Universal Glyph Quest Chronicles feedback thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bulk Paint, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

I can see the achievements system being the bane of my life - something that I keep 'fixing' but people find more ways that it falls over. Grrrr.

2. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Ice Golems also whomp the board into crashing. Also, if my pet (Guivre lv 3) delivers the kill shot at the end of a final wave, the monster just cycles endlessly through death throes but never drops off the screen to close the level-- this has happened twice so far into otherwise different contexts.

3. Bulk Paint

Looking into the Golem thing. The familiar break thing should be fixed in the next update. Emphasis on should...

4. Bulk Paint

Okay - I've found the problem with the Golem thing. It'll be fixed in the update after this one. For the time being, I'll stop them being spawned.

5. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    #45 InsuranceMan, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Restore purchases crash

Game is crashing when I hit the Restore Purchases button from the shoppe (post update). Only appears to happen from the shoppe screen, not anywhere else. However, I don't know if this button is even supposed to work in test flight builds.

6. Bulk Paint

Well, would you look at that! It's only a new version and everything. Fixes a bunch of stuff (and most likely breaks a whole host of new stuff).

Give it a go and keep the feedback coming!

7. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    #47 Siderakat, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Angels freeze the glyph board with Strikes (Heavenly/Recovery), but not with Sun Beam.

Quest #15 has funky level numbering: 27 is followed by three different 28s, the mddle of which always closes the game after the initial glyph/monster setup. The last level of Q15 remains locked even after completing Quests 16 & 17.

The Naga Blade Dancer (?) also sometimes freezes the glyph board with Singing Blades, but not always. The first level of Quest 18 also crashes when opened.

Trying to figure out how to upload screenshot here-- shouldn't the Sun trinket be spelled "Ankh" instead of "Anhk"? Also, one of my crafting materials somehow has an inventory of "-25"... iirc, it's the stuff my familiar used to eat; at some point, its button said "Max" and stopped listing food requirements, but still listed a coin price. When I click the foodless "Max" button and pay up, the price goes up by 1000 though I'm not certain the familiar's attack power increases any further. So maybe the system is still subtracting pet chow.

Addendum: pet chow theory confirmed; I just re-maxed a few more times and now that ore's inventory is -54 or so.

8. Bulk Paint

Yeah, some of those later monsters have an issue or two...

Good bug-houndery! I've revamped the Menagerie a bit. It shouldn't be possible to get into negative materials any more.

9. Bulk Paint

Yup. The number is just the level of monsters you're going to meet. It doesn't go up each quest - so you get batches of quests all at the same level.
    The middle one messed up because there were no monsters at that level that could appear in that terrain (Deep water). I've swapped it out for swamp so it should allow you to complete it...
    ... which will unlock the boss fight.

10. Sharpie218

Sharpie218 Member

Jan 13, 2017
    IAP wording

I would like to echo putermcgee's concerns over the wording of the iap. The gold purchase doesn't tell you if you are purchasing a gold doubler, or 1.5x, etc. I have the same concern with the punch card. As a consumer I would never spend $2.99 on an IAP unless I knew exactly what it did.

And I'm sure you are debating this internally but for me $2.99 is one dollar more then my "impulse purchase" filter allows, especially since I would want to buy both both of the IAP to support you and make my game experience better. Ultimately, I would love a full a simple, full unlock of some sort.

I'll keep big hunting and good luck devs, I know going free wasn't the way you wanted to go but I hope it works out for you.

11. KingOfHh

KingOfHh New Member

Jan 20, 2017
    Hard crash if you flee from challenge mode

Hello!

The game feels pretty good so far, I've done up to the 5th world in the last beta and the 3rd world in the current beta. I think tying things like board size/spell length to level instead of quests makes the game more approachable and understandable, but if you miss a dialogue it's easy to miss a whole chunk of the game. Is the a plan for more detailed tutorials for new players? As someone who has played all prior versions more than once I know what is coming, but if I passed this to a friend I'd have to explain a lot IMO. I'm also a bit confused about how the energy works, and didn't know you could upgrade spells until I tried testing dying a few times.

