Go Deliver - New location based game by Midoki

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by F19_Haddock, Oct 2, 2012.

1. F19_Haddock

F19_Haddock Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    #1 F19_Haddock, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    Go Deliver is a unique game where you to pick up virtual packages and deliver them to real destinations. Your destiny: to become a Delivery Master. Your tools: a big bag... and your shoes!

[​IMG]

Your city is the game environment. Your favourite spots, your daily commute, your weekend hideouts... London will be the first city to be featured in Go Deliver, but more will follow soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We are Midoki, a small independent studio of ex-Sony devs based in the UK and Go Deliver is our first mobile game for iPhone and iPad. We are currently adding the finishing touches to the game and we’ll be showing a lot more in the next few days, so keep an eye on our website and blog for more news.

http://www.midoki.com/

2. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    More bits and bobs...

These are just a few of the costumes you can collect in the game.

[​IMG]

Costumes give you the ability of carrying special packages. Dangerous chemicals? Put on your lab coat. Secret documents? Be a spy for the day. The more packages you deliver the bigger your wardrobe will grow, and the more packages you'll be able to pick up in turn.

Dress to win! Literally :D

3. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    More new stuff! :)

In Go Deliver you play in the real streets of London, picking up packages from all around you, and delivering them to real destinations.

[​IMG]

That's right, you’re going to be delivering packages to real places: Streets, parks… even shops!

[​IMG]

And that also means you don't even need to be looking at your iPhone if you already know the address, just take it out to deliver the package once you arrive. Fancy dropping some cheese off at the local cafe?

[​IMG]

More info coming soon!

4. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Go Deliver has a world of packages. From old postcards and taped cardboard boxes to strawberry cupcakes and secret files!

[​IMG]

But this is the really cool bit: Those packages are all in the cloud. You see that rare package waiting around the corner for you? Well… it’s not just for you. Anyone can pick it up, so if you really want it, you better get there quickly!

[​IMG]

And what if a package has to be delivered too far away for you? Don't worry. Drop it and tell your friend to pick it up. You will both get rewarded when the package arrives. In fact multiple people can help out delivering the same package, each one contributing a little bit towards its destination! Awesome, right? :cool:

This game is pretty unique. We can't wait for you guys to try it!
    And remember: San Francisco will be out very soon after London!

5. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Living in SF (or does it even matter?) I can't wait to see this game come out. Awesome. Definitely unlike anything out there. I'm still a bit confused as to who can play, viz., if you don't live in London, is the game relevant?

6. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Thanks! :)

You are right. Go Deliver is a pretty radical game. Early in development we discussed adding functionality for players outside the map area, but we felt it really diluted the game experience.

Playing it in London for the first time was a bit of a revelation. Having to be actually there is what makes it really fun. We've never played anything like it ourselves!

And the maps are still pretty big anyway. London and SF are roughly 300 sq Km each!

7. randomisthehero

randomisthehero Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Florida
    Looks like an interesting game but living in Jacksonville,Florida, it looks like i'll have to wait and hope that more maps become available.

Any plans to bring this to the android market?

8. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    We are actively discussing plans for Android, although there is nothing set in stone yet. Fingers crossed!

9. randomisthehero

randomisthehero Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Florida
    I'll cross them for sure! Would be so much better for those of us who don't have an iphone(ipod touch here with a samsung galaxy s3 as my phone) so there's no way to have a constant internet connection to my ipod,which often sucks cause i love these types of games.

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    As Leicester is the center of the country for foreigners and new nationals to live, any plans to incorporate this city ;)

Now that I have said that, it's time to lock the doors hehe.

I honestly dissappointed that only London is included in a potential release candidate, but that's not because i'm upset. In fact its mainly because I am intrigued by the gameplay and is something I would want to try out if I could.

So, I wait with baited breath.

I'm not sure if you will get many downloads though if you only start in one city, the demographic will be limited and could affect initial impressions, just saying.

All in all the idea could work, good luck with it!

11. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Hey, Leicester is not far from us! Hi there! :)

Good point. We are aware that London (even though it's a huge place) can only bring so many players to the game, but it's also a nice controlled area to grow from there.

The game will be also free to play, so that should encourage a few more downloads. And we are completely open to feedback. It's such a unique type of game that we are going to need listening to you guys very closely :)

12. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    New video up! :)
    This time: All you need to know about picking up and delivering packages in Go Deliver.

13. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    We've submitted to Apple!!! :D

New video up to celebrate. This time all you need to know about costumes.

Packages have special restrictions (Heavy, fragile, magic...) and you will need to wear the right costume for the job. The more packages you deliver the more costumes you will unlock, and in turn the more new packages you will be able to pick up.

14. JaysUsernam

JaysUsernam Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Location Based Gaming FTW-sounds great, although I cringe to think how long it will be before it has maps for Canada!!