Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Is it just me, or does Athena resemble Jackie Kennedy/Janice Dickerson? Lol.

I actually like the game so far to my surprise. How is Hades??

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Same here!

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm really liking this game surprisingly.
    I'm debating spending the $5 for Hades but wonder if might be a better investment for monthly gems for next 2 months...
    I'm assuming Hades can be obtained in normal pull which I would get every 5 days with my monthly pass...

Also I'm assuming can't change name as it would be correlated to your GC id (broken) and FB login not working...
    Would likw at least fb login to work to change name and also hopefully sync to other device...

4. Alejandro_Gameloft

Alejandro_Gameloft Active Member

Sep 8, 2014
    For what is worth, Hades is going to remain a Starter Bundle character, at least for the coming weeks. It's a really interesting option, especially if you don't have any god characters in your roster yet.

5. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Liking it so far. Played for a handful of hours. Definitly running into an energy wall, but I am a casual gamer so I dont mind.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I bought both and yes I hate seeing my name as 1234 whatever since GC is broke.

7. HallmarkCard

Mar 21, 2015
    Do the fighters health replenish over time, or is buying or grinding small health potione necessary?

The biggest annoyance for me, is the fighters needing to heal.

8. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Yes they do after you finish the map,
    If you need to heal them that means you are to weak for that map you are playing, try to upgrade them

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, downloaded this morning and have been playing as frequently as I can. This plays just like Marvel Contest of Champions, which to me is a good thing, as I like that setup better than Injustice/MKX/WWE. I don't think I'll grab the Hades pack though. You need multiples of cards to rank a character up and that would mean buying that pack twice, since he's exclusive to the pack. Plus I got lucky and picked up two Athena 2* characters when spending gems, which allowed me to get her to Rank 2, plus I'm digging Atlas and the Celtic dude (not gonna even attempt spelling that one Lol). PvP is pretty cool, since those keys go towards a special orb, but the 2 hr timer in between battles per character used is just....damn that's a long wait. At least leveling up increases the energy pool....they did that right for a change (now if they'll just add the full energy on top of what you already have when leveling up). I wasn't expecting too much, but I'm digging the Roman Gods theme as well. This is a keeper!

10. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Gameloft hasn't had a top grossing title in forever.

They have no chance against Marvel: Contest of Champions. Much weaker IP, little-to-no game play improvements, why would anyone bother?

I would love to see Capcom/SNK make a fighter with modern freemium systems. A freemium card battler based on KOF-98 hit top 10 grossing in China and held it for the past a few months. These IP's are much stronger than what most think in 2015.

https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/quan-huang98zhong-ji-zhi-zhanol/

A proper freemium title should do great, buy characters, upgrade moves, etc. What makes freemium addictive the sense of progression and collection building.

11. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    You dont need mutliple cards to rank up.

Duplicate card just unlocks a secret skill.

My 2* athena is almost rank 3/3, just need a few more lvls

12. HallmarkCard

Mar 21, 2015
    I'm so glad to know this, since I did buy the Hades pack lol.

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Ah ok....good to know :) Her secret skill is good.....I was hoping for more dmg output but it works.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone manage a 3 star class yet?

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #55 TotallyImba, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    This game looks way better/faster than the other similar games available like WWE Immortals. The golden questions for me is does this game sync progress between devices?

16. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    By far the best game in this sub-genre , I am hugely surprised . Very enjoyable game , the fast gameplay elevates it on a different level compared to warner's games . Way more strategic , well for a fighter of this kind, too .

17. Alejandro_Gameloft

Alejandro_Gameloft Active Member

Sep 8, 2014
    I haven't yet! If you get unlucky with orbs, you'll get 3-star fighters at certain points of the story! :)

18. vinotauro

vinotauro Active Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I can confirm cross platform play between ios and Android. I believe this is a game loft first!

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats pretty cool!

20. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    How did you manage that? I can't log in to FB to even have cross ios device play...

Come on Gameloft, fix that FB function (and yes I sent then an email through customer support but no response to date)