Universal Goat Simulator (by Coffee Stain Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The map is probably bigger than you think. Your always finding new things. But it would be nice if they did add another location.

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    FLAPPY GOAT IS NOW WORKING FOR ME - too bad I can't even get 2

The map may not be GTA big, but you can play 24 hours straight and still do new things. This games easy to recommend.

There's lots of other areas on the PC release, plus there's user creations. Hopefully well get some nice updates.

3. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Okay... I watched the videos. I just can't rap my head around what the appeal is. This looks boring. Don't get me wrong... I'm glad this came to iOS for the sake of the platform but it just doesn't look very fun.

4. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Are tricks and flips still a thing in this game? I'm at "launch something really far (normal)" and I haven't bumped into any trick-quests.

5. Stella

Stella Well-Known Member

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #106 PoloBaquerizoH, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    More new worlds after completing all goals will make this more worth the money, hopefully more worlds will make this game a great Goat theft Simulator game really great
    Besides that the game is great and fun, but quite short

7. dudeguypal

dudeguypal Member

Nov 2, 2012
    #107 dudeguypal, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    How to do knocking hard

I can't get the knocking hard quest. I jump on the trampoline holding something and then head butt it. Butt I can't get 500

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've completed every achievement, every quest etc. I really hope that they would add a timed mode with a leaderboard. Otherwise I'm done with the game. Don't get me wrong, this was worth my $5 I'm just hoping that they add more maps, leaderboards etc. I'd gladly pay for more content!

9. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Exactly..

10. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Yeah, I'd be willing to throw a few more bucks into the game to get the PC expansion.

11. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Thinking of getting this , Waiting for TA review :)

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    They already said it's their game of the week. Buy buy buy

13. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #113 tahzblade, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Deleted post.

14. dylanfan007

dylanfan007 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Imo this is more of a technical showpiece than Zen garden,Considering this a game made by indies on a super shoe-string budget and still looks better than 98% stuff on appstore goes to show how much water the 'console quality' claim holds.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just a quick bump letting you all know here's what Coffee Stain told me in response to my question about adding new maps and a time attack mode with leaderboards...

"@Coffee_Stain: @dick_952000 we’ll definitely support the game with more stuff, don’t worry :)"

I trust them to follow through as they've supported the PC version with massive updates. :D

16. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    More control options would be nice. I wish there was the option to make the joystick only control movement so you could strafe like on PC instead of just turning and manually move the camera

17. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I have an iphone 5, iOS 7 jailbroken and I have been an to play flappy goat. Now, the first few time is didn't work, just crashed. Then I cold started my phone (hold home+sleep until you see apple logo) and killed everything but safari. Next I opened safari and made sure a few tabs loaded. Then I opened Goat sim and got to in front of the tv (don't get so close it starts you interact with it). Now I went to multitask and killed safari, instantly freeing about 100mb of ram. Finally I could play flappy goat without crashing.

This is because the iPhone had a little ram set aside rather than all used up by the game so when I went to play flappy goat and it required a spike in ram usage I was able to give it that. Without my method, the game will allocate the extra ram to useles asset caching and just crash when it needs that ram spike.

Let me know if this works for you.

18. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    whateryutalkinabeet mate? Do you have to do that every time you want play it? Do you happen to have the Chinese 7.1 + jailbreak. Cuz I'm running the goooooart on two iPhones noticed the crashing one with the tongbu jail break 7.1+ and a relatives iphone with the Initial 7.0 jb that came out ages ago. The tongbu phone wont load goat sim without crashin yet the older jailbreaked phone runs it fine. I dunno man maybe I'm just havin a placebo. Or maybe it's the jb... Heard rumors of instability and my siri doesn't work properly anymore since I jb 7.1... Just sayin it could be the jb.

Trying out your exploit now on the china phone. I'll see how I go.

19. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Latest version of 7 with pangu jailbreak.

20. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    #120 bored2death, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Yea na yea I meant pangu. Yea I tried your method. The game works for me on the pangu phone...maybe it's pangu messin it up. Cuz the crashes don't tend to happen on the other with an earlier evasion jb. I also noticed with the pangu jb my phone will randomly go flat once it's below 20% and once I plug it in it will boot up with 20%. So yea the crashes with goat sim could definitely be a pangu issue.