Universal Glyph Quest Chronicles feedback thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bulk Paint, Jan 6, 2017.

1. itsagirl

itsagirl Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Update on my problem from yesterday: I reset the game and it did not happen again.

2. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

3. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    #103 Siderakat, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    The "tried challenge for the first time" accomplishment disappears once achieved; the number 1 still appears in the top left corner, but the thing itself no longer seems to be in the actual list for gem collection. Unless it's still buried way down and I missed it, but that would still be a bug.

The first-time Alchemy achievement has activated twice so far-- the real first time worked normally, but the second one acted the same way as above-- incremented display number, nothing in list.

I really like the way that some enemies transmute new elements onto the board; so far I've only noticed this for Water and Arcane-- are there transmuters for all eight elements?

I wonder if it would be wothwhile to put in a single-purchase buy of Patron mode, clearly described within the store as ### gems + infinite mana? It is nice to have smaller purchases tally toward the Patron total too, but maybe a single-harpoon whale shot

4. Punky_vixen

Punky_vixen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    My summons keep popping at the most inconvenient times the pop uses my turn and I've died a few times as a result (probably my fault for letting my health get so low..) could we not have a use button like the familier or some way of tracking so I know when it's going to pop so I don't leave using my potion too late!

5. Bulk Paint

Fixed. File that one under "I wonder how that ever worked?"

Fixed. I think.

I want to say yes, although thinking about it, I'm not sure. It's simple enough to do though.

We'll have a think about that. If it doesn't look like people are hitting Patron mode normally, then maybe we'll have to introduce something along those lines.

6. Bulk Paint

The Limit Breaks need a re-vamp. I'd say it's either a button like the Familiar or their attack doesn't end the turn.

7. Riitta2222

Riitta2222 New Member

Feb 6, 2017
    AlphaBetty Saga finnish version

Hello
    I've played AlphaBetty Saga game. Playing the Finnish version is almost impossible. I am now level 210. It is hard level but the Finnish version is impossible. Words can not be established because there are nothing but consonants and only one vowel. In addition, there are situations where I could form words but suddenly the game shuffles the letters, first once and then a second time. In the end, the game is interrupted and the games send a message that there is no longer acceptable words. I would be interested to know who has prepared a Finnish application. In fact, I have no energy to play the game because I have lost my interest.
    Best Regards
    Riitta :mad:

8. Bulk Paint

That's a real... er, shame? Might I suggest trying Glyph Quest Chronicles instead? I don't know anything about AlphaBetty Saga but I'm willing to be Chronicles is more enjoyable. And, as luck would have it, Finland may well be in for a treat...

9. itsagirl

itsagirl Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Finished off the Ego Demon with a Swooping Eagle. :D Bravo on that one.:D

10. Bulk Paint

Thank you for just giving us the GIF for the next screenshotsaturday!

11. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Ore is still over-represented in the pet chow menu, which might be somewhat counterbalanced if monster bits were available as alchemy ingredients.

The life bar is extremely difficult to see against yellow (desrt?) backgrounds-- add a more contrasty outline?

The hat with antlers is impresseive, but tends to obscure the visibility of any summons in the background and can get rather visually cluttered esp. with a flying familiar-- maybe shift summonses a bit out toward the center?

12. Bulk Paint

I have re-balanced all of the materials. As luck would have it, the combination of Helms, Staves, Robes, Trinkets and Familiars is just enough that each material is used in 9 different things. Of course, some materials are harder to come by than others, but just seeing that little grid all line up equally was very pleasing...

13. Bulk Paint

Right - the new build is up. "What's so exciting about this one?" you ask - well, we think this is the final one in the Beta before we try soft launching to a wider audience. Exciting, huh? Just think - no more having to reset your save games. Also, it's clearly bug-free now so anything that goes wrong must be a product of your over-active imagination and nothing to do with my amazing code spaghetti.

You guys have been amazing. Keep the feedback coming and if you think of anything else you'd like to see in the game, don't hesitate to drop us a line on here.

Thanks,
    Alex, Leanne and Willow

14. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    #114 Siderakat, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    WET Trinket starus protection (and I spose Familiars too-- haven't re-acquired on this playthru yet)-- could you move the protection percentage display entirely off the status effect symbol? They are really hard to see behind those numbers.(otoh just noticed the expanded explanation that pops up when tapped, so maybe nvm)

"Powered Up" achievement not registering anything in progress bar.

15. Punky_vixen

Punky_vixen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Not sure if it's been mentioned previously, but if you press cancel during the enter your name bit it just continues with default char name I just accidentally pressed it and then I was sad (and then I hit reset again)

16. Bulk Paint

Can opened... worms, everywhere...
    Fixed. An earlier tweak to prevent multiple power ups kicking off the sound broke the sequencing. But we're back now. Move along. Nothing to see here.

17. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    #117 Siderakat, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    No confirmation message from "Restore purchases".

Combogeddon" should probably be listed right after "King of Combos" ( or Queen? sinve all female characters) instead of way farther down.

Put "Patron mode" at top of achievements list?

wrt town-based accomplishments: sort categories by building availability? doesn't seem to be that way right now.

18. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    I've mentioned it before, but for me the app crashes the first time I try to restore purchases. It's happened for each new build. iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1.

19. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I fon't think Restore Purchases has crashed on me, but it doesn't work right after the intro-- probably not enabled until first quest finshed and main store opens.

20. Bulk Paint

We were saving the re-ordering of achievements until we were sure we'd added all the ones we wanted as they're one of the things that force people to reset their save games. We already get it in the ear about all of the resetting ;)