Universal Glyph Quest Chronicles feedback thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bulk Paint, Jan 6, 2017.

1. DebbieB

DebbieB New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Potion type when the game crashes

It's the middle size health potion

2. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Quests 18.1, 19.2-5, and 20.1 are still broken.

I think someone else already mentioned this upthread, but could you nudge the Chain tracker toward the middle? In its current position, it blocks visibility of the lower glyph.

3. Dominus

Dominus New Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Not a hang but the time challenge 7/2 didn't time out, the clock seemed to hang right before 12:00 and we were able to beat it.
    6/4 wasn't acting up, no hang and on the first try we ran out of time.

We got a hang on a normal quest, though. Don't know the exact number but it was the first time you encounter the merman (goatee and irokese hair-do). We were about to cast a six glyph fire thing and the game hung. If it helps I have screenshot of the hang.

And isn't challenge mode supposed to prevent you from using the stuff in your bag? We were able to use a heal potion.

The lquest card with oyalty card is acting up, it seems as if it still thinks it needs to fill up 8 slots instead of six. What happens is that you fill your sixth slot, next quest win and you fill it again... and again the next win. And only then it will recognize the quest card as completed.

And currently you need to tap after a victory to see how much XP you gained etc. I do see the reason for the following taps, but I think the first tap should be skipped.

4. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Attack description issue

Deep Sea Mermaid has a label issue with one of her attacks.

The site isn't letting me attach a pic, but it's the Lure attack. When she uses that attack, it displays "*SNF :attackLure*"

As an aside, casting War Hamsters is like the greatest thing in this game!

5. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

I like those bugs - they're easy to fix

You are not the first person to suggest this... ;)

6. Bulk Paint

Latest version is up!

This includes a slightly more refined tutorial as well as a bunch of new Achievements. As such, it means you will have to RESET your game the first time you load it up otherwise strange things will happen.

It also includes Alchemy. Visit the Workshop and you'll be able to turn Materials that you don't want into ones that you do.

There's also a language select section in the Options menu, but we haven't had any of the text translated just yet, so picking any language other than English will result in a lot of blank buttons... If your device isn't set to English by default, you may well find that the app also sets itself to whatever language you've set, so you might have to manually turn it back to English in game.

Happy Questing!

7. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    #87 Siderakat, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    I'm really confused by the Alchemy layout-- for starters, it seems exactly counterintuitive to me to have the input on the right/bottom and output on the left/top. When I tried a transmutation, it saidI didn't have enough materials, but I don't see any quantity requirements?

On edit-- oh, okay, I was using it wrong. Was the three-to-one conversion factor expained in the intro and I missed it?

The Mana card is still broken-- the sixth victory fills in the sixth space and adds three gems to nventory iiric; victory 7 shows the card filling from five to six again, and finally victory # 8 repeats five -> six and adds another three gems. The next card does not start with 2 stamps filled in.

8. Bulk Paint

It is, yes, although the fact that you missed it is worrying. I might put a big '3X' on the icon on the left - that should do it.

Okay. There's probably a magic number in code somewhere. I'll have a look.

9. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I may have been unusually unobservant when first entering the Alchemy section, due to trying to fend off fadcinated toddlers. Also, impaired eyesight-- the shifted Chain text is much easier for tracking glyphs; many thanks!

Some spellls' descriptions pop up too low on the screen (bottom cut off) unless the spell's name was lcated near the top of the main spellbook screen. No comprehensive list yet; may try later.

Upon buying one's first familiar, it might be handy to auto-select it for combat?

10. Bulk Paint

I've added a big '3x' to the icon on the left. Hopefully that should make it a bit more obvious, even if you skip the briefing.

Done

11. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    #91 InsuranceMan, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    It looks like one of the achievement labels that pops up when first using the Alchemy menu might be off. Had that same "SNF" text on it, but it disappeared too fast for me to see. The relevant achievements in the actual achievement menu seems to be correct though. Not super helpful, I know, but could be worth checking out.

Edit: Also, the achievements badge shows I have two to turn in, but when I go to the menu, there's no incomplete ones.

12. Punky_vixen

Punky_vixen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Why in the latest version am I not the right level when I reach the 1st boss level?
    Idk even being given 1 free mana refil I find it annoying being told I need to repeat content to level up this early in the game!
    Might just be me?

13. Bulk Paint

I've had a look and I'd forgotten how we'd made this work. Now when the timer runs out, you start taking damage. When your health reaches zero, you're out. So you can prolong a Doomsday quest by either huffing potions or using healing combo spells. It's only meant to be a stay of execution though - a last chance to finish the fight, so I might have to increase the amount of damage it does.

14. Bulk Paint

It's totally just you ;)

No, it's not. We're still playing with the balance, but it's a fine line between not wanting the player to level up during the tutorial and arriving at the boss fight underlevelled. At this stage of the game, the majority of your XP will come from discoveries- monsters and spells. If you play the tutorial a certain way - maximising the amount of different spells you cast, you can level up and spend most of the first adventure ahead of the curve. If you just stick to one or two spells, you won't get enough XP to hit level 4 by the time the boss rolls around.

Maybe we just need to not care that someone can level up during the tutorial and put the xp gains back in it for completing waves?

15. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Tried to get a list of the spellbook entries that pop up too low, but it doesn't happen consistently-- the same spell may pop up low enough to cut off the upgrade button entirely, reopen with just the bottom edge of the button cut off, and then finally show up fully visible. Once it shows up correctly, it keeps its position on subsequent reopenings, at least during the same library visit. It doesn't seem to be strongly correlated to spell description length.

Meanwhile, perhaps a familiar-related achievement might be useful for further piquing interest in getting one?

16. Bulk Paint

I think it's something funny in Unity's animation system not guaranteeing that it'll reach the proper positions at the end of the animation.

Not a bad shout. I'll pop some in with a future update.

17. Punky_vixen

Punky_vixen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    With my last dregs of mana just managed to fill my loyalty card ##
    However I get the 'you have no mana' message pop up when trying to play my bonus mana quest #

Attached Files:

18. Bulk Paint

Fixed, thanks

19. itsagirl

itsagirl Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Reset my game to the latest version and started over. I finished all 5 quests on island 1, but it won't let me move on to island 2 because it says quests still need to be completed. Don't know if I missed so,wing obvious or if it's a bug. Enjoying it so far!

20. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    In the shop, if you tap an item, then tap your bag (like to see what items you already have), then close the bag, the Helmstone button pops up, covering the bottom part of the open item. I know that's wordy and confusing, so here is a screen cap of it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/umkgfvk4omkn915/Photo%20Feb%2003%2C%207%2024%2042%20PM.png?dl=0

I mentioned this before, but the only way you can scroll through items in the shop is by pressing an item directly. It's awkward because if my thumb happens to be in the spaces between items, the list won't scroll. It makes it feel buggy because it's not responding to my actions. It's also a problem when you scroll past the top or bottom of the list, because there's not always an item where your thumb rests. So you swipe a couple times, nothing happens, and you have to reach for a the nearest icon to grab onto.

In the latest build, the intro and first stages felt a lot smoother than I remember. That's great!