Game Center bug, seems like it only affects certain users, it sucks though. I was able to link my FB account for the goodies and received everything in my in-game mailbox (you have to claim them manually). I then unlinked my FB account and went back to Game Center only, since I prefer it that way. And yes, the indicator should turn green once the sync is made. Deleting the game sounds risky since you can't sync via Game Center, you should contact Gameloft support...

6. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I surely did ;) I don't think they'll respond anytime soon. I bet there's a ton of people with the same issue.

7. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    From the main screen, the top box on the right that rotates has one for sharing on Facebook. It takes you to their page, login, and then fill out the form to subscribe to their newsletter and share it on your page. It sounds like I'll get the rewards if I can ever get FB to sync in-game.

8. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Regarding the Nectar special events, this is straight out of their Q & A: "Nectar can be found in Special Events: Tap on Play, then on Special Event to access it. Every day, the game promotes an event to win generic Nectar, and an event to win Specific-Class Nectar. Check the top rewards to see what can be won. And on Sundays, you can win Nectar for any class, so come and play!"...........so they screwed up...apparently

9. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Is blocking almost completely useless in this game? Every single time I press the left side of the screen and hold I'll always take the first 3 or 4 swings in a flurry and if I'm lucky I'll block the last attack.

It's as if it has a hard time registering my blocking?

Anyone else have issue blocking?

10. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Youre timing is bad.

Blocking is very usefull

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Blocking can be done, but what I've noticed is that if you finish a combo with a heavy (swipe attack), you'll be left open to counter attack. If you end with a light (just a tap), you'll have a chance at blocking from the first counter attack on. But, if your character is a tank like Atlas or Zeus (any of the big guys really), this seems to be completely nullified. If you have a fast character like Athena, you should be able to block within the first or 2nd attack, and even a possibility to back dash (which in and of itself seems iffy at best) before their forst attack. Now, PvP is a whole different beast, and it's riddled with what seems to be connection lag that causes inputs to be missed altogether. Also, against tougher opponents in the story mode, I've noticed guys getting attacks off even though I'm tapping my special, they can pull their special ahead of me. So that sums up what I'm seeing so far. Some of it feels like the game is cheating, some of it is definitely lag, and some of it is figuring out what attacks and combos allow for the ability to block afterwards. I hope that helps.

12. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Almost anytime I press the left side of the screen it hardly blocks. I have the 6s plus wonder if it's force touch.

13. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    THIS! Seems to be what I go through... Ok it's not just me.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I wish I had the 6s plus!

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    There's some definite "Tom Foolery" with the AI. I've had the opponent spam me 3 times in a row with a special, literally one after the other. That shouldn't be possible, because as far as I know, when a player taps for their special, it only triggers the one based on how many bars are filled. So if I have 3 bars, it'll trigger the 3rd special and deplete all bars. As opposed to the AI, who I've noted can do a lvl 1 special one after the other (hence the spam). I'm also getting a little weary of the AI being able to attack through my dash attacks or dash dodges and still connect, because if I do the same exact thing, I get hit or the AI can dodge. I think I'll set up a Gameloft ID so I can start a thread on the forums for some serious issues that need to be addressed in regards to how the AI plays. Letting the AI cheat is not cool, and that's exactly what this seems coded to do. And there are definitely instances (back to your point) where I block at the same instance the AI would have, but for me it doesn't work whereas the AI gets the block. Same exact character, favor to the AI.

And lastly, they have GOT to make nectar easier to get. There was a "free for all" event today. All I needed was one lousy tier 1 god nectar and instead I got a tier 1 basic (white) nectar.....why have an even that includes the regular nectar when there's already an event to get those exclusively? It just muddies up the event pool prizes and pisses people off. There is a huge favor in general to a huge grind wall. I have 14 characters and 5 two star characters that are stuck at max rank because I need their spcial class nectar. Oh well.....I suppose (as is very typical of Gameloft games) they need to set the whale traps....harpoons at the ready!

16. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I just had the defining Gameloft experience. Playing PvP, with little time left in the PvP tournament and only having some middle-of-the-way heroes available (others are 1:30 hrs from rested and it's after 1 a.m.), went for a needed 3 win with a 4x multiplier......nope! F'ing AI spammed me....went through dash attacks, cancelled out my special (which the animation had already begun) so the AI could do theirs, and only won 2/3 matches......stuck at 32,815 when I needed 33,500......I sent them a nasty-mail about how the PvP controls are horrid (and it's not my connection because I was looking at the speeds as I was playing) most likely due to their half-assed servers, and that the code was obviously rigged to allow the AI to cheat to hinder advancement of players. This game has pissed me the F off.

17. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I find the coins are pretty useless so what's the point of getting coins in the prize.....

18. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    They're used towards the cost of upgrading (on top of Ichor and Nectar required). I agree, it seems pretty useless.....just one more currency thrown in to muddy up prize rewards, is all.

19. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    It's such an awesome game (to me) free player, even won a 3* off the tournament event. Although I came in 345 ish place. That'll change REAL soon once whales come in.

I like it but 5$ for ONE pull? I've gotten maybe 6-7 pulls so far off epic orbs and all have been 2*s. Got lucky and pulled a 4* last night but everything else is 2* and difficulty spikes quick. Like events.

Just hit level 17 though so I can take 4 members with me on quests.

20. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    You are very lucky.

I got almost every heroes on 2*( only missing medusa and hades) and still dont have a single 3* or 4*

last event i was #529 and missed the 3* for only 29 places.