Universal Gods of Olympus - Build and Battle Game for iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Owly, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    i played on iPad before it was logged into gamecentre , but when i change to iphone , the account didnt sync to my phone

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah I know it's currently more of a feature like 'I help you, and you help me'. But I guess people will stop helping eventually, because it's more of a cool feature and it's not helping your progression. I still hope you add a reward so that all people will use it, and not only the people who loves to help others.

3. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    I dont mind the upgrading time or something like that, but the "no lose resource when atked" feature is what make me try this game. My gf likes this game too. She used to like Dominations alot but we had to quit due to being atked continuously thus keep losing resource and couldnt do a thing in that game.

Hope u guys could upgrade the graphic quality in this game and have more building with vary functions :D

4. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Co-founder of Orb Interactive LLC
    Houston
    Stevencarla, I just spoke to our network guru and he said this, "We're working on an issue with multi-device support via Game Center and will have it resolved very soon!"

fabianb, the game will evolve over time and we are open to all suggestions and feedback under consideration. We have taken note of this in particular.

RyanSkotw, we are a small indie studio and we are focused on only this game. We are not moving onto any other projects, just this. I say that to assure you that this game is a living project for us. We are continuing development and you can expect more content in the next few months; buildings, gods, game modes.. etc. This is just the beginning.

And I'm also proud to announce we are holding at 4.5 stars with over a thousand reviews on the appstore!

5. 9lives1968

9lives1968 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I downloaded the game and have reached lvl 5. Had fun with it so far. Much better than coc which I played and deleted after not liking the raid system on it. Will post more after playing some more on it

6. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Good job :) Great game. Easily deserved

7. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    9lives1968, 'Much better than coc'... do you mind telling all of your friends that:p. We are surprised to be getting this kind of response from alot of people. You can read similar responses on the reviews in the appstore. I strongly recomend that you join an alliance asap and do some battle assisting. Its great fun and gives you a good idea of how epic the game gets. Cities get huge and the armies are enormous. There is a ton of activity right now.

8. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    *wave* U guys already got 2 5* reviews from me and my gf on the appstore lol

Btw I noticed that I dont have anyone atked me in the last 30 hours. Is this a known bug?

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    What alliance should I join to see u guys

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Jup same :) Level 23 and I've not been attacked yet :p. But I already posted about this in your official forums.

11. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Dev, can you make it possible to refund/change gods? I have Aprodite, Apollo and Artemis (and zeus as default). But I find them as a team pretty weak and I regret my choices. Aprodite does have a cool ability to transform a building, but her basic fightig skills are very weak. Aprodite is the sams story. Only apollo does nice damage. But because they are all low health/weak, I lose 70% of my battles. And I only win them if I get help from allies.

That is actually a second issue. I upgraded my gods as far as I can, but the defense became so strong that I just cannot beat it without allies. I am level 24.

12. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    RyanSkotw, with the massive in influx of new players, we've had to rework the matchmaking. It'll all be fixed up in the next day or so.

RinoaHeartily, I'm in the Texans, but its super full. The other devs are jumping around from alliance to alliance to make sure all is okay. But yeah, would be nice to see where everyone here is.

13. [Aegis] Jay

[Aegis] Jay New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    #33 [Aegis] Jay, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Hey all! I'm Jay, one of the developers on Gods of Olympus. Thanks for the feedback and kind words, all!

Awesome, thank you so much, Ryan! This product has been an intense labor of love for a small team, so the game is really dear to us. It's great to hear that you've been having fun with it!

Yes, the not being attacked problem is real! We've had a massive influx of new players, and in order to give everyone the best possible experience, we've had to make some quick changes to how matchmaking works. Results for the last couple of days have been less than optimal, particularly for new players.

For that, I offer my personal apologies; I'm the guy that will be fixing this, and I expect that this will be done by some time tomorrow for sure! I'll try not to spend too long on TA so that I make sure to get some work done on this. :)

Sorry for the trouble with your pantheon! This selection is actually not as bad as you might think. The trick with this team is to definitely play them from the outside at all times. Zeus is the only tank in the team, and it's going to be hard for him to do it on his own.

If you find yourself getting overwhelmed with troops, keep improving Aphrodite's Charm Units ability. that'll help give you a nice meatshield to protect your softer team. Apollo's fire arrows are excellent at thinning out attacking troops, so that's a huge help here too.

Keep Zeus' health pretty well upgraded, since he is the sturdiest of the gods you currently have. If he stands just a bit in front of the others, he can be the bodyguard for your team. You'll want to probably take Athena for god #5, since she is ultra tough and will complement your team nicely.

For Artemis, Long Shot is great since it lets you play from way outside and be strategic. It has to be pretty upgraded to be most effective. Also Apollo houses will counter Long Shot well, so take care with that. As you get to higher levels I think you'll find Spread Shot to be an option you use more and more. At least it was for me.

Good luck and sorry about the tougher matches! After we update the matchmaking in the next couple of days, maybe let me know if you still get matchups that are too tough.

14. GodsOlyAlliance: Legion

Jan 10, 2016
    alliances

Hi I hope u can answer this I created a alliances yesterday and It has 100 members I would just like to know how to get rank for alliance and why The Alpha Alliance has 243 members and how they got 19,000+ rank.

Thanks,

15. GodsOlyAlliance: Legion

Jan 10, 2016
    Also alliances

One more question how come people can join my alliance when I have it set to 2,000 rank to join. And are you the Jay that is the leader of the Alpha alliance?

16. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks Jay for your helpful comment! I really appreciate you took the time to give me some tips. Athena would be really helpful indeed, although I need 10 more levels for that. I do hope the matchmaking improves. Currently I almost cannot beat any opponent on easy, so that's not good.

I really appreciate you guys really want to improve your game.

17. 9lives1968

9lives1968 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I joined an alliance per suggestion and while I have helped some members and they have helped me, there is no real incentive for me or them to do this. There needs to be another type of reward than the one we currently get wether it is 20 nectar or stone or gold something needs to be looked at again I know this was brought up earlier in the thread but I would rather play solo due to the way the guild rewards are set up just my opinion. Still enjoying the other aspects of the game

18. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    GodsOlyAlliance: Legion, Okay, there are two issues. First, the ranking issue which this is the first we've heard of so we will be looking into that specifically so we'll get back to you. Two, the size of alliances is a bit more complicated to explain but be assured, it will be addressed this week. What happened is that we've been in beta and soft launch for a while now. Back then, we didn't have a limit on alliance members so some got pretty crazy. So we implemented a limit but that only applied to new ones and if anyone leaves the giant ones, they obviously can't get back in. But this is unfair as the bigger alliances are ranked higher simply due to the shear volume of players and not quality of players. So we will be splintering off then into smaller alliances very soon. Hope this helps.

fabianb, I'll send you a pm once the matchmaking is improved and stable so you can tell us if you see a difference.

9lives1968, Thanks for the feedback, we are definitely listening. Glad you are enjoying everything else.

19. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Great new! We are now at over 6 million battles!!

We are overwhelmed by all the positive feedback and seeing all the activity in the alliances. Thanks to everyone already playing.

20. GodsOlyAlliance: Legion

Jan 10, 2016
    Alliances

Game matchmaking working great now still can't figure out why won't show me or alliance on leaderboards or how to get ranking points for my alliance so we can move up the leaderboards. Hope you can help thanks

Alliance, Legion