Godfire: Rise of Prometheus vs Devil May Cry 4 Refrain

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BishopTK, Aug 26, 2018.

?

Which should I buy?

1. Devil May Cry 4 refrain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Godfire: Rise of Prometheus

33.3%
  3. Ugh... Avoid Them Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Something Else Entirely (Please Explain)

66.7%
  1. BishopTK

BishopTK New Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    I'm looking for some form of substantial God of War-esque action title for my 2nd Gen iPad Pro 12.9. Tried Honkai Impact... looks great, plays great... but it's got so much of that gacha influence that it's hard to just play it like a regular game. Animus has some A+ performance, but the controls take all the clunkiness of Dark Souls and add in touch controls that are actually below par even for touch controls. Assassin's Creed Identity was okay, but I've already beaten it black and blue... so now I'm on the hunt for something else.

Maybe it's just because there's generally so many apps/games to choose from, but I'm having a whole lot of trouble just finding games that give me that God of War/Dante's Inferno/Ninja Gaiden vibe... all I really see is Devil May Cry 4 refrain, Godfire and a small handful of kind of similar, yet poorly translated Japanese/Chinese/Korean games that have ads all over the place.

Godfire looks superb and seems to have some awesome production value... but I'm hearing that it may not be a finished game (?)

Devil May Cry 4 refrain ain't much to look at in the graphics dept, and it has one of my biggest pet peeves of all time (letterboxing)... but it looks like it'd at least be a complete game with some somewhat decent action.

Are either of these worth a buy? ...if not, has anyone here come across third person action titles that even slightly resemble God of War/Dante's Inferno/Ninja Gaiden?

2. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

There aren't many frantic hack 'n slash games available on the AppStore, especially the 3D third person view kind.

I got Godfire it's nothing like your reference games, at least not the little I played of it before I actually regretted having purchased it. DmC4:R, although not a bad game, is not close to its console/PC counterpart, it's a decent pocket version but I wouldn't get my hopes high on that one.

Unfortunately, the only game I could think of, Ghost Blade (some Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword [NintendoDS] ripoff), was removed from the AppStore.

Maybe you've already tried them, but maybe you could check some 2D side scrolling action games instead, like ICEY, Dust:An Ellysian Tail, Wonder Blade and I Am the Hero.

Good luck finding something you'll like and enjoy!

Edit: Oh, and btw, you'll find lots of disappointing gacha games with cool gameplay, so don't let them fool you...

3. LeoMoraes

LeoMoraes Active Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Have you tried implosion?

4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I totally missed mentioning that! It was a pretty solid experience, in my opinion. Would have loved some jumping and aerial skills/combos. Totally recommended, too.

5. BishopTK

BishopTK New Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    That’s a shame, I wouldn’t have minded trying that one out.

I actually have that on Android and Switch... and honestly I have been considering triple dipping just to have some form of ambitious action title on my iPad Pro (by “considering” I mean the next time it drops to $0.99 I’m pouncing on it ).