Universal Godfire (by Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. DrasticPegasus

DrasticPegasus Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Student
    Salerno
    When is this coming out?

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Happy Birthday!

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    It will actually be available at 11pm EST in the US, so if you live in a western US time zone it will be available earlier depending on which time zone you live in.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man all these reviews are killing me...

5. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    27 minutes left here in Mex, how is it performance in the iPad mini?

6. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I mean 11pm USA est haha.

I've been waiting so long for this masterpiece but after all these reviews, I might wait. I'm not going to buy a premium game and not get a premium experience. I'm not down to throw down 7$ Just to look at tons of iap's.

7. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Dang... I really want this game but these reviews.. I might just wait. :/

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I know, I mean I am semi ok with a premium price with some not mandatory IAP but then people are also saying the game is short.

9. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Lol Godfire or powerpuff? Should make a thread for that XD

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Slow gameplay scares me too lol.

11. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Anyone notice that the App Store states that Godfire offers iap's but you can't view what they are? Maybe it's something with my phone but I'm just wondering.

12. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    #92 noah0706, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Yea same with me... :/

13. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    You tend not to be able to see them until the app has been available for a little while. I think this is because the App Store ranks the IAPs by popularity and a brand new app doesn't have the data for that yet.

14. Ninja_Blade_Diego

Nov 25, 2013
    I agree

15. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've just spent about an hour playing it, and found it quite fun. I basically agree with the review TA just posted. It's very pretty, combat is engaging, enemies so far are pretty similar. One way the game exceeded my expectations is that combat actually feels well paced given the controls, whereas I thought it might feel too slow based on the videos.

So far I haven't seen any need for the IAPs, so I think people getting mad just because they exist might be jumping the gun. I think the fact that some people have already played through the game on normal difficulty without buying anything pretty much proves it in fact.

16. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Game play looks rather boring.

17. b864mer5

b864mer5 Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Game Impressions

Hmm, honestly I just play the game for 15 minutes. Here's my impression

IMO, please see the gameplay video first before buying it immediately. The battle really really bad.... super slow. It makes the character kinda have a time slow ability (he's not). I believe this is not my device problem (Ipad 2), because there are many complaints from more advanced devices too.

The voice acting is really bad. If you thought you can tolerate this because this is mobile game, I can't agree (take a look at infinity blade series; awesome voice acting). On the battle all your movement immediately changed into roll evade movement, so it really feels awkward....

For those who complained about IAP, don't worry because it's kinda "cheat" IAP not a must. But the battle really.... bad. It's really not worth the price tag... I guess I will back to Battleheart Legacy again... I suggest you guys to play age of zombies (free now) than playing this one.

18. XzJ450NzX

XzJ450NzX New Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Vivid games please make the game retina supported on the a5 chips. Or just a graphics option.

19. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    #99 Lerisbo1192, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    to everyone on the fence and those wondering if they'll get the game despite the iaps... i think you're gonna get the game anyway. lets face it we're all here for the graphics. i mean just decide if you are ready to put 7$ into a tech demo, for me it was worth it as i like to see my small iphone display such beautiful visuals. but yeah... iaps aside the game is reaaaally bad. if anyone has anything good to say about the actual gameplay.... i'm listening. thats may be why i'm not that bothered about the iaps? may be i just don't care about progressing here? which sense of progression do you get anyway from a game that feels the same from the first to the last second?
    honestly if you're looking for a good looking game don't hesitate even for a sec! GO GET IT!! but if a "god game" is what you want... you've come to the wrong place!! leave the thread and try to avoid articles about it! :D:D

20. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    So you can earn the items of the store on the main game?, you can earn all the swords and blades froms the items store?