Universal Glyph Quest Chronicles feedback thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bulk Paint, Jan 6, 2017.

1. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Hey guys,

So far I'm super into this. It is very fun and it feels a lot like the other two games, which were great.

I'm curious if you are planning to put a one time payment to get rid of needing to buy mana.

I also don't know what the recharge time is on it, but I love to binge games like this and I can't without the ability to buy an unlock that lets me play it to death.

Keep up the great work!

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    So far, no bugs. Runs smoothly.

I love the art style, it's fantastic!

This is a little bit picky I know but would you consider an option to speed up the battles or reduce the animations?
    It's probably just me but when I play games like this I just want to take the damage and get on with my next turn lol.

3. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    I really hope this ends up being the case. The stamina model is such a huge turn off to me, I can't stand when a game tells me I can't play. Moreover, the loyalty card doesn't appear to do very much to keep things moving, maybe I don't fully understand it. I'd love to see like a "gold" loyalty card, something that's more expensive but just does away with mana altogether.

4. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

We currently have a feature called Patron Mode. We haven't finalised the details as yet (and we may well be shooting ourselves in the F2P foot here) but the gist of it is that if you spend money on the game, we track it. Spend enough and we put you into Patron mode. In Patron Mode you have proven that you're nice enough to support us poor, starving indies, so we do things like turn off the mana requirements and increase the amount of gems you get from completing your loyalty cards.

You can track your progress in the Achievements panel.

Bear in mind though that we may have to revisit the design of this at launch, but the way it currently works is the plan as it stands.

5. Bulk Paint

Once you've unlocked Challenge Mode, you'll always be able to play that. It's the score attack endless runner mode. No items, unlimited waves that get tougher and tougher. Doesn't cost any Mana to enter.

There's a loyalty card that you can buy that requires fewer stamps to fill than the basic one, meaning you get your bonus mana more regularly.

And that purchase will also contribute to your Patron Mode score...

6. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Ok cool, I'm glad there will be a way to pay to unlock this kind of stuff.

I also noticed that when crafting the trinkets, there is no description of what the item does. You can see it on the status screen once you create it, but not in the workshop. Is that intentional?

7. Bulk Paint

Nope. The way we communicate stats on gear items is undergoing a big revamp.

8. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Bestiary bugs

Two quick things. First, there's a chimera with a werewolf description! This is the werewolf entry.

Second, the description of the archer is getting cut off.

Also, I'm really impressed with the art and animation this time around. It was already great with previous installments, but it's really eye catching here. Great work!

Attached Files:

9. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Random crash with side effect

I had a random crash today (iPhone 7, os 10.2), but after I restarted, my mostly depleted mana was refilled. I can't reproduce this, but thought it was worth noting.

10. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Challenge mode crash

Playing challenge mode, wave 30. Stone golem appears and attacks, but the attack never registers and the game hangs there. Grid is greyed out, but game animations still persist. iPhone 7, os 10.2. Can't seem to attach screenshot, will try again later.

Also of note, the game refreshed my mana bar after I force closed the app and restarted. Second time I've seen this behavior after app crashes.

11. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2-- in the Workshop while viewing the Wind Chime helm, clicking on the feather component requirement has irrevocably committed the single feather I'd collected, even though more components are still required to craft the item. Maybe reserve components in player inventory until an item is actually craftable?

12. robotrigger

robotrigger Active Member

Feb 4, 2014
    #32 robotrigger, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Mana limitations

Please remove this post. Found the answer in previous posts.

13. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    #33 Siderakat, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Game crashed and dumped me out after defeating first opponent(s: rat scrum) in Challenge Mode.

Addendum: now on level 9.2; the game has started showing me progress messages from earlier in the game: "So you lost a quest" after losing a level, and the first-time four-glyph congrats.

14. Punky_vixen

Punky_vixen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Find it annoying that a win kicks you back to helmstone (especially as you get further up the map!) but a loss doesn't?! (Even tho I should probably buy some potions?)

15. Punky_vixen

Punky_vixen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Sometimes the pet attack button doesn't hide when actions are happening and if you press it it brakes the game either doesn't finish player attack or crashes
    Seen it happen when 6glyph summons come out and when they do their finisher
    And when ALL the piranhas are attacking it tends to remain (I usually get bored while they all individually fury/attack so I've noticed it available then)

16. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Achievement bug

Looks like at least two completed achievements do not grey out when finished. See attachment. "Up for a challenge" looks the same way.

EDIT: Actually, there's no way I used 100 items yet, so I do t know what's up with this one...

Attached Files:

17. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #37 putermcgee, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Two things, not bugs, but UI (UX?) things.

The premium items don't actually say what they do, and I couldn't imagine dropping money on something that ambiguous. Guessing the alchemy one is a doubler, but maybe the purpose of the others will be more apparent with more play. I just noticed one of them, crafting gear, sells for jewels, not money, so I guess I'm just unsure about how much better the loyalty card is from the free one

Scrolling through items in the shop only works by pressing and dragging on an item. When scrolled to the bottom, it's weird that you can't scroll back up by clawing at the blank space, so you have to pull down on one of the shop items. It's the same in the achievements menus as well. In the spells menu, it was confusing at first because you can tap other spells in the background while looking up a given spell.

18. Siderakat

Siderakat Active Member

Jan 16, 2017
    The Stone Golems (and Gem Golems?) seem to be this year's Kraken-- after they whomp, the glyph board never reacrivayes. Wood Golems seem to be okay, though.

There are a few spells which remain unsilenced when music/fx are turned off. Will have to take notes, but iirc most have Arcane glyphs-- the summons and at least two other shorter/ combo arracks.

I really do not like the timed levels, but that's prolly a matter of individual gameplay taste/skills. I keep not even noticing at first that the ring floater is even lurking down there. In general, though, love the overall game.

19. Bulk Paint

It wouldn't be Glyph Quest without at least one monster that brought everything to a grinding halt...

20. Bulk Paint

Do you mean that the descriptions aren't descriptive enough? When you tap on the icons it should show you a description on the confirmation pop up before you choose to buy or not.