Godfire - rise of Prometheus on sale 6.99 > 2.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Warriv, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    #1 Warriv, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Not worth it, it's been on sale for $.99 a bunch of times. It'll go free soon.

3. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Oh, ok, wasn't aware of that.

Move along, then, nothing to see.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes it is worth it. I paid full price and very much enjoyed myself.

5. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I'm having a good time playing it right now. I find there's something lacking in audio department, and most of the blows don't really seem to deliver any impact, though. The game could still do with some polishing, but I'm happy nevertheless.

It's quite an ambitious title for mobile, and has some pretty good visuals. Those bits where that masked lady-goddess-thingy is telling the story are really beautiful and add a nice touch to the game.

Overall, definately worth the €'s.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Exactly my man.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I thought when I bought this it was incompatible with the 5 but now I see it is. AppSpy gave it a harsh review for the grinding and the IAP but said it was jaw dropping gorgeous. Any comment on the IAP? I don't mind some grinding, that's RPG in a nutshell right? As long as it's not too crazy.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I actually enjoyed going through and beating it on all the difficulty levels lol. I am a but weird with that stuff but I know you love Injustice as much as me and we grind on there all day everyday you know? :)

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Okay. Thanks. I'll try to clear some space for it.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah, Godfire may not be what everyone expects for an action adventure hack n slash title, but it does more things right than wrong. It isnt perfect, but i dont think thisd be deleted off my devices despite its flaws.

First time i completed it i thought i wont play it anymore, then there's that itch you cant explain, but i end up playing and replaying this one. Finished story mode twice already, but my hardmode playthrough's stuck with an invisible boss. Eventually, im sure to pick the game up again, try start out a new game to try avoid the invincible boss glitch.

11. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    IAP's don't seem to be needed at all. If you're like me, you'll just ignore them, and do fine. I don't know why they're there at all, I guess if you want to trivialize the game's content, you can...

Regarding grinding, there's a survival arena mode that'll help a lot with leveling whenever you feel tired of campaigning.

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The games combat bothers me, along with how the company does their games. The combat doesn't require any movement, you could just keep tapping your attack button with the occasional super in-between . There is no strategy to the combat whatsoever, it's super short, buggy, has poor writing, and the only reason it gets a pass to all this is because it's pretty.

I may be too harsh on this game, but I guess it's because they are trying the whole console quality thing. There are games on the App Store that have better elements, and deserve more attention than this. [/endrant]

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Same thing with me I beat it several times and was really into it for a while.

14. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I agree that combat is too one-dimensional, and the only strategy involves not getting swarmed, and killing enemies in the right order. Since combat is the main focus of the game, one would expect it to have a better polish.

I agree as well that you're being a bit too harsh, as the game's perfectly fine, even with its flaws. Not a 5 star game, but even at full price, I'd definitely recommend this for any fan of the genre.

15. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Got it free from Feature Points

16. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    drop to 0.99 atm