iPad Goal Defense - a long awaited hilarious game [Univeral]!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Follow_Me_Now, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Follow_Me_Now

Follow_Me_Now Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    #1 Follow_Me_Now, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

Goal Defense

Dynamic Pixels Ltd.
    Train a team of underdog heroes in this hilarious action-packed defense game. Brains must overcome brawn as you protect …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Train a team of underdog heroes in this hilarious action-packed defense game. Brains must overcome brawn as you protect the coveted Golden Bowl trophy from an onslaught of muscle-bound jocks! FEATURES: * 40 challenging levels of tactics, skill and speed * Hilarious characters, animated in the spirit of old-school comic books * Earn ‘use and confuse’ bonuses * Outwit your enemies’ empty skulls * Stunningly detailed and artistic scenery * Check for updates - more features to follow!
    Information
    Seller:Dynamic Pixels Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Strategy, Sports
    Release:Jul 16, 2012
    Updated:Sep 26, 2013
    Version:1.0.8
    Size:58.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    #2 Follow_Me_Now, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Goal Defense - a long awaited hilarious game is available for download!

Goal Defense

Dynamic Pixels Ltd.
    Train a team of underdog heroes in this hilarious action-packed defense game. Brains must overcome brawn as you protect …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Train a team of underdog heroes in this hilarious action-packed defense game. Brains must overcome brawn as you protect the coveted Golden Bowl trophy from an onslaught of muscle-bound jocks! FEATURES: * 40 challenging levels of tactics, skill and speed * Hilarious characters, animated in the spirit of old-school comic books * Earn ‘use and confuse’ bonuses * Outwit your enemies’ empty skulls * Stunningly detailed and artistic scenery * Check for updates - more features to follow!
    Information
    Seller:Dynamic Pixels Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Strategy, Sports
    Release:Jul 16, 2012
    Updated:Sep 26, 2013
    Version:1.0.8
    Size:58.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    #3 Toad In The Hole, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    [Deleted] Sent DM to developer to explain appinfo ;)

4. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    Thanks, how do u do that?

5. radnussrini

radnussrini Active Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Really its worth !!!!!!!!!

6. radnussrini

radnussrini Active Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I played that game really its gud Worth for ur money

7. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    Thank you. It's great to have your work appreciated)))

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Any vids with gameplay?

9. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah a video with some action would be great!

10. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

After reading some reviews on the app store, I'll pass. Another potentially decent TD game filled with required IAP to finish (summarizing from the app store). Thanks and good luck.

11. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    Actually, it's not so. You can play it without IAP. It'll be tough and will require logic and strategy, but if you're smart you'll pass it without IAP all right. This time we decided to be very loyal to our players)))

12. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    congrats on the game release! bought it and played the first level.. loved the jocks skipping rope. unfortunately since i have exams and some previous engagement hadn't had a chance to give a decent play.. but will when i get the time!

13. timedblades

timedblades Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    It looks like a lot to manage on screen but a welcome challenge at that. Well worth the 99c

14. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    It looks like everything is unlocked at certain levels as in the different sportsmen, and power ups. Does this mean that we are then automatically allowed to use the sportsman on the field, but for the powerups we will have to use the crystals? We will not have to pay for the sportsman I hope, correct? As they have them as shop items to be unlocked earlier, but I would hope that once we reached the level noted, we are automatically provided them on the field and the crystals are really only to be used if you want to unlock the sportsmen earlier than the noted level and for the powerups?!?

15. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer

Yes, EVERYTHING will be unlocked. You don't have to buy sportsman. The amount of in-game currency and types of sportsmen you're give is enough to padd the level - done that myself (though sometimes it is rather difficult). You get crystals if you play great and all the bowl points are in place, so you DON'T HAVE to buy crystals. But you can, if you want to make it easier for you to pass the level or to have additional fun with bonuses)))

16. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    This is great news as I'm starting to really enjoy this one. If I only have to use the crystals (in-game currency) for the power-ups, than I'm sure this one will be an ultimate blast!

I love the animations, and this is somewhat along the lines of fieldrunners as you have to be very alert as to where you strategically place your defenses. The field is not wide open, a la fieldrunners, as there are obstacles, but you do have to be very specific as to your placements.

Highly recomended. I don't know what all the winers are talking about the game being IAP reliant. I have played through quite a bit and have not had any problems with keeping all enemies away from our grail/trophy/cup or whatever. It's just a good, tough game. I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

17. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    Thanks for confirming my words)))

18. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
  19. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    OK, the more I play this game, the more I am eating my words and seeing that it is becoming harder and dang impossible to keep your 'bowl' entirely intact and not have any enemies reach it. I have been playing TD's for years, so I would like to think I am pretty good at them, and I am even playing levels several times over from the start. I am on the second 'world' and you just don't have enough currency and/or crystals to combat the onslaught and keep them at bay %100. On some levels I squeak by with 2-3 intact, others, I have to start over. So, I do think that if you want to win with your bowl intact %100, this is a IAP reliant game for most. I'm curious to see what others are thinking, but this is a quiet thread.
    I should have played through a little more before I spoke..

20. Follow_Me_Now

May 21, 2012
    Game Developer
    #20 Follow_Me_Now, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    You know, it's true. I'm not a hardcore player myself. It took me a day, sometimes, to go through a level. I had to mind the in-game currency, the timing (when i put the player), but i love puzzles and sooner or later i managed to crack this level. But isn't it the whole point? TO find a way where seems to be none possible))) And again, i'm not a hardcore player...