Universal Godfire (by Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Oh yeah I forgot doom and destiny was ported. My bad.

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone know the answer to this question?

4. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Awesome! Will get this 2nite!

5. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Some answers

• Normal enemies spawn (out of thin air) in groups in predefined attack waves.
    • Fighting is fairly mindless but does look very good - some great animations.
    • Boss fights all follow a similar sequence of dodging, waiting, and attacking while the boss is in a very obvious "now it's safe to attack" state.
    • Levels are very linear.
    • There's no option to "grind" as coins/items can only be found once per level. Go back to replay a level, you won't get the stuff that you already found the first time.
    • The "puzzles" to unlock doors are incredibly easy. The image rotation ones don't even qualify as puzzles.
    • The top few weapons, for example, can only be acquired via IAP. This does not appear to constitute a paywall, but it's annoying all the same.
    • Levels are short and there are not many of them.
    • There's a definite Dark Souls visual vibe in several zones, shame the gameplay isn't there to match it.

After all that, the game is actually a fair amount of fun in a mindless button-mashing way. With IAPs.

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks for the impressions, that summary moved me from insta-buy to gotta-wait for a review.

7. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    #67 Phoenix24, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    As far as I understand, the Titan limited edition is available from the games official website when the official launch goes live in 14 hours!! You will apparently receive a code to redeem the game from the AppStore.

The game appears to be no different it is just the goodies that you get with it....but then again, I might be completely wrong about this bit #

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Impressions don't look too good so far. I think I'll pass on this one.

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Checking out the website, there is no method of pre-order, but one would think they'd put info about special items for purchasing through them instead of the App Store.....then again, that seems kind of strange to buy it directly from the App Store (which I would assume negates any ability to be refunded etc. if need be)

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Are there only duel swords or other weapons? Sorry for asking a lot, but that's a table turner if there is only duel swords. :/

11. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Ok so I had a chance to play this one and...for those of you who are on the fence I'll begin with the graphics.It's probably the best looking iphone game ever,lightnin is a tad shallow but tge textures and animations are quite good.Not gow quality but good for a mobile game.
    The combat on the other hand is dull,the movement speed is quite off and the controls aren't quite upto the mark.The combat is very slow in nature yet repetitive it seems to be more dark soulish in design than gow but isn't solid or challenging enough.I really like the little touches in every area like how you get pushed back realistically when you defend and such.Overall I feel it may have picjed the wrong game to clone it's combat is a lot more like DS than GOW and may have proved to be a worthy Ds clone for sure if the focus was shifted in that direction.:)

12. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Anyone know if it works with ios 8 most unreal games crash on ios 8 beta 1 and 2

13. VividGames

VividGames Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    Regarding the following sentence by Planetshooter/Arcadelife:

I would suggest venturing further into Survival Mode :)

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So it's true then? Also what about IAP?
    Thanks!

15. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    How does the Items and the Special Offers on the store influence in the game? Please someone, is really worth to buy those?

16. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Ds? What game are you talking about, PM me

17. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I do not understand why this great game does not have subtitles in different languages.
    Is something that need to be added in an update to make the game more accesible for more people and to understand the story better

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #78 ojtitus, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Dark Souls/Demons Souls for the PS3 and Xbox360.

19. saulob

saulob Member

Dec 10, 2011
    That's the first thing that I thought, it's "Hero of Sparta" all the way :eek:

20. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Thorough overview, honest and to the point.