Universal Glyph Quest Chronicles (by Chorus Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

Is anyone still having save game issues with the new version? Do please let us know. I'm concerned that this might be this game's Kraken bug...

2. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    I tried to trash the app as hard as I can, to stresstest the savegame feature. So far it seems stable.

There is another thing that should concern you. Right now I can restore my purchase multiple times and every time I receive the whole sum of gold and gems again.

3. Nykeloc

Nykeloc Member

Dec 14, 2008
    The restore purchase button isn't giving me anything extra on iOS when I click it, just an FYI since the other guy is an android user. For a game that is so grind intensive I just noticed I am on Stage 4 and when I go back to grind on State 2 I get zero xp at level 11. I was getting xp before, is this something that changed or is there a level cap with monsters 5 levels below your character? Not sure why we can't go back two stages to grind though since the whole point of grinding is to kill easier monsters for quick xp.

4. Bulk Paint

Good work. Suppose I better plug that one up pretty sharpish...

5. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Can we get a Beastiary button on the combat screen? It is frustrating to die first then see their stats. Also my meemory sucks =)

6. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I had made a similar request earlier in the thread and I think it was positively received; would make a nice quality of life improvement. My logic was also about the same #

I'll spend some time testing the new update tonight but (thankfully) never experienced the save bug. Hope it holds up for everyone!

7. Bulk Paint

I was going to put a thing in that would pop up the strengths and weaknesses when you tapped a creature. Will that do?

8. Pickman

Mar 30, 2013
    "Good work. Suppose I better plug that one up pretty sharpish..."

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, to further test the savegame-facebook behaviour.

I started with a new character, but as soon as I logged in to facebook, it reinstalled my previous savegame from before I deleted the app.

So I guess the savegame sync works as intended.

Have you considered implementing a download button next to the upload button to give the player more control over the synching process?

As it is now, It's impossible to change the character and log in to facebook again.

Maybe I'm missing something but more control over when and what is synchronized seems like something useful to me.

9. Bulk Paint

I did. There was one, but it's not displayed anywhere anymore. It's the simplest solution, but it's also open to exploits. For example, you could try a quest, fail, lose the mana then just restore your cloud save and be back before the quest started.

10. Bulk Paint

On tapping on creatures to find their strengths and weaknesses:

We don't want to do it. Well, that's not entirely true. Let me explain.

We believe that half the fun is in the discovery of how things in the game tick. We've given you the tools to find out what weaknesses the monster has in the Bestiary, so it's up to you to remember them. Enabling you to be able to just tap on something will encourage laziness and there'll never be a reason to go to the Bestiary screen. I quite like the Bestiary screen and it would be a shame to see it go to waste...

So, instead, what I think we'll do is that the tap-to-reveal-weakness thing will only work when you've both discovered the monster and viewed its page in the Bestiary at least once. After then, every time you tap on the monster it can tell you the info.

What do you think?

11. Pickman

Mar 30, 2013
    Yes, didn't think about that. Anyway, savegames seem to be stable now. I'll keep you posted and will put my 5 star review up on the appstore soon.

12. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    Sounds great!

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Nice update guys! I was holding out to see if anything special came for beta testers that played the heck out of this.. and then I saw the new option to remove ads with the cheaper IAP’s. Bought everything besides The Patreon so far.

And I still have a ton of areas/levels unlocked from testing, minus the gear & stats. So grind as I will. Since this game is excellent imo.

14. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    I havent read into what save issues people had but i had an issue where it would crash upon opening.

To fix this, i turned on airplane mode, Launched game, once loaded, minimized out and turned off airplane mode.

15. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    I purchased the Patron Pack as soon as you answered my question about the ad removal, and I've really been enjoying the game. I have a question about the Bag of Holding, is it only possible to claim it through a purchase? I've been shaking it each day that I've played, I kind of thought that $20 was the most that someone could spend in the app, that everything unlocked with the Patron Pack. Does the Bag of Holding every stop growing? I might make the purchase at some point if I knew that it was at maximum growth and wouldn't hold more until it was emptied "purchased". Thank you for being so quick to address everyone's concerns, hopefully you're still considering updating the previous GQ apps!

16. Bulk Paint

It will never stop growing! Never I say! Mwah ha ha ha hah! The price never goes up though. So at some point, you're going to look at that and go "$3 for all of those gems? Bargain!". At some point the offer will be just too good. Then we've got you. Got you I say! You will have spent MORE MONEY and we will be able to retire to a super yacht off the coast of exotica and live out our days in luxury.

Either that or you'll be trapped in a constant cycle of "Yeah, but it'll just be bigger tomorrow. I'll wait until then.". In which case it's a small flat in Nottingham for us.

17. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Thanks for the response! I've been thinking on this and just something for you to think about...I'd be more tempted to buy it if it had a cap, like after 90 or 100 days, maybe even 30 or 60. If I knew that it had reached a limit, I'd feel more "pressure" to empty it so that it would start growing again. I can only speak for myself, not sure how others feel about it. I'm probably alone in this as I can hear others saying that there shouldn't be IAP's in a game that they paid to turn it into a premium experience. I know it's a tough balance, wish you nothing but the best and hope that you find success, I've really enjoyed this series.

18. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Latest update seems to work in regards to ad removal after the purchases specified, which is great. However, for some reason now my shop only offers the materials chest and bag of holding - nothing else is visible in the shop interface. Other vendors /npcs seem fine, but I cannot buy any potions or items are they aren't visible or selectable. I've tried running a few quests, upgrading equipment, and a force close plus hard boot, but nothing has made it reappear yet. Anyone else have a similar experience or ideas on what else to try?

19. Bulk Paint

Well that's... crazy? Are the buttons just not there or are they off screen? Can you scroll? We have had the odd report of people not being able to scroll through the shop items...

20. Mazzani

Mazzani New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Seattle
    I have a similar issue with scrolling, but I believe it on account of how scrolling was implemented. My experience is that you must touch and drag on an item in the shop directly, as you cannot scroll via the background. Would be great if you enabled scrolling from anywhere on the item screen. I've attached an image to illustrate this.

https://ibb.co/iRinX5