Universal Godfire (by Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I suppose the real cause of the disappointment was God of War because we were all kinda fooled by all the GOW marketing which turned out to be a lot of bull dust just to con people to buy it. Yeah I got conned and can see how its just a tech demo.

I was suspicious when I saw the slow battles but my God of War fanaticism got the better of me and I bought it in denial not wanting to think it was not what I was hoping for.

It's quite bad. Just very clever marketing that's all it was. Live and learn.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I like the game, but the gameplay does feel a little slow.

Visuals are top notch. I felt like at one point the game stuttered very little on my ipad air, but that may just be because of the slow gameplay.

Sounds are awesome too. From slashing sounds to grunts and clangs, it's pretty good. The dialogue seems decent, and the voice acting was better than most attempts on iOS games.

The gameplay is actually similar to Horn, but with more freedom of movement during battles. I imagine if you can fight multiple enemies simultaneously in Horn, it would be very similar to Godfire.

Despite some flaws im really enjoying this.

The existence of IAPs is somewhat balanced in a way that it doesnt look necessary to finish the story mode.

On the downside, there are perks that are only available through IAPs. I never really like this coz the promise of a premium game is broken since you dont get everything the game offers. Please add an in-game currency option to buy these items, even if they are more expensive than most other items... OR, make them available with in-game currency, only after you have reached certain goals like finishing the game in normal mode, or killing 500 enemies, or something like that.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yes can you? Because I'm wanting them and not wanting to pay more than the $8,99 already paid.

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Boring...

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Why exactly is this game not Retina Display enabled on the iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina.

What's the point of having all the fancy high tech Retina devices and still play blurry looking games with PSP textures.

Please update this game with Retina and give us more draw distance on the A7 Chip devices because the background is too blurry.

6. chimSIMA

chimSIMA Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Personal Trainer
    Sacramento
    Happy I read the comments. Not buying. Had no problem paying for battle heart and wayward and premium games, but not this. I'll keep my cash for something worth it.

7. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    Played it. Only complaints are slow gameplay and IAPs. I'll stick to God of War on ppsspp:)

8. ferolac

ferolac Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    No subtitles !!!

9. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys what are the IAP exactly?

10. Robulous

Robulous Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Titan Edition is $70, in case any of you were still wondering.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  12. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It could be because they are also giving a 8'figurine,t-shirt and some art book along with a promo code.Though I don't see any point to it,70$ for t-shirt and figurine is hilarious, the game itself is quite decent it's just that the combat is far too slow for a GOW clone.A DS clone for the sequel would do wonders for the game imo.:)

P.s oops seems like you already have the info.

13. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It's quite disappointing to see such how great potential has been squandered in this game,the combat would have been much more engaging with a simple left analog and three button configuration for light attacks,heavy attacks and to roll around instead of needlessly complicating the game with the current control system.It almost seems as if the graphics and art were created first and then the combat was inserted into it forcefully,it never quite works which is a shame because the presentation is really solid here,it's a full fledged game in every area but struggles where it matters the most i.e the combat.The sequel will hopefully work on making the mechanics click it's noway near gow in fluidity and variety and it's not a matter of controls either.GoW works just fine with virtual controls on psp no reason this game can't.

14. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    7/10 from Pocket Gamer

Though the review is highly critical of the gameplay, and the boss fights in particular. They actually call them offensive.

15. DN Mic

DN Mic Active Member

Apr 3, 2014
    LuckyI didnt press the purchase button before checking the reviews. Would appreciate it if anyone can define "Slow Combat". Is it way too slow compared to Infinity Blade 3? Is it slower than Horn?

16. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    You can all complain abaot little things you dont like here, while i gona play this masterpiece and enjoy :pp

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hahaha, yep...pretty much my line of thinking. Finished off the game on Normal. :) (WID NEW EENUPPPURCHEZES!)

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys what's??
    OLYMPUS PACK
    JUDGMENT PACK
    FURY PACK
    HERA'S MYSTERY

19. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Masterpiece? More like a good popcorn flick.