Still, game feels GREAT and I can't wait to play more.

The actual bug I've found is by starting challenge more then fleeing. I can see an in-game achievement come up, then the whole game crashes. After reloading the game, the "you have a new unlock and gem to get" ! At the top left is showing, but I haven't earned the achievement properly and nothing is visible to click. I'm sure once I do a bit more challenge mode I'll earn it properly and it will fix itself.

Best of luck with the eventual launch and I look forward to buying all constant IAP to help support you!

12. Bulk Paint

I'm not sure 'plan' is the correct term, but yeah, we're still working on the onboarding. The idea is to do it subtly though - modern tutorials suck and all they really do is teach you how to pass a tutorial. We don't want that. We want you to work out how to play the game. With that in mind, there are two main approaches - the first is the Achievements. By checking them out, they should give you an idea of the aim of the game. The second is Tip Rat Jeff, who tells you more lower level mechanical stuff.

Of course, we don't really tell you to check out either of those things in game yet, so there is that. In fact, I bet you don't even know who Tip Rat Jeff is...

There's a rather annoying problem with Challenge mode in that it'll only work if it's the first quest you try in a session. If you've already reached the final wave of a regular quest, Challenge mode will fall over. I've fixed it now - but if you want to play Challenge mode on the version you currently have, it's best to close down the app and start it up again.

13. KingOfHh

KingOfHh New Member

Jan 20, 2017
    I have met Jeff! I'll keep playing away and see what else I can break.

14. Bulk Paint

Something for the weekend?

How about a new version?

• Mob quests are back - face off against multiple creatures at once
    • Steal status effects - monsters can steal your items. Kill the monster to get the items back.
    • Bomb creatures - kill them before they explode
    • Fancier UI - because who doesn't like that?
    • Plenty of bugs fixed. Plenty new ones to find.

Happy questing!

15. Dominus

Dominus New Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Hang with first beta:
    In the first quest that has a timer, I "think" the game hung when I had just selected my glyphs and at exact moment the time ran out.
    The game didn't seem to be able to quit the battle while the spell was already readied but the spellcastee already removed from battle.

Or the time didn't run out but I bledvto death or died of poisoning- but these take effect before you are able to select glyphs, right?

Attached a screenshot from my ipad.

Only after habing to force quit the game did I remember to update to the next beta. So I'm sorry if that is a known and already fixed bug.

Attached Files:

16. Bulk Paint

It turns out there was a problem with Build 15, so we've rolled back to Build 13 for the time being. If you could ensure your Testflight has you on Build 13, that'd be just peachy, thanks.

17. Dominus

Dominus New Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Hmm, my above problem was with the build before 13.

And the next time challenge hung the game as well, but well before the time ran out. This time with build 13.

Attached Files:

18. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    A lot of the later quests still seem to be broken (18-20). 20.4 seems to only have underpowered Bathylisks (one-shot kills). 20.5 seems somewhat anticlimactic-- not even a boss level?

Having way too much fun with the restored menagerie glitch wrt pet-buffing: I think its attacks are now up to 2800 or so. Though could you shift the placement of the snakes a bit lower/sideways? Or behind? Currently, they tend to cover most of the lovely character art, including some of the face-- during gameplay, my character mainly looks like eyes and a hat behind a snake.

19. DebbieB

DebbieB New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Can't get past the first quest!!! Aaaarrgghh

Hi.. have played the game loads but I can't figure out how to progress to the next island. What am I doing wrong? It just says I need to complete quests to unlock. I'm stuck.

Debs

20. robotrigger

robotrigger Active Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Freeze issue

Not sure if it's been reported already, but with latest update island 13 mission 3 freezes the second mob attacks. Can't get past this level no matter how many times I've tried.