Universal Gods Of Rome (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #21 bigrand1, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
    Meh..... I'm just not impressed! This is all we get from Gameloft this year for Christmas?! Whatever...... Pass............:confused:

2. BobbyBuckets

BobbyBuckets Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    680 mb?!???!!

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    It's exactly what you would expect

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I can already see that it might have a hard time to compete against the other Fighting Games from Kabam or Warner Bros as soon as Gameloft stop supporting it for even a single month with new Content like new Fighters or Story Parts.

Still it will be interesting to see how and in what way Gameloft will try to convince those that have played so far the other Fighting Games on the AppStore to not only give the Game a try but too invest their Money/Time and stick to it and not switch after some time over.

I have faith in Gameloft that they will handle it well since they already showed us 2014/2015 that they just don`t release nowadays a Game and then move to the next one but instead release Update after Update for their recent Games and that way provide new Content for their older and newer Games too.

5. vinotauro

vinotauro Active Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I actually like the aesthetic and the monthly gem package it offers (simila to Future Fight). Aside from that it plays exactly like contest of champions

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Great to hear that!

7. vinotauro

vinotauro Active Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Only other downside is likely the lack of cross platform syncing between devices :(

I'm an iPad and Samsung note 4 owner

8. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Meh another CoC clone...

Jheeze when are we ever going to get some new 'proper' 2.5D fighters that arent tap tap swipe?.

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Rather surprising to see people buy gems to play this game. I take off my hat to you.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #30 Montanx, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    I think that dies with SF4Volt. They just arent as profitable. Sad too since between device power and mifi controllers its perfectly reasonable to have a real fighting game. Ill bet you anything they could port over and fit MKX or USF4 directly to ios with maybe a few compromises.

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    It's hard to play such game on a phone.. And seriously when I see someone on the train playing this I often laugh at their frantic antics.. Kinda like a fool lol.. No offense

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I mentioned wifi controllers already, they make it just as easy to play as a console if its done right.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you change your name?

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Did you play the game before you dropped that one star review?

15. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I did, and the rating is so low because of many flaws and personal reasons.
    Just my opinion- I always play the games before I rate them

16. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    It's just tough love, I want to see gameloft make better games just like in the old days.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Been playing this most of the night man! Its pretty good imo I did spend some money but I only have 2 two star characters so thats a bit disappointing but we shall see how far I get.

18. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    #38 nkarafo, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    You are correct. It should be "Gods of Greece" and not Rome !! These gods / characters are coming from the Greek mythology and are not Roman. Acropolis where Parthenon is, is at Athens - Greece and Mount Olympus is at Greece as well. Zeus, Hades, Atlas, Medusa are from greek mythology. And "Vulcan" has been transfered to Roman after the Greek god Hephaestus which was initially the god of fire, etc. He was one of the sons of Zeus and Hera. ..Oh well..

Spartacus on the other hand, in ancient Greek history (not mythology) has fought against Romans !!!

It seems that the developers do not know very well about the geography, locations and mythology or Greek history.

19. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Im having fun

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I enjoy this more than any other mobile fighting game. The gods / characters are boss! The UI and single player is really clean and intuitive.

It's a pretty well made polished fighting game and it appears to have some nice strategy compared to other similar fighting games. I bought hades to support the game. Was like 5$

Figured I'd get some nice playtime out of this so what the heck.