Universal Goat Simulator (by Coffee Stain Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    the game lags like crazy on my iphone 5, haven't try it yet on my 5s. hopefully it'll get fix soon. i dont see any reason why this game suffer from lags since i can run gta san andreas without any lags on ip5 also this game already being watered down a lot in term of graphics when compared to its pc version.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You can't compare other games regarding lag. They have different teams working on them, different ways to optimise code etc. all because San Andreas works doesn't mean every other game will. All depends on the development team

Anyway this game looks fun. Bought and downloading

3. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    So how stripped down is this game from the computer version?

Does it have easter eggs?

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I couldn't wait for more impressions so I bought it. I never played a game like this before except for cruddy knockoffs. I guess this once is the original. I thought this game was pretty fun. The controls seem fine. I hardly ever got lag, nothing like redribbon. It lagged only at some crazy explosions. You can unlock some things like a jet pack and penguin mode. So for it's been fun. If you have a good sense of humor check this out. This one is not really for hc only gamers.

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    No great at all, too many bugs and lags all the time. I regret paying 5 dollars for this one

6. popjam5

Jun 15, 2012
    Lol.. 'Too many bugs'

This game is fantastic.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The game's generally an unpolished, bug-ridden pile of turd that shouldn't work...and that's the whole appeal of the game. :p It's bloody fantastic.

Oh and it doesn't lag for me on a 4th gen iPad, but it looks like there's an issue with the iPhone 5.

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya I think this game is pretty good. It's not REALLY buggy when I play but I'm sure they will release an update soon to fix all the kinks. $5 is not that bad for a PC port right? Is this one stripped downed vs the PC version?

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't had a single moment of lag on a 5S. Never played the PC version, but this is damn nice.

10. popjam5

Jun 15, 2012
    Just saying, it's meant to have bugs. This is where the game shines. Even the devs say that. But obviously the game breaking bugs which take away from the experience are bad.

11. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Is this a touch screen only kind of game or does it support MFi controls?

12. iosomfg

iosomfg Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I allready found crazy sh*t glitch :-D Just have another goat on your tongue :)

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  14. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Never mind its a no but I downloaded it anyway,great fun!

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, so there IS a leaderboard now showing up on GC. Not sure what it's for as there are only two users on it on with a score of four, the other score is one. Any ideas?

16. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    hmm maybe it is just me but paying 5 dollars for an unpolished bug ridden pile of turd does not sound appealing at all to me.. My teenage sons say i should get this because it is hilarious .., but then again they also think 9gag is hilarious ...

Maybe I am just getting to old for this and i have become the grumpy fart I promised mezelf never to become ;-)

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    As funny and hilarious as this is I've just played for about five minutes on my iPhone 5s and it felt like my phone was getting hot enough to spontaneously combust o_O so I'll not be playing this until an update. I'll try it on my iPad later on.

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I felt the same while playing it, I think I will actually press the refund button, 5 dollars for a game full of bugs and that lags on my iPhone 5c, no thank you

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think I'm pretty satisfied. I'm not going to ask for my money BAAAAAAAACK. ;)

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I bought but I promised my daughter I'd absolutey not okay until she is home from school so I'm sitting on my hands til 3.30pm. Only three hours to go.