Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I don't use Facebook, please tell me it backs up data using Game Center as well?

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes if it actually works though.

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Grrrr GC. So many games I can't sync with my second device! So frustrating!!

But loving this game at the moment despite being forces to only use my phone for....

Question re: strategy to anyone and everyone.
    Better to focus upgrading one character to max or all at same time?
    And if multiples at a time, I take it that it's better to upgrade characters from different classes/color group rather than from the same group right?
    Problem is I already had one in orange group maxed (level 1) and upgraded to 2 but now got a duplicate charavter from same group and he's golden so now I've upgraded him to max level 1...probably a waste of my resources and gold but I couldn't help myself... :)

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I have like 5 games that wont even start because of GC. Including Need for Speed.

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #65 ramzarules, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    yeap! I've linked more games to facebook now than ever before, good thing i made a dedicated gaming fb profile...
    Also, the games that don't start on my air2 because of GC, start normally on my iphone... both same ios etc, strange..

Edit: indeed this seems to be the best out of its genre, but hopefully we will see the fighter roster grow - Greek myhtology has a myriad characters you could pit against each other, i should know ;) - even if you mixed some names. ie. put Artemis, the godess of the hunt and most epic archer

6. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I focus only on 1 char, got a strongly athena.

I dont want to spend my resources on other 2* chars, after you complete act 1 you get a random 3* char

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Can you complete it though or is it difficult?

8. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I am focusing on 4 primary cards right now, but I also level up my other cards whenever I can for the 3 on 3 PvP mode. I'm almost at the 2nd tier of rewards (11,000 pts).

Got a lucky 3* Zeus pull at the beginning of the game, but it's hard to rank him up because you need special colored nectar.

I also sold my 1* cards, which I shouldn't have because I need one of them to 100% one of the campaign missions. Hopefully I'll get that card again from a pull...

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I love how this game used mostly the Greek names for "Roman" gods Lol

10. nhojuhc

nhojuhc Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Yep thought I was the only one who noticed this inanity.

11. Derrythe

Derrythe Active Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Is anyone else having problems with controls getting stuck? It happens to me mostly during PvP. My character will get stuck holding a power attack, or perpetually blocking for a few seconds at a time. I'm fine with losing matches due to my own ineptitude, but not when my character won't do anything. Playing on an iPad mini 4.

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Yes. Happened to me a few times.

Are the servers down now? It just spins and spins... Can't play any matches...

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah, their servers must be bogged down. I'm betting a review popped up somewhere and now everyone has downloaded and started playing. I'm having the input issues intermittently and, strangely, when I go to open orbs the game just hangs to where I can't open the orbs. Things will prob slow down later once everyone runs out of energy and have to wait to play again.

14. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone confirm if the cloud save system actually works with Game Center?

15. Den Den

Jun 11, 2014
    It works for me, playing on both an iPhone and iPad. (I didn't log in to facebook, I only use game center).

16. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    If I have a 1 and 2 star version of the same character, can they be combined? I haven't figured out a way to, but wasn't sure if maybe I'm missing something.

17. Den Den

Jun 11, 2014
    No, afaik they need to be the same version (same star rating) to be combined, which in turn unlocks a secret skill.

I have a 3 star and a 2 star Zeus and they can't be combined, I also pulled many 2* clones of cards I already had, and they combined automatically.

18. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I just pulled my 3rd 2* character Spartacus. Sigh.
    Upgraded his secret skill level to level 2. Added .02 to his skill...bleh
    I have yet to pull a 3*...

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I am going for the 3 star after the first act. Thats how most of us will get it I am guessing.

20. Den Den

Jun 11, 2014
    Guess I got lucky with my first pull at the beginning of the game, which was a 3* Zeus :) It allowed me to roflstomp everything (at 100%) up until chapter 4.
    I can't rank him up though, it's a real pain. 3* chars require multiple tier 2 white nectars (along with multiple of their color specific nectar). I tried farming today's event (easy), which has multiple paths. I tried the easier path, got some colored nectars but no tier 2 white nectars :/ After multiple tries on the easier path, the game seems to stop dropping nectars.